Civ4 Save/Scenario/Map Editor

hmm, i m not sure if this has already mentioned.

I can´t get it running.
I don´t want to spam with the whole error message (additionally to the fact that i don´t have the program installed anymore) but the short version of it would be:

"Device not operatable" (or "device not ready") or something, it´s a try to translate "Gerät nicht bereit" to the english language.

Hey,

I tried to load Earth 1000 AD into this editor along with other WBS files in the PublicMaps folder and none of them load. Please let me know what can be the issue. I have Net 2.0.

Cheers,
-CH

CokeHead said:
Hey,

I tried to load Earth 1000 AD into this editor along with other WBS files in the PublicMaps folder and none of them load. Please let me know what can be the issue. I have Net 2.0.

Cheers,
-CH

Hi everone. Sorry, I've been on vacation. I'll respond to all these tomorrow (Thursday)

Hello,

Still working on making maps using your program. I've run into trouble starting the program. I've reinstalled, both it and NET. 2.0 but keep getting the same problem during program loading:

Message: The type initializer for 'Foundation.Concept`1' threw an exception.

Stack Trace:

TypeInitializationException
at Foundation.Concept`1.Create()
at Civ4MapGenerator.GameInfo.GameInfoProvider.LoadColors()
at Civ4MapGenerator.GameInfo.GameInfoProvider.Preload(ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.SplashScreen.Start(Object param)
at Civ4MapGenerator.TaskScreen.RunThread(Object host)

I'll keep working to get it started.

Heres a sample registry file from Windows XP x64. Thought you might want to add this extra location when checking for installation of Civ4. :)

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Firaxis Games]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4]
"INSTALLDIR"="C:\\Games\\Civilization 4"
"DEFAULT_LANGUAGE"=dword:00000009

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\1.00.0000]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\1.09]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\1.52]

Craig_Sutter said:
Just wondering... could this problem be patch related? I'll try a reinstall of Civ IV without the patch later today and see.

Sorry, I was out on vacation. Are you still having this problem? I've been using it successfully with the patch, so I don't think that's the problem. I'll work on a new version that will provide better feedback for this error.

gutty47 said:
Heres a sample registry file from Windows XP x64. Thought you might want to add this extra location when checking for installation of Civ4. :)

Thanks for this info. The next version will check this entry.

cant open saved game....

Illegal version line "f

Exception
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.LoadHeader(Civ4PersistenceLoadContext context)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(Stream stream, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(String file, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.Wbs.WorldBuilderSave.Load(String file, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.LoadScreen.DoLoad(Object param)

Hi, I love your program, but I cannot get it to work after I've closed a saved file. When I reopen the file for later editing, the program either freezes or I get the same dialogue pop up that Thermis and others have received. I'm asked to "continue" or "quit," but continuing only leaves the program open--it does not open the saved file. I am using your most recent version of the program. When I open those saved files with Civ4's worldbuilder, they work, but I cannot continue using your program after that first closing of the file (and I'd very much like to :) )

The exception text is:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box [etc, etc...]

Can't open saved game...

Illegal version line "f

Exception
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.LoadHeader(Civ4PersistenceLoadContext context)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(Stream stream, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(String file, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.Wbs.WorldBuilderSave.Load(String file, ProgressHost progressHost)

pelletip said:
Can't open saved game...

Illegal version line "f

Exception

The same happened to me. I don't know why, but I can't open a savegame I can only open the Worldbuilder-save-data.

I love your utility, AND it runs FINE on my system..version 1.52. However, I was a little taken back when I noticed that I could change/add a new/different civ by changing the values in the player screen, but couldn't add or subtract any of the existing civs. Is this the case or am I missing something? I know that this is a work in progress and it appears that you may have some international issues, but my English,USA version is working very well.
Also, where do you get your lists for "Leader Type" and "Civ Type"? I am using the Leaders mod, which adds quite a few new civs and leaders. I tried (after backing it up of course) to replace the original Civ 4 files with the new files in the Leader Mod. However I now get the extended list in "Leader Type" but the new leaders names are blank spaces. The "Civ Type" does not change at all, I'm assuming that this is hard coded, am I correct? Is it possible to add to this so that my new civs show up?

Thanks in advance for your time and Help.

Thanks for the great utility and all your hard work. :thumbsup:

Hope you had a nice Holiday season.:king:

I believe, that the utiliy works fine, but nevertheless I couldn't open a savegame, only a wbsavegame! When I wanted to open a savegame the message: illegal version line "f" , appeared! What does this message mean???

Baron Rakkan said:
The same happened to me. I don't know why, but I can't open a savegame I can only open the Worldbuilder-save-data.

Sorry for any confusion, but this is correct, you can only open Civ4WorldBuilderSave files. Regular save games are in binary. If someone has the slightest clue what the format of this file is I would be happy to support it.

kswoll said:
Sorry for any confusion, but this is correct, you can only open Civ4WorldBuilderSave files. Regular save games are in binary. If someone has the slightest clue what the format of this file is I would be happy to support it.

I wonder what´s all the in usual save files. I can´t think of many things, 1 thing would be the time until theindividual cottages grow to towns etc.

Mayb we get a converter with the SDK

My problem doesn't refer to saved *game* files; I meant the worldbuilder files I create using kswoll's Map Editor.

Top Bottom