Updating Civ IV

ConjurerDragon

King
Supporter
I have re-installed my Civilization IV Ultimate that includes Beyond the Sword, Warlords and Colonization and wanted to get all of them to the latest patch.

Civ IV (1.74) and Warlords (213) seem to have the latest patch, but
Beyond the Sword is only version 313.

When clicking on "Check for updates" the game tells me "There are no updates available at this time" when I know that there were newer versions of BTS...

Did I just try at a bad time or are the updateservers of Firaxis gone and I need to manually download the next patch?

The upate function in the game does not work because it is looking for a webpage that no longer exists. Instead, go to the drop down menus that you will find at the top of all Forum pages. Open the Civ4 drop down menu. Select the "Patch & Update" link. It will take you to the Forum page where you will find links to download all the CIV patches. You want the latest (and last) BTS patch, 3.19. If you have any trouble installing it and you are sure that you are not making any errors, download and install the 3.17 patch first and then the 3.19. Some disc versions won't work with the 3.19 patch unless the 3.17 patch is already installed. However, many will, so I would try just the 3.19 first.

... Instead, go to the drop down menus that you will find at the top of all Forum pages. Open the Civ4 drop down menu. Select the "Patch & Update" link. It will take you to the Forum page where you will find links to download all the CIV patches. You want the latest (and last) BTS patch, 3.19. If you have any trouble installing it and you are sure that you are not making any errors, download and install the 3.17 patch first and then the 3.19. Some disc versions won't work with the 3.19 patch unless the 3.17 patch is already installed. However, many will, so I would try just the 3.19 first.

Worked perfectly and now I´m on BTS 3.19 and Colonization 1.01f :cowboy:
Thankyou

You're welcome! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom