Tomatekh's Historical Religion Mods

Here it is. I may have fixed it though, I did several seemingly redundant things and Japan founded Shinto like they were supposed to. I'm just waiting for the Ottomans to found a religion. Is it possible to add another line without breaking things? I wanted Poland to also have Romuva as a fallback option.

Attachments

• HistoricalReligionsMasterPreference.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 190
Here it is. I may have fixed it though, I did several seemingly redundant things and Japan founded Shinto like they were supposed to. I'm just waiting for the Ottomans to found a religion. Is it possible to add another line without breaking things? I wanted Poland to also have Romuva as a fallback option.

It looks correct for Japan, so if you fixed it, I'm happy :p

Yeah, if you follow the same pattern you should be able to add as many religions you want in whatever order you want.

Thank you for all of your help. My last question (because I must feed my OCD) was if the setup would be the same for modded civs or if there was something extra because I remember the Alt file had a trigger component for your civs.

It won't work for most modded civs because those civs either directly reference HR (or a mod that references HR) or they have internal HR support with an SQL trigger. Load order would leave it up to chance even if it was set up correctly. Basically it would require everyone updating their mods and can't be done on your end.

I meant altering their HR setting.

Have you considered adding in a Siberian Shamanism style belief, for people such as the Nenets or Evenks? The closest to it currently is Noaidevuohta, which is definitely Sami-centred.

Siberian Shamanism is already in one of the mods (most likely complete, maybe also the regular version - I've been really lazy keeping the regular version updated :p ).

Oh man, so there is! Thanks! I feel incredibly foolish now :p
I guess I just saw it was the Ainu belief and never put two and two together...

Please forgive the newb question. I very much appreciate having more religion names and icons in the game, as well as better matches for the shipping civs.

Does this mod change the game mechanics at all?

Hopefully I don't make a fool of myself again (I could go for a streak here), but is there any religion which would work well for Papuan civilizations? If not, perhaps Malagan could work?

Hopefully I don't make a fool of myself again (I could go for a streak here), but is there any religion which would work well for Papuan civilizations? If not, perhaps Malagan could work?

Technically, there is no indigenous Papuan religion in the mod yet. The closest would be indigenous Philippine which has a lot of structurally similarities in terms of its combination of animism and ancestor worship. If you can find something that I could easily work into a symbol I can probably eventually add Papuan religion in.

Technically, there is no indigenous Papuan religion in the mod yet. The closest would be indigenous Philippine which has a lot of structurally similarities in terms of its combination of animism and ancestor worship. If you can find something that I could easily work into a symbol I can probably eventually add Papuan religion in.

Alright, sweet!

Perhaps this image on the lower left could work? I believe they all depict Papuan totems, but I doubt the Bisj poles would look very good in game:
Spoiler :

@Tomatekh, for the hopefully by the end of the month update, would you be willing to add one for us skeptics?
The name should be “Pastafarianism”.

Spoiler large FSM alternative :

Official site and main Wikipedia article.

Ummm...I think you're looking for Ryoga's "Strange Religions" mod on Steam. Tomatekh's mod is for non-parody religions that cultures historically preferred.

Ummm...I think you're looking for Ryoga's "Strange Religions" mod on Steam.
Thanks for that! But I came to this mod from a shared map. It seems like it could spare at least one spot. Religions from fiction, which seem to be most of what is in the above mod, are different that one of the few modern religious movements where people have successfully campaigned to get dog tags, driver licenses, marriage certificates, etc.
Tomatekh's mod is for non-parody religions that cultures historically preferred.
I think that bright line was crossed with the inclusion of Scientology! It seems pretty evident that in 50 years FSMism will be in a place comparable to where Mormonism and Scientology were 50 years after they started. What is the rational for including a religion invented in the last 50 years but not one in the last 5?

Top Bottom