The most satisfying moment in Civ4 is when...?

When you reach the modern era and have 1 turn before victory. Seeing the end turn button flashing red, then declaring war on everyone and dropping nukes everywhere on everyone just to be a d**k.

Beating my twin brother in MP.

When I've crushed my enemies, driven them before me, and heard the lamentation of their women. :dance:

I'm surprised that it took 23 posts for that one. One of my favorites.

Bribing Monty to declare war on half the world for you? (That 25k gold will be collecting dust in his bank until they are "re-appropriated" :) )

I enjoy accepting the AI's invitation to a war, letting them contribute most of the blood, then vassaling the enemy out from under my ally's nose.

When whatever techie rival civ starts pursuing Liberalism and I have so much research capacity to:

* get 1-2 pre-req techs for a good tech choice (maybe even bulbing something with spare GPs)
* get Liberalism 1-2 turns before and get a nice tech with it

Realizing I've mastered CivIV and know all there is to know! (ETA exceeds current lifespan estimate, but a guy can dream!)

The best moment, for me, is taking an opponent's last city after a long, drawn out war, and seeing my war weariness and cultural unhappiness suddenly disappear :)

Getting flight before 1000 AD.

Rolling an awesome start.

For me, the enjoyment of the game is all downhill from there but I still love it and am hopelessly addicted to it.

... and the most boring moment is when you're realizing you're gonna win yet another game of civ. The thought usually comes after the second or third great war (medieval or gunpowder) when you're bigger or have more flasks or hammers than the rival civ. After that it's mop-up duty for the remaining hours of the game but that can also be fun since the AI is unpredictable and that is what keeps me playing the game over and over.

Can't believe i've waited so long before signing up to this forum i've been reading since sisiutil wrote his first ALC six or seven years ago. I've played every civ since I bought CIV1 on my amiga in the mid-90's. BTS is the best of the best games in the world. Thanks again Sid! And thanks sisiutil!

When you are approaching your enemies final city before destroying their empire and pondering to yourself what you will do in the following turns with such a large military force. Then Cathy stabs you in the back with a DOW. "Big smile crosses your face". Now you know what you will do with your following turns, rolling your military over Cathy's lands taking her cities as a consequence of her impertinence.

Winning the circumnavigation race ( unless I discover in the process that Shaka has Mech Infantry, or Hyena Cape has rifles and a bigger continent. That tends to spoil my game).

Any time I build a wonder with a fountain, I'm happy.

Top Bottom