[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

It appears that there's a problem on the version of my map that I sent to the YnAEMP team: there is an extra City State called Antwerp that shouldn't be present. I've no idea where it came from, as I don't recall adding it... Even more worrying is that it has the Team Number of 22, which is usually reserved for Barbarians. Anyway, hopefully it will work to just delete the CS from the map with the Scenario Editor.

I'm pretty sure player 22 is always a CS, if it exist that is and you don't play with a custom DLL increasing the number of major civs.

Iirc, IDs 0-21 are reserved for major civs, IDs 22-62 reserved for City-States and ID 63 for barbarians..

I'm pretty sure player 22 is always a CS, if it exist that is and you don't play with a custom DLL increasing the number of major civs.

Iirc, IDs 0-21 are reserved for major civs, IDs 22-62 reserved for City-States and ID 63 for barbarians..
Did they change this in some recent patch? Because I found about a dozen threads that talk about this issue, and all of them said that team #22 is reserved for barbarians. All of those threads were a few years old though, so it's possible that they've changed this (it doesn't make a lot of sense to use a team number from the 'middle of things', after all).

EDIT: After some more digging, I found one thread from 2015 that mentioned team #63 for Barbarians. It was in conjunction with a mod named Barbarian Lands though (which, as far as I understood it, was meant to make the barbs actually work as an opposing civ), so I'm not sure if it's relevant to my issue. Anyway, I will soon test whether the 'extra' City State spawns again after I've deleted it... Hopefully not, since it would mean yet another hurdle amid all these Steam-related frustrations. -.-

If you didn't work on adding my map yet, here is the absolute final version of it (I added some more food around the starting places and deleted the extra City State). I must resist playing on my map myself to refrain from sending constant updates... :blush:

Attachments

• ZipWorld v.1.3 (62 x 98) by Greizer85 for YnAEMP.Civ5Map.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 107
Feel free to continue to work on it. You may not have noticed, but I'm pretty busy with other modding things atm, so it takes time for me to cycle back to something I've recently updated.

Feel free to continue to work on it. You may not have noticed, but I'm pretty busy with other modding things atm, so it takes time for me to cycle back to something I've recently updated.
Ok, thanks for letting me know. There's really not a lot to add though -- without totally redoing the resources on the whole map, which I'm extremely reluctant to do. And if I would update the map, I'd also have to put the new version on Steam, which I've had enough of for a decent while. So it is likely that this is indeed the last version of the map, as Civ VI is rumored to be in the works and that further lowers my motivation for future updates. Never say never though... If I do end up making a new version, I'll post it in this thread. :)

Apparently, the current version of my map has 45 Coal in Northern China. -.- It's easy to find, so you may correct this yourself; but as I'll have to do it for Steam, I'll be making yet another version of the map (with other fixes as well). Sorry for spamming the thread... Maybe I'll just pm JFD from now on.

Actually we'll be removing all the pre-placed resources, dividing the map into "regions" and have resources excluded from certain regions where they aren't appropriate. Unless I'm mistaken, and you've done this already.

Edit:

Hello, recently i download YNAEMP and vanilla civs can't be selected when playing only TSL, only Works for me with modded civs...
Mod list and logs please :).. and have you cleared your cache?

Actually we'll be removing all the pre-placed resources, dividing the map into "regions" and have resources excluded from certain regions where they aren't appropriate. Unless I'm mistaken, and you've done this already.
Oh... I wasn't aware of this. Not sure how I'd feel about it if I wasn't absolutely terrible in creating a resource balance. No problem then I guess. You can't fail to do a better job than me tbh... I've played relatively few full games in Civ V, because I found it lacking compared to Civ IV, so I'm really not good in judging the right amount of resources. Glad you're taking that burden off my shoulders!
:thanx:

... You'll still be placing the new resources by hand, though? Not by some automatic algorithm? Because while I took some liberties where game balance required it (or I just got too lazy), for the most part I tried to place the resources where they'd be located irl. So e.g. the Atacama desert has Salt in it, Eastern Congo has Gems, and so on. It's still no big deal if you don't do this, as I rate game balance way above realism, but I guess some map makers might not be happy about such an approach.

Okay so, I simply couldn't wait any longer and was going to manually update some modded civs with some TSL coordinates for huge earth v24 right? Imagine my surprise when all but three actually already spawn in the right location despite not being updated in quite some time!

So I'm using modbuddy for the first time, trying to find out why that is and see if I can add the three I'm missing to it, but.. I can't find anything about those civs in any of ynaemp files.

I'm sorry for being a total noob, but could someone please educate me a little?

