Looking for fast Civ5 Let's Plays

Windsor

Flawless
So, I'd like to give Civ5 a new chance and to get into the game again I thought maybe watching some Let's Plays would be nice.

However, the few I've tried watching so far are all painfully slow to watch. For Civ4 TheMeInTeam made some really great LPs simply because he's a decent player and he's a mechanically fast player, but I've yet to see any good Civ5 LPs.

Note, I'm not talking about fast game settings, but APM. I need things to happen. Watching 15 hour++ long games is boring.

Any good tips?

I would recommend the "let's plays" by Marbozir. He plays at Immortal/Deity.
To watch a full game still takes 7-8 hours.
If you have a decent computer, playing the game is more fun.
When I've new hardware I will give civ5 another try (those turn times are horrible) unless civ6 is available and more interesting.

So, I'd like to give Civ5 a new chance and to get into the game again I thought maybe watching some Let's Plays would be nice.

However, the few I've tried watching so far are all painfully slow to watch. For Civ4 TheMeInTeam made some really great LPs simply because he's a decent player and he's a mechanically fast player, but I've yet to see any good Civ5 LPs.

Note, I'm not talking about fast game settings, but APM. I need things to happen. Watching 15 hour++ long games is boring.

Any good tips?

no matter what you do, the game can't be sped up past the slow AI turn times.

So someone can hit end turn really fast, but you're not really going to get much out of it.

To learn about the game and play at higher levels(Deity) you should watch Acken,peddroelm,Moriarte and MadDjinn.
Acken and MadDjinn play relatively fast.

For entertainment,decent skill and fast play watch Marbozir.

I like to watch them in 1.25x or 1.5x on Youtube. You can still pretty easily see all the moves, although the talking sounds a little funky sometimes. I watch Marbozir exclusively on 1.25x and now watching on normal seems weird.

Top Bottom