medic strategies

Carazycool

Warlord
I've only recently started to make sure I always have a medic or two in my army. Took me long enough.

Does anyone have any specific ways that they use medics that they think is pretty nifty?

I often make all my Infantry into medics, given the XP. Usually their promotions either go Drill or Shock, then both Cover, then both Medic. Their job is to soak damage and I make them very, very good at it.

I make my mounted units medics. They are better able to avoid the enemy when they dont' want to fight and so they don't need defensive promotions, and I am able to quickly move them next to the unit I want to heal the fastest.

I beeline range units to +range and multiple attacks. I tend to promote infrantry units up the cover promotion so they can sit next to an enemy city and soak up damage.

The mounted units are hit and run guys and don't benefit as much from any of that so I take them down the medic line. In the early game by "mounted" I mean pikes, because they will become lancers... so early game swords are cover and pikes are medic.

Also by making it always the mounted units I don't have to click through units to figure out which unit is the medic -- the mounted unit is the medic.

I generally avoid the medic promotion, as I'd rather have logistics or march first. When the late game rolls around I will give medic to my antiair guns, and put one inside or next to the city where my bombers are, for extra air repair goodness. Also, by this stage in the game I'll have a few infantry with march, and I'll sprinkle some AA guns in their ranks. I'd rather take siege on my infantry. Siege is amazing.

Top Bottom