Better BAT AI

Yeah....Miss LemonMerchant is back :)
Yup. I had to come back. Ashton Kutcher was threatening to take over BAT if I didn't. :lol:

thanks for the MOD. how do you remove the center window with the display of autolog.ini? thanks
Sorry, but I'm a little confused. Could you provide a screen shot?

Could I request some static leaderheads for the leaders? These animated ones are driving me nuts. Realism Invictus has them and that's the only thing I really really miss from that mod.
Hmm, couldn't you just merge one of the existing static leaderhead packs into BBATAI? I haven't tried it itself (actually, I'm currently rather enjoying to have a machine that can handle super-huge maps without choking on the leaderhead animations, as my old one did), but I'd expect them to be compatible?

Btw, to LemonMerchant: Thanks for the 50Civs dll - I downloaded it on release day and it's working well! :)

Well ... I'm not an expert by far, but here's what I'd try:

- Install BBATAI
- Find and install a mod that provides static leaderheads for the official civs
- Make a backup of the files in the BBATAI folder
- copy the folders found inside the static leaderheads mod into the BBATAI folder
- check if it works (if not, restore the backup)

I can't guarantee anything, but since BBATAI doesn't do any changes to the leaderheads (AFAIK), the chances that the two mods are independent enough for this procedure are high enough to give it a shot. Imho.

If it _doesn't_ work, check for files that are present in both mods, then check which changes they make to the original files, then copy these changes together in a single file.

BBATAI has the exact same leaderhead structure as BAT, which is just Vanilla BTS, unless you have the BXP Leaderhead pack loaded.

In BBATAI, move the Leaderhead folder in the Art folder somewhere else. The copy the static leaderheads from that mod as a folder (Leaderheads) to the Art folder in BBATAI.

That should do it.

I can't find them in RI. Is there another static leaderhead mod I could use for this? I seriously know nothing about modding...

I found CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml in RI, do I copy that?
No, don't copy that. You'll just wind up with a broken game. The leaderheads may all be in an FPK file, meaning you would have to unpack them. It's probably easier to just add a static leaderhead package. The graphics section has a couple of them in the modding forums, I believe.

There are also some tutorial threads in the modding forums about putting leaderheads into the game. If you want that feature, you're still going to have to do some merging and modding to make it work for you.

The combined mod is only in the zip and 7z files for now. I'm writing the installer, and finishing off a few things. When I'm done, I'll be moving this mod (Better BAT AI only not BAT) and all of the extras packs to a separate project on Sourceforge, so that we can minimize the confusion.

I'm confused :) Does the Better Bat AI installer have the Leaderhead pack and BXP MEE pack already installed.. It doesn't show Italy or Poland or those other's listed in extra mod packs section linked in your sig. I had downloaded them all originally and tried to install the leaderhead pack etc.. after I installed the Better bat ai installer and they all say they cannot find Bat Mod 3.0. Wasn't this installer suppose to be a standalone now from the Bat Mod 3.0?

I installed Bat Mod 3.0 then dragged all the Better Bat files over them and replaced them and then installed the packs on top of that but I really don't know if that's the way to do it? Only way I could get it done. Also is the 3.01 fix on page 4 included in the exe?

Also the BXP Poland 1.0.exe file appears to be corrupted. I've downloaded twice and get error when trying to run it and can't use 7z to unzip it without error.

I'm confused :) Does the Better Bat AI installer have the Leaderhead pack and BXP MEE pack already installed.. It doesn't show Italy or Poland or those other's listed in extra mod packs section linked in your sig. I had downloaded them all originally and tried to install the leaderhead pack etc.. after I installed the Better bat ai installer and they all say they cannot find Bat Mod 3.0. Wasn't this installer suppose to be a standalone now from the Bat Mod 3.0?

I installed Bat Mod 3.0 then dragged all the Better Bat files over them and replaced them and then installed the packs on top of that but I really don't know if that's the way to do it? Only way I could get it done. Also is the 3.01 fix on page 4 included in the exe?

Also the BXP Poland 1.0.exe file appears to be corrupted. I've downloaded twice and get error when trying to run it and can't use 7z to unzip it without error.
First, to clarify things:

1. The BAT Mod 3.0.1 and Better BAT AI are two distinct and separate mods. Their files are not interchangeable as the code is different.
2. The BXP and Leaderhead packs are meant to be used with BAT only, not Better BAT AI, which is why they won't install in Better BAT AI. The installer looks for BAT 3.0.X. It's made that way as the extra packs are only made for BAT.
3. I have not made the BXP packs compatible with Better BAT AI yet, though I plan to do so. However, it is a very low priority for me.
4. I have no plans to do any further development on Better BAT AI, except possibly to update the artwork when BAT 4 is released.
5. The 3.0.1 fix is in the .exe

The BAT Mod is, and always will be my primary focus. Better BAT AI was made as a gift for some very loyal and supportive BAT fans, and for other BAT players to enjoy (including myself). While I am fixing up a couple of glitches and mistakes for this mod, I just don't have time to keep up with two mods. As I said, when I release BAT 4.0, I may update this mod, or I may not. It depends on how my time is in r/l.

I'll check into the Poland mod unzipping problem and see if there is an issue. I have had a couple of uploads borked by SourceForge, so there might be a data error somewhere.

Thx for the quick reply. I'm hoping this will be my last mod stop:lol:. I'm enjoying it alot. I just started Civ4 recently and haven't finished a game yet in 3 weeks cause I keep trying out diff mods I find. Started with just Better AI, then I found Better BUG AI. Then wanted to try a 3 radius mod and found CCV which I really liked alot of the options but my turns came down to a crawl (like 2 to 5 minutes by 1000 a.d.) and I had crashes.

Didn't know if my computer would be able to handle this mod cause I read it was more graphics but I'm running it with hi res and so far it's been really stable. Better BUG was the most stable out of the mods I tried so I'm glad you merged that one with yours.

Wish it was easier to use mods to something like Oblivion style where each mod all merged into each other before started.

Can I ask a quick question about your mod.. The modules like MovieMod have a XML/Buildings/MM_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file that seems to overwrite the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml you have in the standard directory under XML/Buildings.

Do all modules work like that? They replace all the info in that file even if there is one in the same mod? So do I even need the one under XML/Buildings? Cause I've been making changes but they were never coming up right until I found that other file and changed that one.

Can I ask a quick question about your mod.. The modules like MovieMod have a XML/Buildings/MM_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file that seems to overwrite the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml you have in the standard directory under XML/Buildings.

Do all modules work like that? They replace all the info in that file even if there is one in the same mod? So do I even need the one under XML/Buildings? Cause I've been making changes but they were never coming up right until I found that other file and changed that one.
The items in the Modules folder normally add to the base game XML, but occasionally they will overwrite a tag or two in the base XML. That's why both files are needed. There are a couple of good tutorials in the modding forums on how XML actually works. They can explain things much better than I can. :)

For some reason, on OCC, it only allows 5 nationals instead of infinite. Weird.
That is weird. I never altered those tags in the XML, and I don't believe that Fuyu did either. I'll try to find some time to look into it.

Top Bottom