What luxury did u have today?

GKShaman

Prince
I was eating dinner today and I added some SALT to my rice and I was like I went up four happiness.

What luxury have u experienced lately?

Well, unless we all wear starch white clothing or run around naked, I assume that we all used dyes(and maybe cotton) today.

Hmmm.
Spices, salt, sugar, dyes, cotton, silk, copper, gold (all motherboards contain a bit of gold), maybe a few others than I'm not recalling.

Happiness is not an issue for this civ, by CiV standards. The cake is a lie.

Now that you mention this, why arent fine smoking herbs a resource in the game? I know that the studio doesnt have an aversion to including "drug references" in their games because in colonization you can get tobacco and make cigars with them! Seriously who else can think of a more "inherent" luxury which comes solely from the earth and many people around the world enjoy? Ill leave it up to you to decide which kind of fine herbs im refeering to. Give my civilization smokes sid meiers!!

I drank a wheat beer. Thats like turning water into wine. And wheres the bacon in Civ?

Now that you mention this, why arent fine smoking herbs a resource in the game? I know that the studio doesnt have an aversion to including "drug references" in their games because in colonization you can get tobacco and make cigars with them! Seriously who else can think of a more "inherent" luxury which comes solely from the earth and many people around the world enjoy? Ill leave it up to you to decide which kind of fine herbs im refeering to. Give my civilization smokes sid meiers!!

Opium latex? Coca leaves?

Man this is a familiar, popular, and influential. Wheres the exotic? I wanna hear about that guy that got a ivory statue or went fur trapping. I have iron everyday in my breakfast cereal.

Also anybody actually have seen a truffles hog?

im reading a book
which is made of paper
from a tree
from a forest
+20 production

doesnt work irl

I'll take your salt and raise it a truffles,

Orange juice so there's some citrus too

• COPPER in my coins.
  • COTTON in some of my clothes.
  • DYES in some of my clothing.
  • Maybe some GOLD in my one dollar coins (but that's doubtful).
  • INCENSE in an oriental burner of some sort.
  • NUTMEG in some fancy bread I had.
  • SALT on my pizza.
  • SILK in my nice shirt.
  • SILVER in my watch.
  • SPICES in my Thai food.
  • SUGAR in my fruit juice and chocolate.
  • WINE. I drank some.

• COPPER in my coins.
  • COTTON in some of my clothes.
  • DYES in some of my clothing.
  • Maybe some GOLD in my one dollar coins (but that's doubtful).
  • INCENSE in an oriental burner of some sort.
  • NUTMEG in some fancy bread I had.
  • SALT on my pizza.
  • SILK in my nice shirt.
  • SILVER in my watch.
  • SPICES in my Thai food.
  • SUGAR in my fruit juice and chocolate.
  • WINE. I drank some.

This could explain why i'm consistently happy. I need to clone myself.

And wheres the bacon in Civ?

By-product of Truffles?

Here is a summary of my Civ's recent luxury, strategic and bonus resource consumption: In the last 24 hours I've eaten Wheat, Salt, Spices, Crab, Fish, Citrus, Sugar, Milk (Cattle by-product) and Pork (Truffles by-product). I've used a computer, a TV and a stationary exercise bike (Oil, Gold, Copper). I did some cooking (Aluminium, Iron) and went shopping (Silver). In the afternoon I had a cup of tea (Porcelain). I was wearing Dyed Cotton but not Silk, although I do have some.

Unfortunately I forgot to wear my Jewellery with Pearls and Gems, or use my Incense burner, or drink any Wine. Whale and Ivory are the only two luxuries I don't have in my empire. My people don't have Horses or Coal either, but they have some knowledge of both, and they have access to Sheep occasionally. I'm pleased to report that there are no Happiness problems in my empire.

Cattle and Wheat for dinner tonight! With some Wine.

So i'm sat here racking my brain as to what luxury I have had today and I realise I am drinking a coffee.

Why exactly is coffee not a luxury in civ?

As for what I have actually used, well, cotton springs to mind. Sugar too.

I'm drinking coffee, which really should be a luxury.

also had an orange with breakfast, so citrus.

We're missing whales, pearls, fur, crab, and marble I think. Lets get them all! Who went whaling today?

Top Bottom