Civilopedia 5 online

I've put together an up-to-date online Civilopedia and is built using everything from the latest patch and DLCs. You can find it at http://www.dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/. It should be updated within a day or so of any patches and DLC releases as I have a little app that builds all of the pages for me and detects new data files. The only thing that requires any sort of work is extracting new images for new Civs, Units, and the like.

EDIT: I see he's already posted it up here!

Nebular, at the official 2K boards just linked us to this gem he's put together. Don't know if he's posted it here yet, but it's worth looking at since it's (i think) completely up to date.

Nebular's one should be linked in the Original Post by mods, or made a new sticky topic.

No changes were made to the Civilopedia with today's hotfix, but I've added the German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Polish versions for those who might like it in another language.

It looks like Russian should be available based on the languages in the DLC, but I can't seem to locate it in the list of available languages for the game which is a little weird as other games I have on Steam have Russian in their list (unless it isn't officially available yet).

That's how it should have been from the beginning.

:worship:

I've put together an up-to-date online Civilopedia and is built using everything from the latest patch and DLCs. You can find it at http://www.dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/. It should be updated within a day or so of any patches and DLC releases as I have a little app that builds all of the pages for me and detects new data files. The only thing that requires any sort of work is extracting new images for new Civs, Units, and the like.

Great! I read Civilopedia almost on daily basis, so this updated and much requested version will surely be usefull. Thanks a lot Nebular ! :goodjob:
Hopefully you'll keep it up to date with coming patch changes and future DLC's.

Great Job Nebular, it has rightfully earned a spot on my Firefox's Bookmark Bar :D

One nitpickery comment: Sometimes, some links are underscored, like Machinery and Mine and SS Cockpit, ...

And one other comment: Some info is missing, which is also missing in the ingame Civilopedia probably, but would be nice to add to your Civilopedia.

I can only think of one example on the top of my head but there are surely more.
Example: On the fountain of youth page, there's no mention of the fact that units can get the "Heal at double rate" promotion from going near it...

Great Job Nebular, it has rightfully earned a spot on my Firefox's Bookmark Bar :D

One nitpickery comment: Sometimes, some links are underscored, like Machinery and Mine and SS Cockpit, ...

And one other comment: Some info is missing, which is also missing in the ingame Civilopedia probably, but would be nice to add to your Civilopedia.

I can only think of one example on the top of my head but there are surely more.
Example: On the fountain of youth page, there's no mention of the fact that units can get the "Heal at double rate" promotion from going near it...

That's weird. I'm using Firefox as well and haven't see any links being underlined/underscored. Would you be able to post a screenshot of it if you see it happen again?

Unfortunately all of that extra little info like the Fountain of Youth's Unit Promotion isn't part of the standard Civilopedia information. In the files, it's a special XML tag that is only ever used once. It would take forever to comb through the files and find all of the special little exceptions like that for everything... and then that's hoping they never change how those are handled. :crazyeye:

Hi Nebular,

Please see attached screenshot of the Improvements page,
Notice how Mine and Quarry are underlined.

I also included my Firefox version in the screenshot.
This is taken at work and can't update Firefox here
I'm using Chrome at home and it doesn't show this underlined links.

Attachments

• Civpedia.PNG
    Civpedia.PNG
    384.2 KB · Views: 154
Top Bottom