US Midterms - Predictions and Aftereffects

I voted for four GOPers including Runyan (NJ-3 Congressional) and one Democrat (for Sheriff).

Heh Adler is getting a beating, but personally I think he deserves it for his healthcare bill nonsense. He should have supported the goddamn bill.

How could anyone vote for the GOP?

Have you seen the alternative?

Yes and it makes a whole lot more sense. The GOP's party platform is only nice if you are a rich person who is selfish and wants even more tax breaks. Poor people be damned lets cut some more social programs and pour more money into the military because thats what americans want!

Yes and it makes a whole lot more sense. The GOP's party platform is only nice if you are a rich person who is selfish and wants even more tax breaks. Poor people be damned lets cut some more social programs and pour more money into the military because thats what americans want!

You need to do more research. It's best to never rely on a party's talking points for objective analysis.

How could anyone vote for the GOP?

I don't know, a different sense of ethics and values than people who vote for the Democrats?

Greed probably plays a factor, but it's not the arbiter, plenty of poor people vote GOP out of principle.

The GOP's party platform is only nice if you are a rich person who is selfish and wants even more tax breaks. Poor people be damned lets cut some more social programs and pour more money into the military because thats what americans want!

:lol: Are you serious?

1. There are plenty of poor and middle class who vote Republican. Economics is NOT the sole factor when considering your vote.

2. A different sense of morals and values drives the Republican party. It goes beyond low taxes - it goes down to wanting less government intervention, at least in the economy.

3. Republicans believe we're better off with less government programs than the alternative.

4. Republicans have a more visible, more fierce patriotism on average, and they believe a large military protects the country they love.

It goes beyond "greed" and "selfishness" and "rich people." Most people aren't rich, but, the Republicans get a lot of votes. Odd isn't it?

Also. A lot of upper class people vote Democrat.

Have you seen the alternative?

What was the average monthly private sector job growth in 2008, the final year of the Bush presidency, and what has it been so far in 2010?

Spoiler :
In 2008, we lost an average of 317,250 private sector jobs per month. In 2010, we have gained an average of 95,888 private sector jobs per month.
http://www.bls.gov/data/#employment

What was the Federal deficit for the last fiscal year of the Bush presidency, and what was it for the first full fiscal year of the Obama presidency?

Spoiler :
In FY2009, which began on September 1, 2008 and represents the Bush Administration's final budget, the budget deficit was $1.416 trillion. In FY2010, the first budget of the Obama Administration, the budget deficit was $1.291 trillion, a decline of $125 billion.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/119xx/doc11936/SeptemberMBR.pdf

What was the stock market at on the last day of the Bush presidency? What is it at today?

Spoiler :
On Bush's final day in office, the Dow, NASDAQ, and S&P 500 closed at 7,949, 1,440, and 805, respectively. Today, they are at 11,188, 2,533, and 1,193.

You need to do more research. It's best to never rely on a party's talking points for objective analysis.
Amen to that.

I hope not, the best option for the Dems is to lay as low as possible until the economy recovers imho.

You would agree with Pelosi and Reid are liabilities, yes?

Insofar as being a Democrat is a liability, yes. :)

The Democrats could pick somebody as conservative as Ben Nelson and the right-wing noise machine would still make them out to be the next incarnation of Karl Marx.

But.... But....But that isn't what the talking heads told me! You must be wrong then!

The Talking Heads as far as I can tell, only told you not to be afraid of the government.

The Talking Heads told me something about a Psycho Killer, followed by a warning to run away and an epic guitar solo.

Nope. The early returns I've seen from the field in IN, OH, PA and MI are pretty bad.
Seven states to republican Governors including those states. Hello re-districting.

Seven states to republican Governors including those states. Hello re-districting.
Hopefully so. It creates safe seats for the minority and not as safe seats for the majority. A lot of 2006 and 2008 can be explained by GOP-gerrymandering cutting districts to too close to survive a slight change in sentiment.

Hopefully so. It creates safe seats for the minority and not as safe seats for the majority. A lot of 2006 and 2008 can be explained by GOP-gerrymandering cutting districts to too close to survive a slight change in sentiment.
My district looks like Pinocchio's face. All for Danny Davis.

I don't know, a different sense of ethics and values than people who vote for the Democrats?

Greed probably plays a factor, but it's not the arbiter, plenty of poor people vote GOP out of principle.

:lol: Are you serious?

1. There are plenty of poor and middle class who vote Republican. Economics is NOT the sole factor when considering your vote.

2. A different sense of morals and values drives the Republican party. It goes beyond low taxes - it goes down to wanting less government intervention, at least in the economy.

3. Republicans believe we're better off with less government programs than the alternative.

4. Republicans have a more visible, more fierce patriotism on average, and they believe a large military protects the country they love.

It goes beyond "greed" and "selfishness" and "rich people." Most people aren't rich, but, the Republicans get a lot of votes. Odd isn't it?

Also. A lot of upper class people vote Democrat.

Despite all those reasons to vote republican they still favor tax cuts for the wealthy and would cut social programs before cutting military spending. The republicans get alot of votes because they prey on peoples ignorance (Hey the bush era wasnt so bad!) and use straw-man campaigning to get votes.

Perfect example of this is something you said. They have in the past campaigned on peoples irrational fears, such as terrorism as an excuse to increase military spending and wage pointless wars. I have no pride in our military, it is not defending our country more like its trying to ferret out terrorists in foreign lands with the use of cowardly drone attacks that kill civilians. Of course the democrats arent so different in this regard as we can see Obama continuing the war effort in afghanistan.

As for the regards of social policies, if you think that republicans are looking our for the average American i got a bridge to sell you!

Insofar as being a Democrat is a liability, yes. :)

The Democrats could pick somebody as conservative as Ben Nelson and the right-wing noise machine would still make them out to be the next incarnation of Karl Marx.

Yea, but it wouldn't stick as much. Nelson wasn't leading the Senate democrats in voting for 2 very unpopular bills. Reid was.

Well, "lose" might an overstatement. They're losing their jobs, not their lives.

Feingold's one of the good ones. Grayson's not my cup of tea (ha!) but mostly because he talks as recklessly an irresponsibly as 90% of the Republicans in Congress.

I'm not adverse to some conservative positions on things, but they act like children. Democrats at least act like they want to solve the problems we have.

I can't really say too much about Feingold, but I hate Grayson with a passion. If I could have, I would have voted for Webster a hundred times over.

What's gonna be depressing is watching the Repubs/Tea Party get ahold of the House committees and do all kinds of witch hunting.

That aside, Dems hold Senate around 51 seats. Repubs get most Governors.

The Repub's getting all the Governors and legislative seats in local election is really depressing... god I hate gerrymandering.

I can't really say too much about Feingold, but I hate Grayson with a passion. If I could have, I would have voted for Webster a hundred times over.
Why do you hate Grayson? He's one of the only fighters in the democratic party?

Top Bottom