Questions about The BUG Mod

I just extracted the files directly to mydocuments/mygames/beyond the sword. seems to be working

I just extracted the files directly to mydocuments/mygames/beyond the sword. seems to be working

Hah! That's the computer savvy way of doing what I wrote above. :p

Hah! That's the computer savvy way of doing what I wrote above. :p

LOL, if I were computer savvy I'd have made a backup copy of custom assets

As long as you haven't installed any other mods to CustomAssets, the directories were empty. But yes, backups make for happy computer users. :)

I am computer savvy, and step one of making BUG work with 3.17 was to compare 3.17 to 3.13 to see all the changes. So what did I do? Patched to 3.17 and then realized . . . uh, I don't have the 3.13 files anymore. :(

Uninstall, reinstall, patch to 3.13, backup, patch to 3.17. Yay for an hour wasted! :cool:

CivCorpse - If you run the installer it has an uninstall option that will remove the files that BUG installed for you.;)

EF - I wish you would have told me that last week so I could have teased you about it. To late now.

EF - I wish you would have told me that last week so I could have teased you about it. To late now.

Oh it's actually worse. After doing all that, I remembered that I have all of the 3.13 assets merged into a single directory in my Eclipse project for easy comparison to BUG files. So so sad.

I'm beginning to think building a human-sized microwave for use as a sauna was not such a hot idea. :crazyeye:

Oh it's actually worse. After doing all that, I remembered that I have all of the 3.13 assets merged into a single directory in my Eclipse project for easy comparison to BUG files. So so sad.

I'm beginning to think building a human-sized microwave for use as a sauna was not such a hot idea. :crazyeye:

Make sure you wear sunglasses...preferably with metal frames

Hi

I installed BUG 2.30 with the installer as a mod and got the same problems as Everest (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6855145&postcount=164), even de- and reinstallations didn't work.

After copying BUG Mod.ini from

F:\Eigene Dateien\My Games\Beyond the Sword\BUG Mod
to
F:\Eigene Dateien\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\BUG Mod

and overwriting the existing smaller one (without the mod entries!), changes took effect and were saved.
But there is still the problem with the hover popup on clicking exit.

Thanks in advance - great mod.

BUG 3.0 will be released shortly, and it will be putting all the files into the correct places this time. Heck, you guys deserve that much, I suppose. ;)

But what did you mean by "But there is still the problem with the hover popup on clicking exit."?

BUG 3.0 will be released shortly, and it will be putting all the files into the correct places this time. Heck, you guys deserve that much, I suppose. ;)
Yes we do. :D

But what did you mean by "But there is still the problem with the hover popup on clicking exit."?
Sorry, i meant the options screen

hoover popup.png

I meant the latest version in SVN and about to be released. 3.0. 2.30 may indeed have this problem. Is that what you meant?

If not, and you're using the latest from SVN, please let me know as I've missed something crucial.

Sorry, I meant 2.30.

Edit: I've seen some people reported the same problem in the BUG reporting thread and solved it the same way.

Says in the change log that Bug lets espionage spread total 5% culture in a city. How is this done in the xml?

What is changed under
<iCityInsertCultureAmountFactor>5</iCityInsertCultureAmountFactor>
or
<iCityInsertCultureCostFactor>300</iCityInsertCultureCostFactor>

Pardon CW? You mind letting me know where you got that Changelog? AFAIK it shouldn't make any changed to that key, or any changes to game play, so I'm just suprised to see that. If it's different then BTS, it'll have to be revert.

Pardon CW? You mind letting me know where you got that Changelog? AFAIK it shouldn't make any changed to that key, or any changes to game play, so I'm just suprised to see that. If it's different then BTS, it'll have to be revert.

The change log is from http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=245924 in the Bug Mod forum. It mentions the 5% change in the 11 line of 2nd paragraph in the spioler section.

The 5 & 300 figures are from the original BTS files.

I am trying to edit espionage to make culture spreading by espionage easier & need help.

Is there an installer for BAT as well and I'm just not seeing it? since BAT 1.0 is out now I'd like to install without messing stuff up...

Top Bottom