Omega Zombie 9-24-07

Thank You all for your Comments.

yes, I have been working on the Escape From Zombie Island 2 Update and it should be ready to Upload very soon....just a matter ot testing to make sure all is as wanted and tweaking anything needed. Testing now so will not be long.

Plotinus, yes, This unit was a bit of a "Pain" due to the Red colors in the Muscles. The Death I managed without too much trouble but the palette and then manually adjusting the storyboards was a chore. "Note to self...make none Red units lol". The Magenta background and Reds do Cause difficulties due to anti aliasing. Your units have added a Great touch to the EFZI2 game.

NavyDawg... yes, the Update will make the Game better with the new additions. Hope you Guys will like it. Your Units in the game are what help make it Great.

The Omega... Thought you might like at least the Name :lol:

DragonBird..yes I made that Head separately...the details get lost at Civ Scale but guess it serves.

LizardmenRule!..."footy"...he would bite your Foot Off if you tried :lol:

COAtlantis1745...thanks, I hope the sounds suffice. Had to use my voice for them ...altered of course so not how I really sound :mischief: ok, maybe after a few drinks on a night of the Full Moon :lol:

aaglo...Your Units have Really helped make the EFZI2 Scenario far Better. Much appreciated and thanks for the comment.

I am sure there are not a great deal of games where this unit would fit well but I very much appreciate the Kind Comments from you all and hope you will play EFZI2, The Remake.

Vuldacon... hats off to you, sir! This IS a very original and nicely crafted unit! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks TopGun89.

SpacerOne... I am testing the Survivors now and Hannibal already is Not exactly Happy about the New Units and Other Adjusted ones but I think he is Up for the Challenge.

themanuneed... It is No "Secret" and very simple. I use Poser 6 and although this can be done with various programs, I found it easier to manually make the Death Glow Frames. I parented the Skeleton to the Omega Zombie so it would have the same position and then made the Omega Zombie invisible so just the skeleton showed, then when Positioned as I wanted, I deleted the Omega Zombie and saved just the Skeleton and that was Rendered and added to the Other Death Renders.
Because the skeleton was adapted to the Bone structure of the Omega Zombie, it was Off the Ground in places where the Bones would naturally be due to the Body Flesh. I then dropped the bones of the skeleton that were off the Ground to the Ground over a couple of Frames in Poser.
After Rendering, I duplicated the Last Frame of the Omega Zombie before the Skeleton frames. I simply removed all colors from the Unit by Replacing them with Black. I can do this in one fast step because I made a "Smoke" and a "Shadow" palette that I can load, Maintain Indexes and that Makes all other colors Black. I removed All Smoke and Shadow Shades from the Palette before applying the Smoke Palette.
I then experimented with several Green Colors that I wanted to use as the Glow and Transition Colors.
Because we are limited to such few Unit Colors on the Unit Palettes in the first place, I did not want to "Eat Up" more with many Glow Colors. So this technique allowed me to use Just a Few Colors for the Effect.

Copy all End Frames for all directions and paste them as a new image. Then after removing the Smoke and Shadow Shades, Change the entire Body color to what is desired. This will be only two colors...Magenta and what ever color the entire Unit is colored with.
You apply the Colors you want to all the Unit Parts in all Frames one color at a time then copy and Paste them back to a new Storyboard that has the desired number of Frames to accommodate the additional Frames. Repeat the color change for each Color using the same End Frame image for all directions.
Naturally, I had already added the needed Colors to the Combined .BMP Storyboards Before I Reduced the Colors to make the Unit Palette so they would be there for the Additional Death Glow Frames.
Simple Really :)
Edit: Forgot to mention that I have a simple Smoke Prop I use in Poser.

Is this what happens when Arnold Schwarzenegger (the muscle) and Nicole Richie (the skeletal face) have a child and it gets bitten by a zombie? If so, then this is just perfect! :D

Nice unit Vuldacon! Will look really nice in the next EFZI scenario. That thing looks like it could bash in the head of any unknowing human rather than eat it.

Nice unit Vuldacon! Will look really nice in the next EFZI scenario. That thing looks like it could bash in the head of any unknowing human rather than eat it.
:lol: Gen. Rommel, Yes on Paradise Island, Zombie Viruse is the 2nd Food Group for the Zombies...makes them Strong...Of course the 1st Food Group is Braiiiinnnsss and Human Flesh :eek:

Thanks for explaning the whole process... that's a very cute idea and might be inspirating to many people I hope !!! 2 parented figures... hmm... have to think of it...

Wow, this has got to be one of the greatest unit death animations in the history of Civ III. ;)

EDIT: Why the devil did I bump this just for that... Sorry... :(

Top Bottom