Do you think civ 6 will have more depth?

Cristoval

Warlord
Or do you think the sequel will be dumbed down to make way for subsequent expansions to fill in the gaps, like they always do? I think the gaming market has changed where people now expect deep 4x games with the rise in popularity of paradox games with CK2 and EU4. What do you think?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Paradox games are pretty niche compared to the Civ franchise. I'd never heard of them until they were mentioned on the forums not too long ago. Civ, though, is a major franchise, so I think its sales success would be a better gauge of the gaming market.

I have CK2 and if Civ 6 goes that far into the weeds without a really good tutorial, I'll be as screwed as I was when I tried to learn CK2. Personally, I like my depth in the medium to medium-high range... like between 5 and 7 out of 10 if you use a numbers system.

IMO, I think Civ 6 should have options for 3-4 (automation and the like) but be a 6 or so.

I expect Civ 6 to be more "streamlined" as has been the trend for all games in the last decade. It would appear this generation of gamers prefer less depth and to be honest, I don't mind less depth, as long as there are many different ways to use synergy to win. The only thing I hope is that they don't make the game feel like it is playing for me, which is a trend I've seen more and more recently.

I expect Civ 6 to be more "streamlined" as has been the trend for all games in the last decade. It would appear this generation of gamers prefer less depth and to be honest, I don't mind less depth, as long as there are many different ways to use synergy to win. The only thing I hope is that they don't make the game feel like it is playing for me, which is a trend I've seen more and more recently.

exactly what I was about to put. Developers are trying to broaden their base, which normally means streamline everything. I hate playing CIV 5 and it jumping my screen around from moving workers and scouts. At 1 point I'm like, "OK, do you want to just play by yourself, or may I join in?"

If I get better diplomacy I'll be happy.

I want to say 'Make peace with X or I will DOW you' and have the AI know whats at stake.

Or 'Keep your damn missionaries out of my country or I'll turn your capital into kindling'.

I think civilization 6 will have complaints and people saying that it was an upset but then it will be liked and launched like it usually does.

Top Bottom