No text in menu

Chikon

Chieftain
Hi
i instaled civ 4
i start it and it worked...i start warlords and it worked
but i started beyond the sword and there are no text in menus anywhere so i cant play it.there are buttons but no text in it.please help

i have vista 64,i read 20+ forums about it spent 3 hours to try find solution but nothing usefull found.only thing i found is that i am not alone ...

i tryed trick with add fonts what i found in civ4 to windows fonts but all was already there and even after i overwrite it, it doesnt work

i tryed find inifile to change guimanagedtextures to 1 but there is none ini file ! where i can found it?

The ini file is located in your Documents folder (My Documents or whatever Vista calls the Documents folder - I never used Vista) in the subfolder Civilization IV Beyond The Sword. It will be called CivilizationIV.ini.

I am not familiar with this particular no text problem, so I have no suggestions about that.

Are you trying to play a Mod?

- Many Mods now require BtS to be patched to 3.19

- Several Mods are only supported in Engligh

The "No Text" problem might be a Python user interface problem. To have a confirmation of it, it would be good to try and play the game with Python Exceptions enabled.

Locate the CivilizationIV.ini file (as per s.bernbaum's post) and change the value of the following line to 0:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

The 0 setup will bring popups ingame if there are Python problems that prevent the interface to show properly.

Top Bottom