You have founded Hinduism (song) - heard in another game

EduardoVS

Chieftain
Do any of you guys remember the religious sounds that play in Civilization IV when you found new religions or build their sacred structures? Each of the seven religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Taoism, Confucianism, Christianity and Islam) has its own. Let me tell you guys a little story.

Well, I've recently tried to play an 18-year-old Sim City-like game called Afterlife, where you have to properly administrate Heaven and Hell with all their buildings. Even in the easy mode it is quite difficult to play in my perspective, but I believe that everything will be cleared up with some training.

One interesting thing about this game is its soundtrack. I enjoyed it quite much. You hear to music and chants similar to Church masses, New Age melodies etc., very relaxing and peaceful.

But I found myself astonished when I heard to this same Hindu chant of Civ IV, as a background music of Afterlife playing several times repeatedly. Initially, I thought it was created just for Civ by some excellent musician such as Christopher Tin, but apparently it wasn't.

So I searched about these religious sounds of Civ IV, in the hope of finding the name or lyrics of this song. I learned that the sound for Judaism isn't just gibberish, it has actual lyrics: "Adon 'olam, 'asher malakh, b'terem kol yetzir niv'ra", they are part of a famous Jewish anthem called "Adon Olam". Unfortunately, I haven't found anything related to the Hindu sound.

I leave you with these two videos where you can listen to this mysterious Hindu chant, in Civilization IV and Afterlife, for comparison:
(starting from 2:08)

If any of you know the name of this song or other from the "OST Religions", please post here. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Top Bottom