Caveman2Cosmos

The AI is probably drafting, slaving or simply building fast enough to produce 2 more after the previous ones - there's also the fact that sometimes they'll hide some potential defenders on ships and only bring them out if they NEED to.

Thanks to promotions, they may indeed become stronger as they are attacked. Even in the same round if they get a battlefield promo and go mostly unharmed.

Okay, I have learned some things in the last responses from you all and I thank you.

My feelings, from so many games I've played thru the years, is why do Devs have to give the AI so many advantages??? Speaking specifically to about promotions here; the AI can get promos instantly??? , while player has to wait until next turn for his to take effect; WHY, why is the AI never subject to the same playing rules as the player??? I have seen in other versions, me the player settles a city w/horses, develop the resourse & whala, very next turn barbian horsemen show up attacking me. WHY? If they are just another Civ, why don't they have develop a resourse?? I'm sorry, but this kind of cheating by AIs just drive me nuts. Instant promotions, healing one turn vs player 1 or 2 or 3-4, etc to heal, even w/healers???

Please, understand I want to like this game. I have tried going back to vanilla BTS or Invictus, and they are so bland!! But I have to also, find a way to make this game run better. Would you suggest that I buy a hard copy disc( use to have one) and put files in another place on C:drive and then place your mod there and try using??? I came across a great sub-sima while back and they right from start said not via Steam for mods!!! I just don't understand why the CIV IV & BTS files now via Steam, keep needing re-aquires files.

Thanks for reading my rants and your help.

MN

Okay, I have learned some things in the last responses from you all and I thank you.

My feelings, from so many games I've played thru the years, is why do Devs have to give the AI so many advantages??? Speaking specifically to about promotions here; the AI can get promos instantly??? , while player has to wait until next turn for his to take effect; WHY, why is the AI never subject to the same playing rules as the player??? I have seen in other versions, me the player settles a city w/horses, develop the resourse & whala, very next turn barbian horsemen show up attacking me. WHY? If they are just another Civ, why don't they have develop a resourse?? I'm sorry, but this kind of cheating by AIs just drive me nuts. Instant promotions, healing one turn vs player 1 or 2 or 3-4, etc to heal, even w/healers???

Please, understand I want to like this game. I have tried going back to vanilla BTS or Invictus, and they are so bland!! But I have to also, find a way to make this game run better. Would you suggest that I buy a hard copy disc( use to have one) and put files in another place on C:drive and then place your mod there and try using??? I came across a great sub-sima while back and they right from start said not via Steam for mods!!! I just don't understand why the CIV IV & BTS files now via Steam, keep needing re-aquires files.

Thanks for reading my rants and your help.

MN

Ermm, you do know that you can customize your game in the customs settings, as wll as in the BUG menu, right? If your having that much of an issue with barbs, perhaps tweaking the game a bit may help alleviate some of your angst, or if I may recommend, perhaps visiting the S&T forums to assist in your enjoyment of the game.

Also, because I'm curious, would you mind expounding on your statement of how you consider Realism Invictus "bland"? Between C2C and RI, I would consider them to be highly creative and innovative. Bland wouldn't seem to be part of my lexicon concerning that, so please explain.

No advantage given here that the player wouldn't have. They aren't getting to select promos immediately - battlefield promotions can happen for ai and player units alike and are more likely derived during survived battles with more difficult odds. There's a few quirks about them that probably aren't optimal and some players prefer games without them at all as a result. It's a BUG option whether they are included in play or not so whether it's on or off can be adjusted mid-game.

RE Barbs: They are NOT just another civ - only categorized as such for some game function purposes. We've not changed the way the setup has always been for barbarians in this regard. Unlike actual players, barbarian units spawn randomly across the map - their tech development and resource requirements work completely different to a normal civ and always have. It's not an 'unfair' advantage as they are not a 'competitor' in the game but are rather intended to be a random challenge element. They maintain cities but do so rather poorly and only with a military focus to produce more units to challenge the actual game players with. There IS a game option to turn them off without disabling animals now. Recently they've been made incapable of birthing hero units out from under those players that had rightfully earned the cultures required to train them.

