Unit Creation Sounds Thread

What do you think about a Sounds thread??

• It could be very useful!!!

Votes: 271 84.7%
  • It's OK

Votes: 43 13.4%
  • I don't like the idea,It can't be useful...

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Bad idea!!

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
Hi, man! My Heinkel is also full stopped...I'm having university's exams...and I haven't got time to work on it. I hope in the next 2 weeks I'll continue my work. it's very difficult to make an unit by hand:rolleyes: !!I would like to change the color, to make a Luftwaffe green camouflage, but...I think that it's Ok now.What do you think about the color?is the default green of the CivIII bomber...

Also I'll work on stainz's Avro Arrow, to finish his beautiful unit:goodjob:
Bye!!:D

Attachments

• he-111.gif
    he-111.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,898
Your idea about replacing colors is very interesting.What about winter camouflages?;).
And of course...THIRD REICH CREATION TEAM!!!.
One thing:SpencerH's firegalley animation is awesome!.I've thought about make a german flammenwerfer (flamethrower;)), based on a german infantry unit (your waffen SS little modified, with wehrmacht uniform, and the fuel tanks), and add SpencerH's fire animation, with my sound. The death animation should be a very big explosion. I think it's a great idea, but we need the author's permission...and TIME;);). tell me what do you think about this unit

Hi, buddy. Take a look on this thread about Spanish leaders:)Spanish leaders .I like your idea about creating a head of "la reina Isabel". Firaxis did a big mistake ignoring the Spanish civilization:p .

About the "flammenwerfer". The fire animation was created by SpencerH. He doesn't reply his thread, so I'll begin working on the unit (when I have TIME:rolleyes: ). Wooow...I'll be working on three units:crazyeye: .
And I'll try to modify also your Waffen SS and your Fallschirmjäger to do the unit:p .
have a nice day!!(oops, where I live is very late...I'll soon get sleep:rolleyes: )
bye!

Hi, buddy:). I don't like soccer...jaja:p , but I like Civ III!!!!:D

And this could be useful, specially for Kinboat and his Squid unit ;). He doensn't have an interesting sound, but...FOR WHAT IS THIS THREAD????;);)
Enjoy!!:king:
(sound file taken from the Dinosaur Scenari for CivII, I don't remember the author;))

Attachments

• squidattack.zip
    64.6 KB · Views: 540
Hey everyone

All you people who have or are making units I salute you without you my civ3 would be dull. Since my computer skills are lacking(first computer only had 3months) I would like to offer any help I can to anyone making WW2 units, especially you guys in the Third Reich Creation Team. I use all of your guys units and just want contribute what I can ex. pictures, info, whatever. Anyway later!!:cool: :cool:

Thanks, buddy! You are welcome, and any information, pictures..etc, you have would be very useful to new unit projects:).
To begin;): What about Heinkel He-111 bomber civilopedia entry? I have a lot of information on Luftwaffe books, but they're all writen in Spanish, and my English isn't good for translating (all of you'd noticed :p). If you make a good text for my unit, I'll thank you very much:king: .
Bye!!!:D

Originally posted by Pablostuka

What about Heinkel He-111 bomber civilopedia entry?D [/B]

Well haven't messed too much with civilopedia entries yet but I will give it a crack just give me a couple of days! Later!!:cool: :cool:

Originally posted by Pablostuka [/i]
Thanks, buddy! You are welcome, and any information, pictures..etc, you have would be very useful to new unit projects:).

Just tell me what you need and I will get it or find it. Let me know. Later!!:cool: :cool:

Ok, It's time to post more interesting sounds for our unit creations.
I attach a file containing 3 sounds taken from "History" scenario for CivII by Sound Wave. They are excellent for WW2 infantry attack animations!!!

And I invite you guys to post your sounds!!:cool:

Attachments

• moresounds.zip
    157.7 KB · Views: 888
Here are some cool sounds you mod makers can use for the game, I hope you like them. These are mainly tank sounds and machine gun sounds. Later, Joe

Attachments

• sounds.zip
    406.2 KB · Views: 963
Thanks for the sound Pablostuka. I have all my old civ2 files on my computer still, I should've thought of looking through them... I'm going right now to see if I can find a few others...

Very good sounds!!!:)
Tomorrow I'll post an special zip containing a lot of WW2 infantry weaponry sounds. imagine...sounds for Garand rifle, MP-40, Thompson, MG-42, MG-34, .30 cal,.50 cal, Mauser rifle, mortars....etc. All WW2 unit creators will be very happy:p :p
Bye!!!:king:

As I promised, here is a zip containing these sounds:

United States
*BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle)
*Thompson
*Garand rifle
*Browning .30 cal machine gun
*Browning .50 cal machine gun
Germany
*MP-40
*Mauser rifle
*MG-34 machine gun
*MG-42 machine gun
All
*Light mortar
*Medium mortar
*heavy mortar

Enjoy!!!:king:

Attachments

• infantryweapons.zip
    433.3 KB · Views: 939
I have two points...

First anyone here ever heard of a game called Steel Panthers World at War... Matrix Games released it as freeware a little while ago... Anyway my point here is that it has a ton of WW1/2 based sounds in wav format... I'll post two here for review, but look at my second point first.

Second I can't seem to get any sounds I create or modify to work in the game.... I've converted them to 22, 8bit mono like the other sounds are and I don't get anything... Is there something I'm missing? (obviously I am) With that in mind I'm posting two samples of Sounds from SPWaW... They aren't in the right format for civ3 yet. I have a ton of other sounds from that game if anyone wants to request a specific gun or tank sound (planes too) Or you should be able to download the complete game at Matrix Games' site (don't know offhand) It is a hefty 300meg.

oops forgot the file....

Attachments

• spwaw_sample.zip
    363.2 KB · Views: 598
Top Bottom