Can subs not attack from within cities?

HarryLime

Chieftain
I've got a sub in a city which is blocked in by a bunch of enemy frigates. But I can't make a ranged attack. Why not? Can subs not bombard from within cities? That seems strange.

I've got a sub in a city which is blocked in by a bunch of enemy frigates. But I can't make a ranged attack. Why not? Can subs not bombard from within cities? That seems strange.

Should be able to. Do you possibly have another boat in that city and the no stacking rule is in effect, forcing you to move one or the other?

Is it possible there is a bit of land between you and the ship you are trying to attack? I do not believe subs can fire over land, and perhaps not even over ships.

Is it possible there is a bit of land between you and the ship you are trying to attack? I do not believe subs can fire over land, and perhaps not even over ships.

They can fire over land but not when there's an enemy ship blocking it.

I think that might have been changed so you can't station a sub inside your city and just pick off all ships. At least not if the sub was boguht/built in the city.

Personally I like this because it really sucks to have your well trained fleet eradicated by ONE sub cowardly camping in the city and you can't do crap about it.

I think that might have been changed so you can't station a sub inside your city and just pick off all ships. At least not if the sub was boguht/built in the city.

Personally I like this because it really sucks to have your well trained fleet eradicated by ONE sub cowardly camping in the city and you can't do crap about it.

How is that any different than leaving any other ship in the city?

Well a ship in a city can still fire and rotate its guns, but a sub can`t really manouever in a city and will be in too shallow water to fire torpedos. I don`t think subs should be able to do much in a city at all.

How is that any different than leaving any other ship in the city?

A sub is significantly more powerful vs ships than other ships are. Especially with Wolfpack III promotions.

A sub is significantly more powerful vs ships than other ships are. Especially with Wolfpack III promotions.

Yeah, I don't see that being a justification for coding a sub differently than other ships.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've had mine in a city before and been able to shoot just fine, so I'm guessing there's a different issue.

Top Bottom