Southern Victory Infantry

Wyrm, Love the "Drill Team" fidget for the US Rifleman... Great work there! :D

Wyrm, Love the "Drill Team" fidget for the US Rifleman... Great work there! :D

I carried a Springfield for many many years, so I know exactly how to handle one. Here's me @19.
Spoiler :

While I wasn't on one, every single US Navy base I've been to has had at least one drill team, and they strut their stuff anytime there's a special event going on such as the 4th of July or Friendship day, which was held at the Yokosuka Navy base on the day that Perry landed in Kurihama (an incorporated ward in Yokosuka city), which also happens to be the day of the Yokosuka Kaikoku Matsuri (festival of the opening of the country)....

I've also seen some impressive Youtube videos of the USMC drill team in action... Those guys are GOOD!!

Is that uniform you're wearing an AirForce ROTC or JROTC uniform? I'm not familliar with it, but it looks like the US Air Force emblem on your shoulder there.....

Is that uniform you're wearing an AirForce ROTC or JROTC uniform? I'm not familliar with it, but it looks like the US Air Force emblem on your shoulder there.....

Pre-ww2 US Army. We had all the services so only our shoulder patches were different. A few of 'us'

Cool! Now that you mention it, your uniforms DO look exactly like the ones depicted in Bill Mauldin's earlier cartoons (during training in 1940, right before the US entered World War II)....

Also done is the US WW2 rifleman. Yes he is armed with a bolt-action Springfield.. No such thing as a Garand in this timeline.

You know, a case can be made that since Garand was born in Quebec in 1888 that the English, not the Yanks would have the first semi-auto battle rifle in the world.

And just maybe, that would find its way into Reb hands. ;)

I also like alt-hist, with emphasis on the hist. :D

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

Sorry Thor, but Quebec was liberated and is now a puppet of the USA in this timeline... Not adopting the Garand is short sightedness on the part of this US Army.

I'm going by how the books describe things. But theres a lot of discrepencies with some of the poeple and inventions. Turtledove is a storyteller, not a rivet counter.

2 more guys posted. I am satisfied with WW2 infantry. Time for WW1. I don't think I'm going to try to kill myself making a machine gun crew. Maybe if I'm motivated enough.

Woohoo! Vive le Québec libre!

...Wait... I'm a federalist...

These are wonderful units. :hatsoff:

I think I could use some of these as possible units for my mod, for countries that did not really get involved in WWII.

For instance, the Mexican rifleman would make a nice "what if" unit for Mexico, and as Mexico wasn't part of WWII, I have no infor about their real uniforms at the time.

Anyone with reference to real Mexican uniforms in 1938-1945? Is Wyrm's version acceptable?

I think I could use some of these as possible units for my mod, for countries that did not really get involved in WWII.

For instance, the Mexican rifleman would make a nice "what if" unit for Mexico, and as Mexico wasn't part of WWII, I have no infor about their real uniforms at the time.

Anyone with reference to real Mexican uniforms in 1938-1945? Is Wyrm's version acceptable?

I'm not sure about the accuracy, but you might sub them for late-war Brazilians.

-Oz

My mod is not a WWII specific mod, but an epic mod with a WWII period, and Mexico is a civ.

So I need units for Mexico in the WWII period, I think this unit could go very well, even if it's not historical.

CSA=Nazi Germany.
Mexico= Franco's Spain...

Do I need to go any deeper explaining things?

Very nice Wrym. This is making me want to finish my alternate history scenario.

Ps. I love the series as well. Harry Turtledove is simply a great writer.

Happy Haloween. No costume for me this year, but I did finish the WW1 era Confederate Cavalry. I also rearanged the posts so that WW1 is now first and WW2 is 2nd post.

Top Bottom