[Religion and Revolution]: Drop in and say hallo ...

raystuttgart

Civ4Col Modder
Hi guys, :wavey:

we would really like to know who is playing our mod. :)
So why not simply drop in and say "hallo" to the team.

Use this thread to have some discussions about the good and the bad.
(But please still use the according threads for reporting bugs and discussing feature ideas.)

The thread is meant as a plattform to simply have some nice talk.

----------

Come on, do not be ashamed. :thumbsup:
Have your "coming out" and admit playing Religion and Revolution.

Maybe you can find some fellow sufferers and exchange some advice or organize a self helping group (playing Multiplayer, sharing strategies, ...). ;)

@Hrvoje193:

Did you switch to Release 1.1 already ?
What do you especially like / not like ?
Are the new features easy or difficult to understand ?
Are you trying to play some special strategy ?

@Hrvoje193:

Did you switch to Release 1.1 already ?
No, I am finishing game started in first release.Later I will surely try new releases.

What do you especially like / not like ?
Best part is integration of almost all little features I liked, and other mods lacked one or other.So in the end it is already best mod for Civ4 Colonization.

Of course there is always room for improvements.Worst part for surely is combat system inherited from vanilla(similar to Civ4-BTS) - 3 ground units and SOTL as naval unit.As I mentioned in other post Mediavel: Conquests has some nice features like more units: Pikeman that has bonuses vs cavalry; crossbowmen, skirmisher...all have their use.Mod also has very nice and very simple graphics - meaning looks nice and work fast.For instance Imperial Carrack is huge compared to other naval units.

My humble suggestion is also reworking naval units.By that I mean ships should spend every turn certain amount of "expendable parts" like sailcloth, ropes, ammunition and food.It would be more realistically if their quantity would affect on performance as units, especially in battle.Ships already use cannons, so why shouldn't number of cannons need certain amount of ammo.Also in old Colonization cargo(weight) did affect battle, which is realistical.

Inventions/research is under development so we will see later how is that gonna work out.

In building screen I must choose something to build, even when I have everything i need.Gold/research production would be better.Or maybe even "no production".
In the governor screen words are overlapping.There was discussion about that, so I guess it is not easy to adapt mod to all resolutions, but I use 1680*1650 which is today probably most common.

In the end I talked mostly about things that would be nice to improve, simply because improving mod is most important part.Anyway team is doing great job, and I really appreciate it.

Are the new features easy or difficult to understand ?
No, most of the features were already in other mods, or were mentioned in forum, so they are very easy.
Are you trying to play some special strategy ?
I like to develop economy, much more then to fight.

Best regards

Did you change something so that when a player is in the game, the AIs gravitate towards them like some kind of satelite to planet thing?
20 full turns in, TWENTY, and some european nation FINALLY got their first settlement and they placed it two squares away from my colony. I mean wha tthe bloody .....

This whole time I"ve been trying to get some distance between me and them, and I haven't. Whats going on?

Did you change something so that when a player is in the game, the AIs gravitate towards them like some kind of satelite to planet thing?

Nothing like that was implemented. :dunno:

But there are 6 European AIs on Large, Huge and Gigantic.
TAC only had 5 on Large and Huge.
Vanilla had only 4 on Large and Huge.

Edit:

I had started 2 new games.
European AIs were quite nicely spread.

Hello,

Just started playing 1.1.

Got a question: When the natives start Raiding why can't Colony reinforcements (from another city) engage the Raiders With Out having to Declare War when the Raiders are still present in the City tiles/area of the original Raid?

I had a new city defended with a new Musketman unit, Aztecs brought in 3 Brave units. Musket survived 1st 2 attacks but dies on the 3rd. I sent Crussaires from neighboring city to help but they did not get to raided city before Musket died. The now Armed Braves still in the raided city's 9 tiles I could not engage with out Declaring War. This does not seem right or fair. Is this intended? Or an oversight? or a bug?

JosEPh :)

Got a question: When the natives start Raiding why can't Colony reinforcements (from another city) engage the Raiders With Out having to Declare War when the Raiders are still present in the City tiles/area of the original Raid?

