Random Rants XIII: I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sticky Bombs!!!

Oh wait... wrong RTS. Nevermind.

Spoiler :
My rant is that I got the wrong RTS... to keep it legal :mischief:

Excuse me for using the term "left wing BS", but some of my sociology class is just plain left wing BS. The teacher today basically sat there and flat out told me I was rasist. (Of course, it's just rasist society (allegedly) reflecting on me as an individual, but still) Gee thanks lady.

Why was that? BTW it's called racist. And does the guy at least know what he's talking about? My English teacher this semester seems dead set convinced that under Bush all those people who ever criticized him publicly were sent to Guantanamo, that Jon Stewart has been hosting the show from Cuba for 5 years until Obama freed him. He also insisted that we're all going to be drafted to fight another world war against Japan. Why he chose Japan I have no idea. Also insisted Africa was one country, even when everyone called him on it.

What did you say to make her think that?
Nothing. All the white kids in the class are automatically rasist because according to C. Wright Mills and some other sociologists, as white people we're all recipients of "white privilege" as a result of being individual members of what's seen by some as rasist society. Mills even predicted that I would be offended and get defensive, but he says I didn't actually do anything wrong as an individual, but I should still feel guilty as a member of the rasist social system (it gets even more complicated than this). Left wing BS if you ask me.

BTW, spelling racist as "rasist" is a product of an inside joke here at cfc.

Nothing. All the white kids in the class are automatically rasist because according to C. Wright Mills and some other sociologists, as white people we're all recipients of "white privilege" as a result of being individual members of what's seen by some as rasist society. Mills even predicted that I would be offended and get defensive, but he says I didn't actually do anything wrong as an individual, but I should still feel guilty as a member of the rasist social system (it gets even more complicated than this). Left wing BS if you ask me.

BTW, spelling racist as "rasist" is a product of an inside joke here at cfc.

Eh? White privilege is not the same thing as racism. You sure you heard correctly?

Eh? White privilege is not the same thing as racism. You sure you heard correctly?
The way it was explained to me, I'm a white participant in an alleged racist society, so therefore I'm racist, but it's not my fault.

My neighbor's fat little kids are out now like every god damned day, blowing some god damned whistle every 5 seconds, and if they don't stop I'm afraid they'll drive me to a bloody uncontrollable rage... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And how do they propose we fix that? Get rid of all the white people?

Thats racist!

AP US History is such a pain! I do NOT care about Eric Foner or his views on freedom!

I should say though, the whole class isn't like that. A lot of it is very interesting stuff, but I have a thing against unfounded accusations of racism.

The way it was explained to me, I'm a white participant in an alleged racist society, so therefore I'm racist, but it's not my fault.

The accusation that all white people are racist is racist.

ARGH

I left for spring break Friday before last. As the academic calendar stated....i thought my Saturday class was canceled for break. It wasn't! I missed my class!!

Also Post 198 in another thread

One way trip!

APUSH was such an awesome class. Of course, I didnt think this while I was taking it, but looking back on it I enjoyed more than most classes.

I could see that but because of my northeastern location and the placement of the AP's in order to be a the end of southern schedules we have to be done with the entirety of US history by mid April. in order to give us enough time to review by May.

I loved APUSH, but we were surprised when the test focused on a completely different thing from what we thought it would be - more about social movements and the life of average people and whatnot. We all complained, although it was the only 5 I got on an AP (they probably inflated those now like everything else, huh?) and I actually now prefer that kind of history.

What RTS would that be?

My foot hurts, I think I has a fungus or infection

Company of Heroes. Has the best voice work in an RTS in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom