What luxury did u have today?

It smelled a bit off in the living room, so I lit some INCENSE, but the First Conference of Trevor embargo'd INCENSE so I didn't get any happiness from the (bad) smell.

When I woke up I put on shirts made of SILK and COTTON that had been coloured with DYES.

I had some WINE with my lunch earlier, and it went nice with the TRUFFLES and SUGAR in my tea.

Other people saw me and were all like, "Man, I wish I could have that guy's culture!" and they started switching over to my table!

Why is coffee not a luxury good in Civ? It makes no sense. I believe the fall patch should include it. Though I guess it might complicate Austria's Unique Building (Coffee House).

We're missing whales, pearls, fur, crab, and marble I think. Lets get them all! Who went whaling today?

I don't think it necessarily needs to be the hunting of whales. Nowadays it's much more common as an entertainment/luxury, at least in my part of the world, to go whale watching.
You know what's nice? Being able to go into the wilderness and enjoy many of the luxuries of my civilization. Spices, Salt, Truffles (or just good mushrooms), to name a few. Coffee, Tea and Chocolate really should be luxuries too.
Luxuries are really so common in my culture today, all you have to do is look around and think about how many of the normal things we consume and enjoy come from around the world to bring us happiness.

I went to Sea World before so ... yeah ... Whales.

New map luxes I'd like to see:
Tobacco
Coffee
Chocolate
Olives
Mint
Mango (mangoes are consumed worldwide by a factor of three to one over bananas and ten to one over apples according to some sources)
Tomato
Tea

New CS or civ luxes I'd like to see:
Bricks
Stained Glass
Grand Pianos
Watches

Being in Bergen, Norway, atm, I could go down to the fish market and get both whale and fur (they have deer hide there for some reason).

Wow totally forgot sea world and yes seeing whales count as long as u felt happy.

Now we just need pearls and marble!

We're missing whales, pearls, fur, crab, and marble I think. Lets get them all! Who went whaling today?

My counter tops are marble, and I caught and ate 3 dungeness crabs while fishing.. I also saw 2 Orca whales and a humpback pod while heading to my fishing spot, and I has a fur hat I wear in the winter. Pearls? wtf, my wife doesn't even like them. But there is the "other" type of pearl necklace.....

Why exactly is coffee not a luxury in civ?

I have no idea. Also, tobacco and tea leaves should be in.

I've only used porcelain this morning, of Civ V luxuries. And wearing dye and cotton. And posting on this forum using copper wire.

Wow totally forgot sea world and yes seeing whales count as long as u felt happy.

Now we just need pearls and marble!

I live in DC, which has done its best to exploit the wonder-building bonus you get from access to Marble.

I think it's ironic that this game considers salt and sugar luxury items. They are both essential for life.

Salt, yeah. But salt mines had value. Same with sugar plantations, which generated lots of money in the Conquest of the New World era. Which is why they are in the game as luxuries.

But again, that begs the question as to why coffee is not in the game (and why Indonesian clover, pepper and other spices are not included in the luxury "Spices," as they are distinct luxuries).

Oil is apparently a strategic resource. Fill your gas tank and it's so strategic eh?

I think it's ironic that this game considers salt and sugar luxury items. They are both essential for life.

Both were considered luxuries in the past. Romans were sometimes even paid in salt, it was that rare and valuable.

Both were considered luxuries in the past. Romans were sometimes even paid in salt, it was that rare and valuable.

Salt in Korean is "Little Gold".

Top Bottom