I had a new city defended with a new Musketman unit, Aztecs brought in 3 Brave units. Musket survived 1st 2 attacks but dies on the 3rd. I sent Crussaires from neighboring city to help but they did not get to raided city before Musket died. The now Armed Braves still in the raided city's 9 tiles I could not engage with out Declaring War. This does not seem right or fair. Is this intended? Or an oversight? or a bug?

Raiding Natives are not "officially enemies".
The feature works as it is currently implemented.

But it is planned to eventually improve the feature. :thumbsup:
I just need to find the time and motivation to do it ...

Find it hard to believe that AI taking 20 turns would suddenly chose the spot where I was to land and have his first true settlement. It was 1497 ( on marathon ), and I had gold nearby but STILL. The funny thing is that I had random seed on and it happened THREE TIMES IN A ROW.

I was FUMING. It was also hard to find a decent spot without AI trying to ream me up the rear in placement that I probalby made a hundred games last night.

Hello :)

I started playing Civ4Col this year, unfortunately ignoring it to this time :-(
And after I played few games in vanilla I immediately started to search some mods - it was exactly like it is mentioned in TAC: I fought "what a pity, this game could be much much better...". :) This is how I discovered TAC and RaR :)

Find it hard to believe that AI taking 20 turns would suddenly chose the spot where I was to land and have his first true settlement. It was 1497 ( on marathon ), and I had gold nearby but STILL. The funny thing is that I had random seed on and it happened THREE TIMES IN A ROW.

I was FUMING. It was also hard to find a decent spot without AI trying to ream me up the rear in placement that I probalby made a hundred games last night.
Funny thing - I have completely opposite experience. Almost every single game I am all alone and all AI's are squeezed on the other side of the map.

Be aware the current system does not give those yields to the native units. They are inmediately sent to native cities. So in fact you can not intercept the raiders because all that process is virtual and is not considered in game.
That's the way it was done. So it's not a bug as Ray says, just a limitation.

Thanks for the clarification ray and Isabel.

JosEPh

Hello to all.

Great mod. It makes the CivCol game really worth playing, with lots of bugs and improvements. Miles away from the vanilla game.

I like the actual features and looking forward to the new ones. Specially all the new yields and resources; I always try to play as a peaceful player, until I get powerful enough to crush the other civilizations. The new resources make the cities you develop more specialized and unique.

I´ve been playing with the release 1.0 so far.

I found that there isn´t any variation in the prices since the beginning of the game. I've been exporting silver since the first couple of turns and haven't seen variations with its prize, or the other resources. I've been playing with the dutch.

I also didn't like the long production line required to build the powerful ships: you need sailcloth, cannons... When I have an economy fully developed, I don't need to build my own ships; I just buy them. Maybe if the player has a restriction to buy frigates or ships of the line in Europe, forcing the player to develop these production lines?

Sorry for my bad english!

In this version of the game you need a CONSIDERABLY large navy to stand even half a chance against the King. Buying ships is good for awhile.....but the prices WILL eat you after a few.
Man-O-War vs. Ship of the Line: 14 vs 9. Danger! Danger Will Robinon.

After a short time not playing R&R im back to it. Downloading release 1.1 right now. Can't promise much tough as I'm also busy searching for a job.

I did not know that there was a working version currently released O.O

I did not know that there was a working version currently released O.O

Really ? :confused:

Community was discussing about the features and reporting bugs already ...

It is here in the Dowload Section of the forum.
Or here in [Religion and Revolution]: Welcome ! (Read first please.)
You can also see the link in my signature.

Hopefully we will be able to bring out Release 1.2 soon. :)

Really ? :confused:

Community was discussing about the features and reporting bugs already ...

It is here in the Dowload Section of the forum.
Or here in [Religion and Revolution]: Welcome ! (Read first please.)
You can also see the link in my signature.

Hopefully we will be able to bring out Release 1.2 soon. :)

I will take a look at it as soon as I can. I heard talk about some people messing with versions but I thought this was just the Team working things out instead of a version where everyone could test it out. Nice to know. :)

Hello... I decided to give this game another chance after I stopped playing a few years ago. I have been looking at mods and have come down to Age of Discovery and this one.

Should I play the basic game first and get to know it again or do you think I could just start playing with this mod or AOD? What is different about this mod from AOD? Thanks for any replies.

I play often! It is the only way I can play CivCol anymore.

Top Bottom