City Elimination Limit?

RickCiv

Chieftain
Heya, there was this option City Elimination Limit in Civ4 which meant if you lost 1 city. Game over. I can't find it in Civ5. Anyone know if this is available? Either through original or mods?

It's not available as any base-game option that I am aware of and so far as I know no mod has been created for it.

The One City Challenge (OCC) game-option available in the Advanced Set-Up menu is about as close as you can get, I think. You are only ever allowed to have one city -- lose it, you lose the game. I'm not sure I would have used the word 'Challenge' to describe this mode of play. 'MindScrambler' might have been more appropriate.

OCC forces each city you conquer to be instantly razed, including capitals, which can be useful in a domination game so you get no unhappiness. A side effect of that is you can only upgrade units near your capital. If you lose your capital it is game over anyway.

Ah pity. I quite liked the city elimination limit in Civ4. Makes for intense gameplay of needing to expand, but also making sure expansions are safeguarded, as even a brand new settled city could lose you the game.

Top Bottom