Getting killed at level 5 of civ rev for ipad

mullerpavel

Chieftain
Please help. I find levels 1-4 quite easy, but I keep on getting killed or seriously maimed at level 5 before i can establish myself and implement my strategies. I suspect i am missing something about diplomacy, but I can not figure it out. could you advise on how to get enough time to postpone massive attacks from everybody that do not seem to be possible to be called of?

I assume you mean Deity level (level 5).

Diplomacy in Civ Rev is .... a non-factor. Everyone will be at war with you eventually, no matter what you do.

Given that, you have two choices for the early game. Which one you choose depends on your Civ, your placement, who is near you, and your own personality.

Either: 1) make sure to get Archers up and running soon to protect your cities; or 2) go on the offensive early with Horseman.

I have won with every leader. With most more than once. Build a galley early and try to find as many ancient artifacts as possible. I'd try to get a Temple in my first 2 cities before I found Ark of the Covenant so that Cathedrals would be built. This means researching Pottery and Ceremonial Burial first. Also, try to get Navigation first. Then you get a free Galleon and can probably find Atlantis first, giving you 3 free technologies. You almost always have to destroy or nearly destroy at least one opponent.

But about a month ago (March, 2013), I suddenly started losing every time at this level. Sometimes when I checked "Who's winning?", I'd be 15-20 technologies behind. Has anyone else seen a change in the game?

Funny you mention the change in difficulty. I took a two month break from Civ Rev, I’d previously won 6 of 8 at Deity level. This weekend on Deity I got blown out (i.e., outclassed in Techs., population growth)! Something changed with that recent IOS update. Anyway, I’ll drop down a notch and get back at it.

Top Bottom