Governments and Politics

Yes

I agree with your prop, will give you more time to rest and more time for others.

Btw what do we do in the Transition time?

OOC: Transition time = rest between sessions. You can still do any indirect things and discussions you want to do, like RP things or discussion on future policy.

(I'd like to join, the individual money and all the player actions are unique, and sound fun)

After many years of fishing with his father in the Pârsa dot80 was finally of the age where he could leave his small fishing village to go live in the big city where he hoped to make his fortunes.

Also you should definitely extend the sessions, and on the weekends you should extend it over all three days because I know that at least for me a lot of the time I am busy until Sunday.

IMPORTANT LETTER TO THE KING OF KINGS

-

Oh great King of Kings who is blessed by Ahura Mazda and all the powers, since we recieved mining from the Sumerians our people now know how to cut down the great trees of the forest. Thus perhaps a worker soon after the granary even if the preconditions allowing for the Great Library according to your orders are fulfilled would be superior, with that followed by a military unit and a settler to start taking advantage of our surrounding lands and then perhaps the Great Library.

Without developed land the Great Library would take years to build and would be a waste of time stifling our development and weakening the empire greatly, we should focus on expanding locally and improving our domain before we engage in such an endeavour. Furthermore King of Kings we only have a single warrior, constructing a wonder in such a situation puts us at grave risk to even the least of the barbarians due to the time it would take to construct such a building without developed land and with only a single city.

Engaging in a project now early in our empires development with no developed land, only a single warrior and only a single city would destroy our chances of becoming strong compared to our rivals. We need to strengthen our position first before going on a project such as this. Focus on our foundation before the building oh King and we shall be strong for the future. Once the foundation is complete and our land developed we will not only be able to engage in the project faster but our lands having expanded and having being adequately defended will be able to engage in this project safely with maximum benefit to our people, and most importanty without the cost of constructing it immediately after the granary without a strong empire with a solid foundation.

I thus implore you to cancel the queue order, even if it passes your preconditions and instead focus on training a worker, followed by a military unit and then a settler to develop, defend and expand our dominion and make us strong into the future. Once this is done then the Wonder would if conditions allow be of most timely benefit to be built.

Glory to the King of Kings and long may he reign!

sincerely

Jehashuthra

Yes, I agree with the adding of time to the Sessions, it allows for people to be able to miss a day and not totally be messed up, and such. It also gives you rest time, and more time talk about what we should do about the votes, and such.

OOC:

Lineage is the process for determining the probability of heirs or descendants popping up in the empire. If you don't have any descendants then you go through a waiting period before your "rebirth" so to speak, if you have one you can take over the eldest child and perhaps any other politicians amongst them and continue as normal. You also must divide your wealth amongst them upon your passing as per tradition IRL.

I would think they serve like the extra characters in CotE except via an in game mechanic instead of personal creation of extra characters.

OOC:

Lineage is the process for determining the probability of heirs or descendants popping up in the empire. If you don't have any descendants then you go through a waiting period before your "rebirth" so to speak, if you have one you can take over the eldest child and perhaps any other politicians amongst them and continue as normal. You also must divide your wealth amongst them upon your passing as per tradition IRL.

I would think they serve like the extra characters in CotE except via an in game mechanic instead of personal creation of extra characters.

thaknk you

OOC:

Just to be sure, we can just give all of it to the eldest right? They did that I think.

OOC:

I really like that explanation, makes me understand it more.:goodjob:

News Report
T8-T12

T8 (3680 BC):
Tradition was adopted as a social policy
DefoesRightBoot was chosen as a politician
Our Royal Guard Warriors were sent back on special orders from the king.
Persepolis grew to 6000 citizens

T10 (3600 BC):
Research for Pottery was finished. As ordered by the king, research on writing was begun.

T11 (3560 BC):
The First Scout Division find ancient ruins in the distance.

T12 (3520 BC);
The First Scout Division meets the Syrians at the ancient ruins. They are amazed by our civilization and begin to migrate to Persepolis. A new politician is chosen: filli noctus.
Persepolis has grown to 21000 people!
The monument to Ahura Mazda is finished and work is begun on a granary.

