Update from 317 to 319 Help

SpitfireMI

Chieftain
I wanted to play multiplayer with a friend. Entered my IP on her machine get told the game's core files are different. Sure enough, she's running 319 and I 317. Easy, check for updates.

"There are no updates available at this time."
What the hell?

Both are installed from CD, so why didn't it show the update?
And where can I download it? My PC has minimal antivirus, so I'm cautious.

The update site that the CD based in-game updater accesses no longer exists. You can get the update here on CFF. At the top of any page, open the "Civ4" drop down menu. Select "Patch & Update" from the menu. It will take you to a page with the patch and update links. Select one of the links from the Beyond The Sword (BTS) 3.19 entry and you can download from there. Sometimes one of the links won't work. If that happens, just pick a different one. SInce it is not a "built in" updater, you will need to unzip the download, if it is zipped, and then run the contained exe file. If you are on a Mac, you want the dmg package instead of the exe.

I've been setting up PBEM for BtS with someone else, but we had version mismatch. I directed him to 3.19 update over at GamersHell.com. He installed it and then reported this:
ok updated to 3.19 tried loading the game civ 4 starts no problem then messege shows up that goes too fast to read and civ 4 crashes...
tried few things including re install same thing ...frankly i am stumped.
I asked for clarification as where does it crash. It is immediately after main menu shows up. I believe original Doom from 1993 used to crash like that when hardware requirements fell little short. He has disc version of the game and doesn't want to deal with the Steam becouse of some bad experiences with it.

Top Bottom