Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Doesn't make sense at all. Gold is a measure that is available from the beginning, it is a measure of wealth.

Trade goods for goods should start with Barter or at the latest Trade. This includes wealth or may be a bulk amount of wealth with perhaps the per turn one coming into effect when the side providing the per turn amount has currency.

As for diplomatic agreements all you need is Oral Tradition or perhaps something slightly more advanced.
... it is too late at night and I am still unwell maybe I can think a bit clearer tomorrow

I did not change the required Techs or Trading goods for goods. I only changed that both players need the required Tech for Embassy, Open Borders, Defensive Pact, Permanent Alliance, Right of Passage, Tech, Map and Gold trading. Why should those be possible if only one Player has the requied Tech?

Again, Nimby/Yimby buildings mod autobuilding expensive buildings, and high cost buildings adding to Maintenance. I am not sure the AI sees the costs those give as it should when set as Maintenance (or at all).

Cheers

Tried to go into the WB and poof CTD (1st Mini and savedgame BabPGSnail)

EDIT: Just started a New Game (see mini 2) and was lookin for autoplay so i hit ctrl (??) something and poof CTD, Just had initial city.

Again, Nimby/Yimby buildings mod autobuilding expensive buildings, and high cost buildings adding to Maintenance. I am not sure the AI sees the costs those give as it should when set as Maintenance (or at all).

Cheers

I tried a new game WITHOUT, N/Y IMBY and here is the results of a 400 turn game, 7 civs, 1 had 3 cities, 3 had 2 cities, and the rest 1??

400 turns depends on speed too, and smaller size map also means higher maintenances, as per the original, so 3 cities could be good. Tweaks are still probably necessary too, and the AI does build a lot of those costly buildings even if N/Y IMBY's are off.
Also difficulty you play on matters. Higher diff and AI gets less costs, and can expand faster than teh player, lower Diff and you should be ahead of the AI.

Did you play with AI expand number on high or low, 40 or 50, or the 20 I run with?

It's strange though how in my games the AI does manage to expand, matching and surpassing me rather easily. Deity and Eternal though, if that makes a difference, but even on my Epic/Large test the AI expanded. And all my tests have the high cost buildings enabled too, though not N/Y IMB. And that test was with even higher numbers in maintenances than we have set since.

How are they in science and military, is having few cities making them worse advesaries?

Cheers

400 turns depends on speed too, and smaller size map also means higher maintenances, as per the original, so 3 cities could be good. Tweaks are still probably necessary too, and the AI does build a lot of those costly buildings even if N/Y IMBY's are off.
Also difficulty you play on matters. Higher diff and AI gets less costs, and can expand faster than teh player, lower Diff and you should be ahead of the AI.

Did you play with AI expand number on high or low, 40 or 50, or the 20 I run with?

It's strange though how in my games the AI does manage to expand, matching and surpassing me rather easily. Deity and Eternal though, if that makes a difference, but even on my Epic/Large test the AI expanded. And all my tests have the high cost buildings enabled too, though not N/Y IMB. And that test was with even higher numbers in maintenances than we have set since.

How are they in science and military, is having few cities making them worse adversaries?

Cheers

Huge Map, 7 -9 civs, Planet Generator, always test on Marathon.

I dont like being ahead of the AI, i need to be behind almost all the time, gives more incentive, IMPO.

Most players will not play above "Noble." So thats what i always play.

My slider can not reach 100, it usually around 85-90. AI is still building ALOT of military units, BUT not really using them, just wasted units .

If you test on Noble you would be, should be, around or past the AI. All AI that manage to expand in my games are ahead or equal to me in Tech when I get around mid-ancient. it's not until late Pre/early Ancient that the Ai would have more than 3 cities anyway, and mid Ancient/early Classic where expansion to and past 10 cities should/will happen.
So 400 turns in Marathon brings you where in terms of Eras?

The AI Expand I am talking about is the one in GlobadDef, Gold Slider for AI expansion, not your slider. Though not being able to go 100% is good, or?

As for units, most should not cost upkeep in Tribal warfare Civic, but that might need checking into by the AI experts, as teh units built have nothing to do with my changes, but caould affect the AI's expansion if it costs them gold to maintain.

Cheers

OK if more pls move to other Handicap thread thx.

anyways:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 170, in getHelpHolyMountain1

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getTextKey'
ERR: Python function getHelpHolyMountain1 failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

Yeah, they're probably building too many units they don't need and not enough of what they do. There's still lots of work to be done on that front.

Yeah, they're probably building too many units they don't need and not enough of what they do. There's still lots of work to be done on that front.

Not true in my game! I have almost twice the units the AI does. The barbs have more units than the AI players.

JosEPh

Have you seen the unnecessary naval stockpile though? True, Barbs build to their unit needs much more effectively than players do. The players DON'T seem to build enough city defense and attack forces just lots of stuff they don't really need imo. Until later when they seem to kinda catch up to themselves.

EDIT: Just started a New Game (see mini 2) and was lookin for autoplay so i hit ctrl (??) something and poof CTD, Just had initial city.
post 24 above

EDIT EDIT: OK i moved BACK to the Original v35 and tried to open WB and it works perfect, without even a hesitation, so something that has been ADDED since version 35 is causing the WB to repeatable crash??????

@T-brd,
No unnecessary naval stockpile seen so far. The Barbs have more naval units than the AI. America I've seen 2 outriggers. Hittites and Celtics no navy at all.

And Shaka had Axe, Archer, Atlatls as defender when i took out his capitol city in 8000BC. Just like I had, except I had horse men too and he did not.

No the AI is not building unnecessary units in this game so that assumption can be laid to rest.

JosEPh

Both crashes happen in the exe, so it's a Art or Memory problem causings those crashes.

If you test on Noble you would be, should be, around or past the AI. All AI that manage to expand in my games are ahead or equal to me in Tech when I get around mid-ancient. it's not until late Pre/early Ancient that the Ai would have more than 3 cities anyway, and mid Ancient/early Classic where expansion to and past 10 cities should/will happen.
So 400 turns in Marathon brings you where in terms of Eras?

The AI Expand I am talking about is the one in GlobadDef, Gold Slider for AI expansion, not your slider. Though not being able to go 100% is good, or?

As for units, most should not cost upkeep in Tribal warfare Civic, but that might need checking into by the AI experts, as the units built have nothing to do with my changes, but could affect the AI's expansion if it costs them gold to maintain.

Cheers

I went back to the Original Maintenance stuff in all the gameinfo area, and they are close when 400 turns. Infact the BG changes made in Maintenance were actually better results in the AI expanding.
Again 7 civs, one has 3 cities, BUT only 2 had 2 cities and the rest 1 city.

world giant map

i added some civs so

now i m playing 42 civs giant earth map

but diplomacy tap there s only showing 36 civs

so i can't edit war or peace or master and so on...

is there any solution ? showing all civilizations ?

there s no any scroll

so i can't see them all.

Was testing and got a memory failure?? at 687 turns? Classical Era.

It's a crash inside the exe that is all i can tell. Why do you think it's a memory failure? it could also be a Art problem.

We had no dll changes since the release so your problems come from the recent Asset changes.

It's a crash inside the exe that is all i can tell. Why do you think it's a memory failure?

Because i has a big BLUE indicator across the middle of my PC say, "Memory Failure and some other words", thats why?:p

Top Bottom