Session 2
T14 (3440 BC)

Spoiler :
Persepolis

Palace of King PlyPlay665 I

Advisers and politicians enter the palace,
Plyplay665: What news do you bring me?
Domestic: We need a new social policy for our kingdom, my lord. There are a lot of domestic issues that have arisen. Thanks to the policy of tradition, crime rates are being lowered among the Persian population. The people remember the old ways. However, there are new people in our kingdom.
Foreign: She is correct. The Sumerians and Syrians have migrated to Persepolis. They have set their refugee camps at 7A, and they wait for us to let them in the city. Security Forces have kept them out.
Domestic: Will you let them in and accept them into our society?
Foreign: In my opinion, you should. They might bring new ideas that can help us. For example, the Sumerian's music has spread among the people and has become popular.
Military: Don't let them in, they can bring in ideas that could harm us. They believe in different gods, and they are troublemakers. Most of the crime in the city is done by one of these immigrants
Domestic: So, what will it be?...

Persepolis:

In-game Issues:
What Social Policy shall we choose?

Decisions:
Will you accept the Sumerians and Syrians into Persepolis?

Issues:
Domestic: Migration into Persepolis
Increasing crime rates from immigrants

Spoiler :

Correction: Total number of Persians in Persepolis: 18000
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I see most people agree with adding time to the sessions. So now each session is 48 hours long, meaning this first turn will end at 2:00 PM GMT-7 time Friday, and the Session will end at 2:00 PM GMT-7 time on Friday.

Government Details

Now that you guys have seen how the game is going to be played, and since some players are already working on this, I think it would be good to post the government details. The following is what you will have to answer when you create your government:

Government Structure:

Are there divisions between powers (local, national governments)?
Are there separate branches?
is religion a part of government? If so, what do they do? What can the leader of the religion do?

In-Game decisions

Who has the power to decide:
What to build in a city
What to research
What social policy to choose

How will the things mentioned above be decided?

Military

Who controls the units? Is there a general for each unit, for each group?
Who has the power to declare war? To order an attack?

Diplomacy

Who has the power to make agreements with foreign leaders?
Who will travel to other civilizations or receive foreign leaders?

Policies

Who has the power to make domestic policies (which involve migration, crime, value promotion)?
Who has the power to foreign policies?

Offices

What are all the possible positions in government? What power do they have (what do they do?)

Taxes

Are there taxes? What are they and to who?

Law and Justice

Who has the power to make laws?
Who has the power to reform laws?
How are laws made?
Who can punish criminals? How?
Who is in charge of enforcing the laws?

I might add to this if I see something is missing

In each update could you post a picture of the strategic map with the tile's names labeled on it?

You mean with the 1A, 2A, etc? Yes, although they are always the same format: 1A is the tile with the city, 2A is the tile North East of 1A, and then keep numbering them going clockwise.

In Persepolis, 8A is the tile in our territory that is the pretending from the circle.

You mean with the 1A, 2A, etc? Yes, although they are always the same format: 1A is the tile with the city, 2A is the tile North East of 1A, and then keep numbering them going clockwise.

In Persepolis, 8A is the tile in our territory that is the pretending from the circle.

Posting them sure would be nice, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I don't think you have to necessarily post them every update, just every like 2 or three, maybe.

"Will you accept the Sumerians and Syrians into Persepolis?"
I am thinking at the moment, yes. (Although I was sort of planning on going down the Traditional Policy tree because of all the benefits from them..) Because, as Civleader told me, if we do not let them in, they could/will historically hate Persians forever, and they could either go to another Civ, with their hate of us, or they could just stay in Persia illegally. I will keep my Royal Guards Garrisoned in the Capital to combat crime, and make the building of another unit high on my priority list.
(This isn't a for sure vote, though.)

As for the new Policy, I'm thinking of enacting Liberty, to fasten the Policy growth (Even if just by one) Go for Legalism, and then Collective Rule.
I am really hoping there is a way to enact most, if not all, of the Traditional tree, without having horrible Nationalism and Ethnic Ideals. imo all of the Ideals are bad ones though.

I would just accept them and be done with it. Best get them in early if at all and let time integrate them properly into persian society.

Top Bottom