Bad surprise for me: Great Artist no loger has "song of power" ability

zarnivop

Chieftain
Naturally, I discovered this only after I moved 3 artists to the border. Bleh.
Nasty surprise. I didn't see it written in the "g&k vs. vanilla" sources I read.

Yeah that ability is now part of the great general. Artist will give you a work of art or a golden age. Still pretty good.

Are you sure? I brough a great general there - only options are golden age and citadel.

The citadel gives you extra tiles bordering to it, but it should be built within or next to your own borders afaik. Also citadels can be used to immediately acquire (steal) neighboring land tiles from other players or city-states. Especially if you ar at war with a neigbouring civ this can be valuable.

Side note: citadels cant be built on a forest in enemy territory (because you can't chop forest on enemy territory, and citadels clears the forest).

Yeah, you can pretty much do all the stuff that you can do in neutral territory in enemy or open borders territory (chop, clear jungle, clear marsh, repair pillaged improvements, etc.) It can be effective if you're trying to clear an easier path for your units, or trying to clear obstructions for your ranged units.

Side note: citadels cant be built on a forest in enemy territory (because you can't chop forest on enemy territory, and citadels clears the forest).
You can bulb a citadel on enemy forest when you are at war. You cannot bulb a citadel on a forest in opponent territory when not at war.

Yeah, you can pretty much do all the stuff that you can do in neutral territory in enemy or open borders territory (chop, clear jungle, clear marsh, repair pillaged improvements, etc.) It can be effective if you're trying to clear an easier path for your units, or trying to clear obstructions for your ranged units.
No, with open borders you cannot clear marsh or chop forest. The only “improvement” you can do in foreign territory is build roads.

Top Bottom