[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Just wanted to say, this is the best mod I've ever tried. Not too laggy, doesn't change too much, but doesn't change too little either.

Good job! Hopefully this mod will become even better in the future :)

You might get a better response if you were a tad more constructive in regards to your complaint bro, instead of your current form of criticism.

Recently, RoM has been acting weird when rendering religious icons in text lines. I may be wrong about this, but I think this problem coincided with an update to Civilization IV (made about a month ago?) that had something to do with GameSpy shutting down.

For example, icons indicating the state religion of known civilizations no longer appear in the scoreboard in the bottom right. And in a few areas, including civics that add a bonus to building production speed in cities with the state religion, text after the missing icon is rendered in bold or altered in some other way.

I tried to briefly look at what might be causing the problem but I think it has something to do with CvGameCoreDLL.dll. And I don't know how that works or how it is compiled.

Has anybody else experienced this problem or maybe solved it?

For example, icons indicating the state religion of known civilizations no longer appear in the scoreboard in the bottom right. And in a few areas, including civics that add a bonus to building production speed in cities with the state religion, text after the missing icon is rendered in bold or altered in some other way.

This usually means a game font problem. Those files are in Assets/res/Fonts. If you have a backup of your Rise of Mankind folder you can copy from there replacing what is in your current folder. Alternately just reinstall RoM 2.

I like this mod generally but i dislike the future tech stuff. Is there a way to remove it from the mod?

I suggest you go here.

I have noticed that the RevDCM options are reset upon loading. I noticed it because I had enabled limited religions ( the one that limits each civ to only found one religion each ). SOme turns earlier I was the first to discover Dualism, but due to the limitation I did not found Zoroastrianism. However after saving the game to do other stuff, I loaded up the save game and without ending the turn Zoroastrianism was founded by my civilization. I thought that was weird and remembered the Limitied religions option in RevDCM, and sure enough none of the options I had ticked off in the beginning of the game was saved. Anyone experience this or know of a solution?

EDIT: okay found out that RevDCM mentions that more options are available in the GlobalDefines.xml file (in \Civilization 4\Beyond The Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML). There it is possible to set the desired values permanently.

Is the mod where you can grab bordering territory with military units still included here? I don't see it in the feature list.

Yes. You unit will need to stay stationay fo at least one full tun to accomplish this.

Question/Suggestion:
I teach history and one thing that continues to pop up as discrepancies between civ gameplay and real history, is the importance of non-state actors. When playing Civ I have godlike control over every aspect over every detail of my empire.

What about outsourcing to private enterprises/individuals things such as:
independent privateering,
troop raising,
tax collecting,
colonizing,
acquiring resources (trade)

Also, when it comes to military
-loyalty/morale for troops & generals?
-units routing instead of being destroyed?

Are these things that could be interesting/possible to add in?

I hate being stupid, but every time I try to click on one of your downloads, the file isn't available or I am switched to some uninteresting advertisement page.

Top Bottom