World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

I am playing this mod without any problems, so it has to point at your setup somewhere.

I am playing this mod without any problems, so it has to point at your setup somewhere.

sure, you're right, many people paying too. I mean the mod on my PC.

Any other suggestions?

NOTE: I have to install previously Warlord expansion?

No, Warlords have nothing to do with this. Try to start the scenario, to begin with. Go to Private maps and chose the European scenario. Post here any errors you get on your screen. This is very strange... I never had any issues...

Working

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Just reinstalled BTS

Attachments

• WW 1939 ok.gif
    WW 1939 ok.gif
    383.5 KB · Views: 732
Has anyone ever solved this unit naming problem?

It occured for me when (as the US) building B-17s.
Just tested: also occurs when producing any other strategical or tactical bomber.

It did not occur when building P-51s though.

Please help, if you can!

View attachment Assets.7z

As requested from Tigranes, the AA gun can now intercept aircraft. Downside is that aircraft can shoot down the AA gun, wich is not realistic. But there is no other way to make the AA gun to intercept aircraft with the DCM Mod installed.

I did a few test runs to see if the strength is good. If it is nood please post it and i'll give it some more thought.

Unpack the zip file and put the assets file in the World War II - 1939 Mod folder and overwrite it.

Thank you!

What version of DCM this mod has precisely? I am playing pacific war scenario and that one has all this features but everything works. I wonder if the problem is in merging modcomps rather than DCM itself... Heck, AA gun type worked even in vanila BTS, how one can screw it in the mod?

What version of DCM this mod has precisely?
Don't know.

Heck, AA gun type worked even in vanila BTS, how one can screw it in the mod?
:hmm: I really don't know. I have compared the vanilla and 1939 mod AA gun, and there was no significant difference. My guess is that it has to do with DCM, but i'm not sure.

Thank you!

What version of DCM this mod has precisely? I am playing pacific war scenario and that one has all this features but everything works. I wonder if the problem is in merging modcomps rather than DCM itself... Heck, AA gun type worked even in vanila BTS, how one can screw it in the mod?

It wasn't 3.19 becuase I made my modcomp after Pacific was released.

in the 1940 scenario the germans do not have any oil!!! all the cities need plane factories and tank factories built.. this is a pathetic attempt.. Why would u even bother making such an accurate mod and mess it up so bad!! America also declares war in 1940 and tons of british commandos land in norway.. all this on the very second turn...

the most eastern city is berlin??.. AND where is Koenigsburg? or Memel? no Warsaw?? nothing.. just a huge empty area... this is a biased attempt at a ww2 scenario.

too bad i had high hopes this would be a good download.

2/5 stars the units are very well done the option for techs and buildings are amazing but its un playable as the allies are super over powerd and the germans get gimped from the start (no oil, not enough resources,lack of cities, lack of military units, lack of unit strength in comparison to a french unit or balkan/russian unit, and lack of tech points per turn and they start at -180 gold or something so u have to severely cut back on tech tree points)

in 1940 things were going pretty well for the germans unlike in this mod

still needs some work but it has great potential!

we played 3 big PBEM games with Europe scenario (the rest are unfinished/week attempts) and it worked alright. This was my favorite ww2 scenario because of tech tree and overall atmosphere. Germany has synthetic Oil Plant in Shtettin (ever heard of real Oil fields in Germany?) They relayed on Romanian oil. If you just give USA some gold at the start and conduct smart diplomacy they stay away from war, you can even try to spread your ideology there.

check out my PBEM adaptation, I did some changes to add Malta and make map look better

they had oil in romania and norway the baltics and traded with the ottomans.. so why would they not be able to build tanks or planes in 1940... makes no sense.
Why would i have to bribe the americans...

i just dont like the map layout it sucks. this mod needs to be integrated into a map like "road to war" or jon shafers ww1 map and have it continue to the mid 1950s that would be epic

the mod is amazing just the amount of units gold given and cities the Germans have is not right.

i wish i knew how to make these things i have nothing but time on my hands...

This mod would almost make me install BtS again for the first time in 4 years. However, if recall, I had three significant issues that prevented me from replaying:

1. Unbalanced - I started in sept 39 and won by end of 40 (as UK).

2. I completed the tech tree by end of 40 as well.

3. Way too many great persons, esp Merchants.

Have these been addressed in any subsequent versions?

You may want to look at my RTW Historical (see link in my signature)

this mod is soo anti german.. the german army starts with 2 bombers the usa and norway declare war on germany in 1939 this mod is fubar... is there a way to play the mod without the dumb war declarations.. who ever made this mod just so u know this makes no sense and there is no way the germans have a chance... the french and uk infantry are stronger than the german infantry and tanks like please dude why!?!!?

Top Bottom