FF Female Ranger or D&D Amazon Longbowmaiden (07 DEC 05)

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
I've got the Female Ranger done, finally. Now the Base (non UU) defensive infantry unit line is complete for the FF mod.

This Female Longbow-armed Ranger would also work in D&D or as an Amazon replacement for the Longbowman.

Get'cher Ranger here!

Preview:

Attachments

• Ranger.gif
    Ranger.gif
    100.2 KB · Views: 3,067
Very well done. Nicely animatted. The pause with the arrow is perfect.
I also like how it can work as a generic archer for flavor variations in the std game.
Does the arrow change size a little as it moves? It seems to get larger.

Bjornlo said:
Very well done. Nicely animatted. The pause with the arrow is perfect.
I also like how it can work as a generic archer for flavor variations in the std game.
Does the arrow change size a little as it moves? It seems to get larger.

Thanks for the comment..... and no, the arrow does not change size (although it does angle toward the camera a bit).... I think it may be a trick of the lighting set-up. As for how I got that animation down so pat.... I own a re-curve bow, and my brother and cousins used to practice shooting a hay-bale placed at about 25 yards away, so I've got the basice archery stance down pat.

It was my original intention to have her as a potentially RL unit, and chose 16th century style clothing for her. Her costume interestingly enough was from a 16th century swordswoman outfit for Aiko 3 that's available on DAZ3D, but I cut the tails off the overcoat, turning it into a jerkin, retextured both it and her pants, and added a sorta Scottish style cap with a gold ribbon from Yamato's A3 J-Pop Idol Singer set (along with a free hair figure called Moko hair from the same site). The longbow is a freebie from Renderosity, and the Arrows and Quiver are from Kinboat's Samurai Prop package.

BTW, I've got an In-game screenshot as well. As you can see from the Japanese Worker (standard worker in the FF mod), this unit fits in well with the Firaxis units.

Attachments

• RangerImage1.jpg
    RangerImage1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,154
I like it, I might have to add it to my patch of the Mystara mod

VERY nice, good to see an in-game shot too. That mod's gonna turn out amazing I'm sure.

:thumbsup:

Nice... Very well done. Could be of use in my Playground Mod.

:goodjob:

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Iron Beagle: Depends on what the request is, whether I have (or can find) the figures and props for it, and my production schedule..... If I do take a request, it will be slotted in after at least the top row of the preview pic in the first post of my Unit Creation Thread (which will soon be linked in my sig). Those units are my current priority (Viera Sniper, Esperling, X-Cannon and Chocobo Knight). If the request particularly interests me (or could be useful in one of my immediate projects) I may do it sooner. I've already done a few requests for people (Gatling gun for El Justo, Steam Tank for Zulu, Geisha Assassin and soon the Naginata girl for Shiro).

I MAY even (once at least the next four units are done) run a unit lottery (like Kinboat and Aaglo used to do).

Orthanc: Yeah, I need to make an update with some more SS in the FF mod progress thread, once I get some more of this stuff done.

Bluemofia: I take it that this will be going to the Girls civ :mischief:

Hikaro Takayama said:
Bluemofia: I take it that this will be going to the Girls civ :mischief:

Apparantly... They are the civ most lacking in units. Don't exactly want to use the highly revealing units made by others, as elementary school kids don't often parade around half naked. :mischief:

Hey, I was wondering if any of my FF LH would work for the LH of the Playground mod? Garnet (current version) or Princess Fiona would work great as the Girls, Ramza might work for Senso, and Cloud might work for the Boys.....

Anyways, check my Unit Creation thread, I've got some more female units on the way.

Hikaro Takayama said:
Hey, I was wondering if any of my FF LH would work for the LH of the Playground mod? Garnet (current version) or Princess Fiona would work great as the Girls, Ramza might work for Senso, and Cloud might work for the Boys.....

Anyways, check my Unit Creation thread, I've got some more female units on the way.

We've settled on flags right now. Much less complicated.

Right on, guy, that is a great unit. I'm gonna use it for epic-mod flavour for sure...as soon as I get around to modding my epic game! Drat!!

Hikaro Takayama said:
I've got the Female Ranger done, finally. Now the Base (non UU) defensive infantry unit line is complete for the FF mod.

This Female Longbow-armed Ranger would also work in D&D or as an Amazon replacement for the Longbowman.

I think that you should try and do a remake of the standard longbowmen in the game, replace the bow for one thing. That would be awesome, as is this mind you :goodjob: .

Top Bottom