Nexus Buddy 2

Nexus Buddy 2 - Granny Editor for Civ 5 2.5.3

The .psb files are the particle effects I think. hugojackson18 said they were created using Fork Particle Studio. Might have a go at working out how to mod in additional effects via XML myself at some point.

Has anyone recently had a go with figuring out how to edit particle effects? Fork Particle Studio has a particle effects editor for mobile, but unfortunately I had no success importing the .psb files into it (although it does make an association with CiV's .psb files). I am certain it's a limited product from their actual editor and engine, but I was being hopeful it might at least allow me to view the effects if not edit them... :(

Sorry Nomad have not done anything with particle effects.

I was using the latest version of NexusBudy and noticed you can't change the sref anymore. It allows you to change it but the next time you look at it it has reverted back to blacksref_sref.dds. Is it possible to get this changed only do this if you leave sref unspecified? Thanks :)

I was using the latest version of NexusBudy and noticed you can't change the sref anymore. It allows you to change it but the next time you look at it it has reverted back to blacksref_sref.dds. Is it possible to get this changed only do this if you leave sref unspecified? Thanks :)

Thanks Wolfdog - I wasn't aware that I'd broken this. I've fixed the bug locally and I'll release a 2.3.3 version very soon.

Thanks Wolfdog - I wasn't aware that I'd broken this. I've fixed the bug locally and I'll release a 2.3.3 version very soon.

Hehe, good thing that the only units I have made using this version thus far had that file as the sref.... :lol:

Finally Nexus Buddy opened!
Now the problem is that it crashes when I try to open a model.

Finally Nexus Buddy opened!
Now the problem is that it crashes when I try to open a model.

Which model are you trying to open? There are a handful of models that can't be opened in Nexus Buddy 2 and cause it to crash. Some examples are marine.gr2, ww1_infantry.gr2, ww2_infantry.gr2.

Which model are you trying to open? There are a handful of models that can't be opened in Nexus Buddy 2 and cause it to crash. Some examples are marine.gr2, ww1_infantry.gr2, ww2_infantry.gr2.

I'm trying to open Pacal. The crashes also happen if I use Granny without Nexus Buddy.

I'm trying to open Pacal. The crashes also happen if I use Granny without Nexus Buddy.

You always need to save the vanilla models before you can view them in Granny Viewer. This effectively 'cracks' them so they can be viewed. Just tested and if I open maya_pacal.gr2 in Nexus Buddy 2 and then save it, then I can view it OK.

I tried to resave, but Nexus Buddy also displays an error. Also, does Nexus Buddy have any problems with Caesar, Kamehameha and Impi?

New version released:

Latest Changelog: 2.3.3 - 23rd April 2016

* Bugfix: The SREFMap is no longer overwritten with blacksref_sref.dds. The defaulting is now properly implemented without unwanted side effects!

* Bugfix: The options in the Axis dropdown for inserting a rotation bone are now properly labelled.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=24934

I tried to resave, but Nexus Buddy also displays an error. Also, does Nexus Buddy have any problems with Caesar, Kamehameha and Impi?

I don't have a problem with any of those models. What error do you get? We really need more information if we're going to help!

I don't have a problem with any of those models. What error do you get? We really need more information if we're going to help!

The error says: granny file does not contain any animations or meshes (NOTE:I didn't resave camera assets)
It also says
Spoiler :
System.Exception: granny file does not contain any animations or meshes
in Firaxis.Framework.Granny.GrannyFileLoader.LoadGrannyFile(String szFilename, Stream kStream)
in Firaxis.Framework.Granny.GrannyFileLoader.LoadGrannyFile(String file)
in NexusBuddy.NexusBuddyApplicationForm.openFileAsTempFileCopy(String openFilename, String prefix) in C:\Civ5Mod\IndieStoneDev\NexusBuddy\NexusBuddy\NexusBuddyApplicationForm.cs:linha 824
in NexusBuddy.NexusBuddyApplicationForm.openFileAction(String openFilename) in C:\Civ5Mod\IndieStoneDev\NexusBuddy\NexusBuddy\NexusBuddyApplicationForm.cs:linha 749
in NexusBuddy.NexusBuddyApplicationForm.resaveAllFilesInDir() in C:\Civ5Mod\IndieStoneDev\NexusBuddy\NexusBuddy\NexusBuddyApplicationForm.cs:linha 1309
in NexusBuddy.NexusBuddyApplicationForm.resaveAllFilesInDirButtonClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Civ5Mod\IndieStoneDev\NexusBuddy\NexusBuddy\NexusBuddyApplicationForm.cs:linha 1286
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The error says: granny file does not contain any animations or meshes (NOTE:I didn't resave camera assets)
It also says:
System.Exception: granny file does not contain any animations or meshes
in Firaxis.Framework.Granny.GrannyFileLoader.LoadGrannyFile(String szFilename,

As the error indicates the .gr2 file you are attempting to open doesn't have any meshes or animations in it. Only models that do contain meshes or animations can be resaved and viewed with Nexus Buddy/GrannyViewer. Try opening maya_pacal.gr2 as I said. What is the exact filename of the file you are attempting to open?

As the error indicates the .gr2 file you are attempting to open doesn't have any meshes or animations in it. Only models that do contain meshes or animations can be resaved and viewed with Nexus Buddy/GrannyViewer. Try opening maya_pacal.gr2 as I said. What is the exact filename of the file you are attempting to open?

Got it! How do I open NB2 on blender? The option to do so on "Import" section does not appear

Got it! How do I open NB2 on blender? The option to do so on "Import" section does not appear

Depending on the version of Blender you are running you'll either need to installed the scripts for Blender 2.49 from here or Blender 2.7+ from here.

For the Blender 2.49 version you just drop the scripts into the scripts folder e.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts

For the Blender 2.7+ version they go in addons and you have the additional step of having to activate the addon in User Preferences:
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons

Depending on the version of Blender you are running you'll either need to installed the scripts for Blender 2.49 from here or Blender 2.7+ from here.

For the Blender 2.49 version you just drop the scripts into the scripts folder e.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts

For the Blender 2.7+ version they go in addons and you have the additional step of having to activate the addon in User Preferences:
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons

Do you have something like this for Blender 2.76?:banana:

Do you have something like this for Blender 2.76?:banana:

Sorry if it wasn't clear from my previous post but the 2.7+ version works with all Blender versions from 2.7 onwards including 2.76.

Sorry if it wasn't clear from my previous post but the 2.7+ version works with all Blender versions from 2.7 onwards including 2.76.

Got it!:crazyeye:
Do I need to extract the folder from the zip file or just the archives inside it?
I'm really excited, because I wanted to start with a good impression on Steam Workshop, so I'm making a 3D Leaderhead:bump:

Got it!:crazyeye:
Do I need to extract the folder from the zip file or just the archives inside it?
I'm really excited, because I wanted to start with a good impression on Steam Workshop, so I'm making a 3D Leaderhead:bump:

Only the files inside are important not the folder structure (provided you put the files inside the addons folder). You will then need to activate the addons in User Preferences.

Only the files inside are important not the folder structure (provided you put the files inside the addons folder). You will then need to activate the addons in User Preferences.
Ok! I finally finished the model in blender and converted into gr2.
I tried to create a LeaderObject file, also based in Pacal and a Leader Scene, but when I test it, I only see a Gray screen. Can you help me?
NOTE:I activated the options "Reload Unit System" and "Reload Landmark System".

Top Bottom