New Unit: Zombie

(Looks at Zombie)

:eek:

I am in your debt, good sir.

Here is an additional sound for the Zombie by embryodead.

I noticed that the Fortress setting under sound was missing in the .INI file. Even though the sound for the Worker building a Fortress could suffice, this sound is better for the Zombie's Big Stick...more of a large Stick hitting the ground than the Worker's Hammer sound.

This is for the Zombie building a Fortress...called "ZombieBeat.wav" (to go with the flc).

The small Zip also contains the adjusted .INI so IF you have the Zombie Update from embryodead, this is all you need.

Having too much Fun with this unit embryodead...I would like to find an area on him to give him CIV Specific Colors though.

Here is the small Zip:

Attachments

• zombiebeat sound.zip
    31.1 KB · Views: 124
Love the Zombie and nice cleaver! :thumbsup: :goodjob: :)

embryodead, Not really trying to "fix" anything...only attempting to enhance or add (hopefully desirable) beneficial extras. Just as your adding the extra worker flcs to the Zombie unit (which are Great additions)....I like the Zombie unit so I am Merely offering extras (.wav files in this case) to you and anyone who may want them. It is certainly not my intention to insult in any way what you have created and offered...it is more a Gratuitous offering in thanks for the Fun Unit.

:love: :lol:

Hey I didn't take it as an insult ;) Sounds are quite forgotten part of the creation, most units don't even have links to civ3 sounds, and often links don't really fit and they start looping horribly... so I *really* apprieciate what you're doing.

Glad I was not "stepping on toes" Embryodead. It was a Pleasure creating the sounds.
...BTW, I am setting up your Zombie as 2 units...one as a Worker with 0 attack and a good defense so he can be Automated as a Worker, the other as an Attacking Zombie that doesn't do Worker jobs. IF the Zombie Worker has the ability to be Automated, it is very helpful IMO and he will still use the Attack flc as defense when needed. The Attacking Zombie will be the Fighting Unit. Have you Tried this?
...The only thing needed that would be absolutely Great is Civ Specific Color so more than one Civ could use the Zombie or Zombies and we could see who they belong to. Perhaps a scrap of torn shirt or a ragged pair of shorts lol. I do realize that adding anything to the Zombie would be a big undertaking with all the animations now and so many frames but it would be Excellent to see many Civs with Zombies :) Would this be possible at this point or just far more work than you would care for? If you are willing to attempt it, I am willing to help in any way with the Graphics. I have added Civ Specific Color to the Original Palatte that could be applied to the flcs and IF the item added is a different color than anywhere else on the unit it could be Civ Specific Colored in all the flcs easier than 1 frame at a time. There may be a simple thing to add as a Civ Specific Colored item that would not detract from the Zombie and also be easy to add...ANY Thoughts?

Originally posted by Vuldacon
Glad I was not "stepping on toes" Embryodead. It was a Pleasure creating the sounds.
...BTW, I am setting up your Zombie as 2 units...one as a Worker with 0 attack and a good defense so he can be Automated as a Worker, the other as an Attacking Zombie that doesn't do Worker jobs. IF the Zombie Worker has the ability to be Automated, it is very helpful IMO and he will still use the Attack flc as defense when needed. The Attacking Zombie will be the Fighting Unit. Have you Tried this?

All non-human workers are set up this way in my wh-mod, though for 2 zombies, I don't really want 2 completly different units using the same animation.

...The only thing needed that would be absolutely Great is Civ Specific Color so more than one Civ could use the Zombie or Zombies and we could see who they belong to. Perhaps a scrap of torn shirt or a ragged pair of shorts lol. I do realize that adding anything to the Zombie would be a big undertaking with all the animations now and so many frames but it would be Excellent to see many Civs with Zombies :) Would this be possible at this point or just far more work than you would care for? If you are willing to attempt it, I am willing to help in any way with the Graphics. I have added Civ Specific Color to the Original Palatte that could be applied to the flcs and IF the item added is a different color than anywhere else on the unit it could be Civ Specific Colored in all the flcs easier than 1 frame at a time. There may be a simple thing to add as a Civ Specific Colored item that would not detract from the Zombie and also be easy to add...ANY Thoughts?

It's 3d render - I would have to re-do all animations, so no, sorry. And I didn't do it in the first place, because it looked ugly with the clothing I had available.

I would love a "Braainnss" quote for the fidget. It could be almost a whisper, but it would be too funny for those who saw the Living Dead movies. I would die every time I scroll across them and I hear a bunch of zombies waiting to work say, "Braainnss."

I would love a "Braainnss" quote for the fidget. It could be almost a whisper, but it would be too funny for those who saw the Living Dead movies. I would die every time I scroll across them and I hear a bunch of zombies waiting to work say, "Braainnss."

OK here you go tjedge1 or anyone else wanting this new Fidget Sound for the Zombie unit.

It is about the same loudness as the Original Fidget sound I made for the unit but if you want it a little more quiet...just use the Sound Recorder in your computer to decrease the sound level.

Here is the small Zip:

Attachments

• brains sound.zip
    53.6 KB · Views: 118
That sound has brought tears of joy and pain to my heart. :lol::cry::lol:
That is so funny that this unit will be installed into every version of the game I play, just so I can hear that some time while I'm playing.

That sound has brought tears of joy and pain to my heart.
Glad you like it tjedge1 ...The "Night of the Living Dead" was a Real Scream and the Zombie unit is a Fun addition to the game. Funny but I initially wanted to place the "Brains" sound for the Fidget when posting the other sounds but thought I would probably be the only one who would like it. Thanks for suggesting it.

Now this is a very interesting unit :D Don't know if i'll find use for him but i'm sure someone else will ;) lol wow. thats all i'll say, wow.

All i can say is i can see some pretty sick mods coming out of this :D lol

Top Bottom