Requested Mods

A tactical scenario set up specifically to test changes to unit priorities etc. would be nice.

On that note, can someone explain to me the contents of CIV5TacticalMoves.xml ?

What does OperationsCanRecruit, DominanceZoneMove and OffenseFlavorWeight/DefenseFlavorWeight mean?

It would be good for folks to know what mods people are interested in.

I personally would be interested in a mod similar to how a Civ2 mod copied the game of Master of Magic. Done well, a Master of Magic mod based on Civ5 would likely see me spending many hours playing the mod.

A mod that tries to replicate the experience from Call to Power 2!
Many more civs to choose from mod.
Many more resources to choose from mod.
Many more techs (with lower requirements for each) to choose from mod.

Fall From Heaven, and I'm willing to help code on it.

Fall From Heaven, and I'm willing to help code on it.

this x 10000000000000000000000000000

ok i cant code but i can test :)

I think it would help to return all the old tile improvements back (windmills, watermills, workshops), and take them outta the cities and allow your workers to make them on tiles again. Microing workers will give us more stuff to do, which is my main complaint with the streamlining.

I'm not saying I'm against all their chages, but it seems clear that one result of them is that there is simply less to do during a given turn.

Just lots more stuff.

More techs
More units
More resources
More civs (I'd really like to see coast salish)

And the ability to purchase whatever it is you're currently working on, at a proportionally reduced price.

I'd like to see policy tension. If I have liberty and someone else has autocracy it would be nice to have them dislike me, even if just a few "points". I have no clue how the new diplo. system works since I can't see the numbers like in Civ 4. Haven't made it around to look through the xml stuff yet. Same goes for the other policies that you can't hold at the same time (rational v piety, freedom v autocracy). I have an idea for how it could work but no programming skills so.

Trade routes. Anyone that has built a road to another city of theirs and felt underwhelmed at getting the gold you just put into the road back and thats it will know what I am talking about. Increase the yield and make it based off more than just pop. I hardly ever want to build a road unless the city has like 4-5 food resources around anymore.

Road Maint. is something else that could use a looking at. Just tuning down road maint. could solve the trade route issue. I suggest .5 a road. (I'll be making this one as soon as the modding tools come out and I figure out how to use them)

Can I put a vote in for FFH3 and RoM? Might as well while we are here.

This isn't a real request since it's so early, but does anyone know if it's possible to create more unique unit/cultural art? If so, was there anyone who already had plans to make such a mod? Just wondering.

How about a simple mod that increases production speed and allows the player(not the AI) to raze capitals and city states.

I can't wait to see the new Rise of Mankind and REVDCM variations. Looking forward to your good ideas! I would also love to see some CIV IV ideas worked back in. I hope the best modders can cooperate and form a collective team working on improving Civ V.

Here's an idea. Maybe Modders can categorize and team up on similar mods. Mods seem to be organized around REALISM, Improved Gameplay/AI, THE FUTURE/SCIFI, THE STONE AGE, FANTASY, and OTHER PLANETS/SPACE ; why not band together around these concepts and work together to create core mods which can be easily adapted to one's own personal tastes. All these mod categories could work off a core mod like REVDCM which incorporates the majority of the collective best new ideas.

I wish someone would tackle a remake of the Jules Verne scenario from Civ 2 Fantastic Worlds.

There are 3 things I'd most like to see modded in (& which I fear might be beyond my own abilities).

1) Make City-State influence less gold oriented, & much more *mission* oriented &, therefore, significantly increase the number & variety of missions you can perform to please them.

2) Create new City-State types-Mercantile, Scientific, Industrious & Holy (a la the Holy City-States Mod). Change Maritime to Agricultural & add a Maritime type of City-State which grants naval units to its allies.

3) Bring back the ability for culture to "infect" already owned tiles (& cities) & allow for players/AI to purchase already owned tiles from other Civs.

Not sure if all of these are do-able, but would be great to have them in my games ;)!

Aussie.

I've been thinking, you could probably use the city-states to greatly improve the revolution mod that was so popular for Civ IV. Cities could keep their own little happiness meters and when they got too low they rebel. They can form little countries like city-states (but with more than one city, if possible). That to me makes more sense than having them spawn into an entirely new civilization, plus they wouldn't be trying to win the game, so they wouldn't be a threat to you later on. They would be like little banana republics!

Top Bottom