Things I learned about the science of warfare through Civilization IV

113) A civ's borders are clearly color coated

114) You can spend gold to turn a cavalry into a Gunship but in order to train a new gunship the people must make a universal vote on it.

Part of your sig almost literally had me ROFL!

"Want to make your people happy? Whip em till' its less crowded!:king:"

Then itself should be 115) in my opinion. Wow. Who would have thought of that? And the most hilarious part is the truth, thats how civ really is.:D

116) People are created by a special process in which all of a city's excess food is put in a matter converter and, when enough has been stored, thousands of people will instantly be born. Such technology was known to man by 4000 B.C.

I never had to ask my mom where babies come from, I learned from a computer game.

116) People are created by a special process in which all of a city's excess food is put in a matter converter and, when enough has been stored, thousands of people will instantly be born. Such technology was known to man by 4000 B.C.

I never had to ask my mom where babies come from, I learned from a computer game.

Nice.

117) All Native American Tribes we're unified under Sitting Bull

118) The greatest spies in the Pre-Industrial Period we're Ninjas :rolleyes:

119) Citizens are happier after their bretheren have been whipped. While they may remember your cruel oppression they will love the breathing room.

120) Citizens will not complain as much about over crowding if they have a coliseum in their city.

121) If the Globe Theatre is in your city all citizens will never complain again so you can do all the cruel things you ever wanted to them.

123) "Damage ships while in port? From the AIR? You're joking, right? Pearl Harbor? Never heard of it."

124) "Now you want to, what, destroy roads, bridges and rail lines with aircraft? Where do you get these crazy ideas? No, I do NOT want to read your 'History of the Normandy Invasion'!"

125) "Mt. Rushmore" has that name because it allows its owner to rush more civilizations due to reduced war weariness. Looking at Abe Lincolns face in stone makes it okay that your sons are dieing.

126) An archer can point his bow at another archer and grunt and the other archer will die.
127) Any soldier with a gun can point his gun at another guy with a gun and grunt, and the other guy will die.
128) A maceman can kill a rifleman by using his magical powers to make his mace as large as he wishes and toss it at the rifleman, but can only kill one enemy before getting shot and thrown back a hundred feet by a rifle.

129 - Since ancient times civs have had powerful cloning technology allowing them to train a huge mounted army from only four horses and/or one elephant.

130 - Said civs also had extremely effective stimulants to grow animals to several times their normal size before sending them into battle.

131 - Soldiers trained in launching surprise attacks can fight better against tanks, but not mech infantry (which are basically just modified tanks).

132 - Foot armies consist of a single soldier.

132 - This single soldier is as big as a city. Mechas, 4000 BC!

133 - Mounted and vehicle armies consist of a single animal or vehicle. Neither is much bigger than your typical 1-man foot army. This is part of why spearmen are so powerful.

134. You can increase the size of your armies just by turning on the higher graphics settings ;). To three people.

135. Troops and Scouting parties are always able to communicate reliably with your capital city no matter where in the world they are located.

Not all warfare related, but...

136: Knowledge can be transmitted telepathically, and instantaneously.
For instance a motherland can start training new military units to defend her colonies from barbarians before the barbarians have reached the colony, never mind before the colony has sent ships asking for help

137: It is impossible to fly over either of the poles.

138: People can survive in deserts, with no water, indefinitely.

139: Swiss military units trained in Geneva receive training from the Red Cross.

140: The oldest university in England was only built after 6 universities had already been built in England.

141) The leaders of Civilizations could tell their scientists what to study even if they had no prior knowledge

EX: "Mr. Locke in the name of the King bring me the knowledge of Liberalism!"

#142. A vagina is needed to become a spy.

#142. A vagina is needed to become a spy.

There is no need for such language :(

144) If you are a ship at port when Open Borders are cancelled then you are likely to be thrown into the middle of the Ocean.

(I read this in the Funny Screenshots thread)

There is no need for such language :(

Half the people on earth have one. It's a medical term. If it were vulgar it would not be allowed by the censor bot. I cant tell you what my wife calls female dogs, because if I did it would just say . .. .. .. .. .

You should have seen the look on my exclusively-female-dog-owning aunt's face when my wife asked if . .. .. .. .. .es make better pets!

145)Even when the odds are 1000 to one in your favor, expect to get beaten half to death before you win a battle.

146) a forge is not a good place to take refuge during a hurricane (especially if you're building a wonder)

147) monastery used to be a good place to take refuge during a hurricane, but since the discovery of scientific method, monastery always get destroyed

148) a guy with a piece of wood and a loincloth can be the only millitary presence in a city when all the ennemy have tanks, and the people in that city would still not fear for their safety (a good exemple of that is canada)

148) a guy with a piece of wood and a loincloth can be the only millitary presence in a city when all the ennemy have tanks, and the people in that city would still not fear for their safety (a good exemple of that is canada)

That's not true they have the mounties! :lol:

149) Chukonu's when trained relentlessly under a Drill Sergeant can shoot someone 8 times before they move and still shoot every other person in the opposing army before being brought down by a macemen.

Top Bottom