My feelings, from so many games I've played thru the years, is why do Devs have to give the AI so many advantages??? Speaking specifically to about promotions here; the AI can get promos instantly??? , while player has to wait until next turn for his to take effect; WHY, why is the AI never subject to the same playing rules as the player???

Battle promotions happen instantly for both AI and player but then neither get a choice about which to choose. For those from experience both have to wait until next turn to choose them. At least that is my experience.

Again as far as I know we have not programmed any advantage to the AI over what is in BtS except one for food production where they don't loose as much food to waste as human players do early in the game.

I just completed my first carracks in my first C2C game. They have no cargo capacity at all, not even for explorers. Is this deliberate ? If no, how can I restore it ? If yes, why ? The civilopedia claims that they have the cargo capacity they used to have.

So I wanted to build explorers and had to realize that I cannot build explorers anywhere in my empire. I researched geometry long ago, and am not yet advanced enough to build adventurers, which are not available anyway either. Any idea why that might be ?

I just completed my first carracks in my first C2C game. They have no cargo capacity at all, not even for explorers. Is this deliberate ? If no, how can I restore it ? If yes, why ? The civilopedia claims that they have the cargo capacity they used to have.
I've noted this discrepancy myself and I'd like to adjust it... Actually I'm not sure if I have already or not.

So I wanted to build explorers and had to realize that I cannot build explorers anywhere in my empire. I researched geometry long ago, and am not yet advanced enough to build adventurers, which are not available anyway either. Any idea why that might be ?
You can't build any hunting or recon units?

Carracks have always (well since v29 at least) come without any cargo space. I agree that's probably wrong, but it's not the recently-introduced bug. The more recent bug (which as you say you may have fixed in the SVN - I dunno) is they are unable to get Transport Troops promo(s).

Do you know how to do it ? Could you tell me ?
Find them in the unitinfos.xml and adjust iCargo (probably to 2) and give it a DOMAIN_LAND designation for domaincargo.

Hunters (Wardens) yes, recon no.
hmm... I wonder if it has something to do with Scouts still being able to upgrade into hunters - they don't get an equivalent recon upgrade at the same time but may still be incapable of being built once you can build a hunter. At a point, the next Scout upgrade opens up (Guide I think.)

I have a problem using landmarks from the Worldbuilder. EVery time I add a landmark, it simply disappears after a couple of turns. Sam if I use a personalised map, where it names lakes, ridges etc.

Does anyone know of a fix, or if this is a problem for anyone else?

The next version should have a fix in it for the game-added markers (personalized map and event signs). A fix for signs added by the player has not been put in, as far as I know, so they will only stick around until your next save (auto or manual) or viewport shift, if using viewports.

The next version should have a fix in it for the game-added markers (personalized map and event signs). A fix for signs added by the player has not been put in, as far as I know, so they will only stick around until your next save (auto or manual) or viewport shift, if using viewports.

Thank you for the quick reply. A shame about the personal landmarks not being fixed, they are the only thing I miss in this mod.

Hi there,

first of all i have to say thanks again and how i love this mod. I have played it many times in the past and now again for a few month.
In my latest game i came around something very unusual what i really cant explain. I conquered a city that is now too good in everything. After i had build every available building in a few dozen rounds this city produces now more than all my 40 other cities i have combined, but not just hammers also commerce, food, culture and everything else.
I play on the slowest possible speed but now it feels like the fastest at least in this city. In all other cities it is now impossible to keep up with new invented buildings.

Does anyone have an idea what happened here and how i could avoid something like that in future games because now this doesnt make fun anymore because i will be too good too soon.

This is a sceenshot i took in the city screen:
Spoiler :

thanks

As answered on the Caveman2Cosmos thread to fully find out what went wrong we would need a save from before you capture the city. For you to continue playing this game try a recalc (Ctrl-Alt-R I think) it should fix those excess production numbers.

Love this mod, but it simply gets too slow at about mid-game. Any clues? Playing the latest ver. on a large map. Thanks for any suggestions, i just love this mod....

Love this mod, but it simply gets too slow at about mid-game. Any clues? Playing the latest ver. on a large map. Thanks for any suggestions, i just love this mod....

Wait till next version, twice as fast. I an currently playing a 25-30 civ game and i am in the Ren Era, and it takes me less than 45 seconds per turn.

Top Bottom