EDIT:
Civs that don't work:
CL Afghanistan
Sibir
Chile

Civs that do:
Confederacy
California Republic
Blackfoot
Vietnam
Meiji
Mao Zedong
Kimberley
Caral
Australia John Curtin
Nigeria
Boers
Oman
Ottoman Mehmed V
Lenin
France Louis XIV
Empire of Great Britain
Germany Wilhelm II

What about known reserves of huge resources? Like the Ruhr and coal or whatever

EDIT:
Civs that don't work:
CL Afghanistan
Sibir
Chile

Sibir: does not have TSL compatiblity
Chile: requires a Compatibility mod, I beleive it's linked in the first post of this thread it'd be "Patria Grande"
Afghanistan: Is your Afghanistan the latest version (I Beleive that's v4) if it is I don't know it's issue

Sibir: does not have TSL compatiblity
Chile: requires a Compatibility mod, I beleive it's linked in the first post of this thread it'd be "Patria Grande"
Afghanistan: Is your Afghanistan the latest version (I Beleive that's v4) if it is I don't know it's issue

Afghanistan is v4. And I thought that those compatibility mods were for v22/23 of ynaemp?

The reason I'm sort of confused is, many of the civs that ARE working are just like Afghanistan, in that they should only support ynaemp v23 or not ynaemp at all, yet they are and I'm wondering why so that I can learn how to make Chile, Afghanistan and Sibir show up.

Afghanistan is v4. And I thought that those compatibility mods were for v22/23 of ynaemp?

The reason I'm sort of confused is, many of the civs that ARE working are just like Afghanistan, in that they should only support ynaemp v23 or not ynaemp at all, yet they are and I'm wondering why so that I can learn how to make Chile, Afghanistan and Sibir show up.

V24 support just means that they support the new maps; Huge Earth's been in since v22 at least.

I believe there's also a Sibir patch, that can be found in The Forgotten's steam collection.

Post logs on the CL thread about Afghanistan - their support should work.

You do YnAEMP support by adding co-ordinates to a table - I believe Huge Earth's file is called "CivilizationStartPos.xml" or something similar.

V24 support just means that they support the new maps; Huge Earth's been in since v22 at least.

I believe there's also a Sibir patch, that can be found in The Forgotten's steam collection.

You do YnAEMP support by adding co-ordinates to a table - I believe Huge Earth's file is called "CivilizationStartPos.xml" or something similar.

Oh, so there weren't any changes or updates to current maps, just new ones? Well shoot! I was waiting for nothing :p I'll look into both those things tonight. Thank you for the assistance!

Oh, so there weren't any changes or updates to current maps, just new ones? Well shoot! I was waiting for nothing :p I'll look into both those things tonight. Thank you for the assistance!

I believe there may have been small modifications to the Huge map - don't know what they are, though. Anyone confirm?

The patches did the trick for Sibir and Chile still. But problems persist with Afghanistan.

I looked into the mod files, and I found this:

Spoiler :
--==========================================================================================================================
-- GEDEMON's YNAEMP (+JFD's v23)
--==========================================================================================================================
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_AsiaStartPosition(TYPE, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_AsiaStartPosition
(TYPE, X, Y)
VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_CL_AFGHANISTAN', 16, 49);

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_PacificStartPosition(TYPE, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_PaciicStartPosition
(TYPE, X, Y)
VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_CL_AFGHANISTAN', 3, 55);

I thought the lack of a Civilizations_YagemStartPosition might've been the culprit, so I added one of my own in beneath those two.

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_YagemStartPosition(TYPE, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
(TYPE, X, Y)
VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_CL_AFGHANISTAN', 55, 54);

This didn't fix it however. Any suggestions?

The patches did the trick for Sibir and Chile still. But problems persist with Afghanistan.

I looked into the mod files, and I found this:

Spoiler :
-- GEDEMON's YNAEMP (+JFD's v23)
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_AsiaStartPosition(TYPE, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_AsiaStartPosition
(TYPE, X, Y)
VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_CL_AFGHANISTAN', 16, 49);

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_PacificStartPosition(TYPE, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_PaciicStartPosition
(TYPE, X, Y)
VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_CL_AFGHANISTAN', 3, 55);

I thought the lack of a Civilizations_YagemStartPosition might've been the culprit, so I added one of my own in beneath those two.

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_YagemStartPosition(TYPE, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
(TYPE, X, Y)
VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_CL_AFGHANISTAN', 55, 54);

This didn't fix it however. Any suggestions?

Yagem is for the Giant Earth (it stands for Yet Another Giant Earth Map). You'll want Yahem to add Huge Earth.

Yagem is for the Giant Earth (it stands for Yet Another Giant Earth Map). You'll want Yahem to add Huge Earth.

Ack, I've meant Giant. But that addition didn't make it work on the giant map either.

They don't even show up unless I have Random and TSL chosen in Civ Placement.

Top Bottom