Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

Thanks for this mod. It's great. I am getting odd text glitches though. text replacing other text in setup screens and such. is anybody else seeing anything like this?

Do you have the Steam Civ3Complete? Steam put out an update for civ3 that changed the labels.txt file. That is probably most likely what you are experiencing here.

If so you can go here and read the comments to the OP.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=545904

Thunderfall asked me to replace the download link to the main mod and I've done that. It's now hosted on DepositFiles.com
As you probably have all guessed I'm not modding Civ 3 any more, and I don't even know if I can install it in Windows 8, especially not since my C3C disk broke (or at least stopped being recognised for piracy purposes). So I won't go through and answer questions and suchlike, the mod is available as is.

Hello i searched for a long time but i couldn't find any place to download the real warhammer world map for this mod. if someone could help it woyld be nice :)

Thx

Hello i searched for a long time but i couldn't find any place to download the real warhammer world map for this mod. if someone could help it woyld be nice :)

Thx

I have a copy of the WarHammer map, but I am not sure it will work as I reset it to the default rules. I do not know if I have a copy of the map with the changed rules and units.

Hello,

Great mod, thanks for all the work. Downloaded easily and played like a dream until I got to where I could build magic lodges and magicians. Then I get the following ms:

"Art\UNITS\MAGICIAN\...\...\...\...\...\ART\UNITS\DROMIN/DROMINATTACKFLAMES\.WAV"

What happened? Why didn't I get the art for the magicians with the rest of the download, if that is what is wrong? Any suggestions? I am not very knowledgeable with computers so please try to keep replies simple. Thanks for any help. The game is great and I would love to continue playing it.

Great game but too many missing files. Tried to make a Spy and got ms that art file was missing. Saw someone else had same problem and was directed to a file but this link just gave me a blank page. If anyone playing this mod has the Spy file could you please post it?

Thank you

Found the Spy file in the Medieval scenario and put it in the WH2 scenario but game still crashes. What should I do to the file to make this work.

thanks

well , find the .ini file of the unit that's causing the problem . Just as an example that Dromin , use the search function of your computer and there's bound to be one named in the unit folders of the scenario . Open that folder and you should see one file named Dromin , exactly like the folder and which you should be able to open with the Notepad . Checking it you will see it has lots of lines in it with file names . Your DROMINATTACKFLAMES\.WAV should be the name of a sound file , and on the .ini file it's probably written next to Attack1= or something similar . In .ini files the first group of lines are for .flc files the second group down are for sounds . Now check the contents of the folder to see if there's anything that looks similar to DROMINATTACKFLAMES\.WAV . Let's say you have a DROMINATTACKFLAMES.WAV ... Just use the notepad to correct your Attack1= line to DROMINATTACKFLAMES.WAV ... There are no files ? No problem ; just delete the DROMINATTACKFLAMES\.WAV line in the .ini file . Make sure you have a copy of the original .ini file though -in case of mistakes . That's how ı figured out correcting such mishaps and works for me , once you get the drift it will be quite all right .

Somebody really needs to find 2.5 and upload it. I refuse to believe every single copy of it got lost.

r16, thanks very much for your answer but I'm still lost. I found a solution to the missing .wav (those it is different from yours) but I am stumped by the damned missing Spy file; found the Spy found in the Medieval scenario but can't make it work. Part of it is my computer skills (or lack of) and part perhaps different OS. When I go into the explorer tree and find files nothing has an .ini suffex. In the Medieval Spy folder there are 7 files, each with an flc ending. My questions are:

1) where within the Civ three folders, Scenarios, units, art, ect. should the Spy folder go?
2) how, if at all, should the name of the Spy folder and/or its 7 files be changed?
3) would it work to simply remove the Diplomacy Advance from the game so that there are no spies or would this mess up other things. If this would work how do I do it.

Also, I cannot find any of the folders/files for the units specific to the WH2.5 mod. I can find only those for the vanilla civ iii game.

Pardon my muddle. I think the problem is generational. People raised with computers are like people raised speaking a second language; it seems rational and easy to them. People who try and learn a second language after they reach adulthood have a hell of a tussle. Anyway, thanks for your help. This is such a fun mod I would love to continue playing it if I could just cope with the missing files.

Forgot to say that I have Vista Home Premium OS. Maybe nothing in the OS is labelled .ini? Thanks for the help.

Uh I found the copy is actually on the first post. Never mind my insane ramblings.

r16, thanks very much for your answer but I'm still lost. I found a solution to the missing .wav (those it is different from yours) but I am stumped by the damned missing Spy file; found the Spy found in the Medieval scenario but can't make it work. Part of it is my computer skills (or lack of) and part perhaps different OS. When I go into the explorer tree and find files nothing has an .ini suffex. In the Medieval Spy folder there are 7 files, each with an flc ending. My questions are:

1) where within the Civ three folders, Scenarios, units, art, ect. should the Spy folder go?
2) how, if at all, should the name of the Spy folder and/or its 7 files be changed?
3) would it work to simply remove the Diplomacy Advance from the game so that there are no spies or would this mess up other things. If this would work how do I do it.

Also, I cannot find any of the folders/files for the units specific to the WH2.5 mod. I can find only those for the vanilla civ iii game.

Pardon my muddle. I think the problem is generational. People raised with computers are like people raised speaking a second language...

am 45 myself ; my first computer was 1994ish 486 that my older brother turned over to me in 2003 .

the .ini file must be present in any folder in the units area of any folder as far as ı know . Probably you have one of those early units where CFC had bandwidth issues and the like to force a limit on file size .

the correct answer to your query would be that you would have to study the whole "adding units" issue . Takes time but works in the end . Though for a shortcut that can keep the fun of playing on is using the editor in Conquest . Will take time but find the edit units area where you will see the names and stats of all the units . Find Spy and look for a line that says PRTO_Spy or something like that . Replace it with the one of an unit that you know to be fully functional . Let's say of the Worker and replace PRTO_Spy with PRTO_Worker . Now your spy really looks like a worker but at least your game will be working without that bug .

ı use webcafes for internet and ı might try taking screenshots , but it will be probably be Wednesday at the earliest . But there are lots of people in this forum that might be of help if you have problems .

If you have trust in somebody on this forums you can always give Team Viewer a try. I once helped a dude having issues with a Dawn of War mod.

taking a shortcut of sorts ı took screenshots before .

first we are to start the editor inside the Conquests folder . This might well differ according to the file structure of your computer . A blank scenario as in the upper part of the first picture . Scrolling down to Open will start the scenarios in the relevant folder ; a list we are to scroll down to see all . Maybe the scenario was put in a different folder ? The blue arrow at the lower part will give the option of going up ...

second picture shows ı have opened the Firaxis scenario and we are about to get into the units screen . When we click on , there should be a list of all units in the scenario , generally starting with Settler . Very top line Spy , filled with blue is where we will scroll down to see all the units . ı assume the scenario is ready to be used with a few trouble spots , so there should be units that work . Just copy and paste one PRTO_ line that works . That should clear the blockage . Save the scenario with a different name so that with a little bit of more experience , you will be able to correct the original .

to be able to do that must have taken 5 years for me , hence this is the way ı have liked to see posted on the forum .

Attachments

• editor 1.jpg
    editor 1.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 216
  • editor 2.jpg
    editor 2.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 278
you will find a lot of missing files here - but it really is worth the while... just write down the error, find a file in another Civ3 and copy paste... there are a lot of wav files... as long as it is named correctly it will work, just rename any wav file (that may lead to some odd sounds though)

This is a lot of work, but definitely with your while...

If somebody could upload a list of missing files I could try to make a patch of fix or something.

Top Bottom