[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

One question....Wouldn't it be more appropriate to call the Aborigine civ the Koori, because thats the largest native group to my knowledge in Australia, and I presume thats who your representing with this civ.
Yes, the civ is intended to represent the Australian Aborigines but I tend to stick with the more common, well known name such as with the Native American civs I've included. For Instance I'm going with "Navajo" as opposed to "Dinnehih" such as CIV Gold has done.

Now, having said that, I looked up Koori on Wikipedia and it explains that "Many Indigenous Australians dislike the terms 'Aborigine' and 'Aboriginal' because these terms have been forced on them."

I am not against making a last minute change (very easy to do) so I ask, does anyone else want this changed? Chuggi?

Let me know, I'm still wrapping things up. Thanks.

One question....Wouldn't it be more appropriate to call the Aborigine civ the Koori, because thats the largest native group to my knowledge in Australia, and I presume thats who your representing with this civ.

Nobody's really heard of the individual groups because there's too many to list.. apart from the Torres Strait islanders, because they are significantly different. I'd just keep the "Aborigines" name.

Honestly it's a little unrealistic having these guys as a civ in the first place, because in RL they never got past the first turn (in civ)... :lol: they remained nomads, never built any cities, roads, farms etc... the only techs they ever researched were hunting and mysticism. :lol:

Here's a swordsman and a spearman, Amra.. I spent more time on them so they're of a higher quality than the warriors. :D

Swordsman uses Jaguar animations, the spearman uses Impi animations.

Attachments

• Aborigines.zip
    135.8 KB · Views: 142
Hi, looks like a very good mod and I was looking forward to playing it. Was, of course, being the key word. For some reason I randomly crash to desktop within 5 seconds of starting a new game. If it helps, I'm playing mostly using custom game and I edited several unit stats. Any idea why it would do this? :confused:

Edit: Also, if it helps, I'm running Warlords on 2.13. Perhaps that's the problem?

Edit Edit: Ok, I see that it IS the problem. Any way to roll back?

That's an interesting idea that I would need to consider more. I'm not a python programmer; most of my talent, if you can call it that, lies in making new civs & LH's. I think I've seen a few mods here that have changed the way forts work and I will look into them for the full version of my modpack.

Thanks for the comments & helpful suggestions. :goodjob:

well i find a mod that has a similar effect:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=243427

But the link is broken.... Not sure about the commander unit on the mod though.... but the basic idea is good, and adding it or something similar to your mod would be really good!

EDIT: btw Amra just been looking through some older posts and found this one: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=220374
did you ever do that rip? and was it for bts? :)

Nobody's really heard of the individual groups because there's too many to list.. apart from the Torres Strait islanders, because they are significantly different. I'd just keep the "Aborigines" name.

Honestly it's a little unrealistic having these guys as a civ in the first place, because in RL they never got past the first turn (in civ)... :lol: they remained nomads, never built any cities, roads, farms etc... the only techs they ever researched were hunting and mysticism. :lol:

Here's a swordsman and a spearman, Amra.. I spent more time on them so they're of a higher quality than the warriors. :D

LOL true. I always like Civs to have a name though. Its alright I guess however.

Thanks for the input & I think I will keep the name as is at this point.

Terrific units Chuggi! Thanks again.

Hi, looks like a very good mod and I was looking forward to playing it. Was, of course, being the key word. For some reason I randomly crash to desktop within 5 seconds of starting a new game. If it helps, I'm playing mostly using custom game and I edited several unit stats. Any idea why it would do this? :confused:

Edit: Also, if it helps, I'm running Warlords on 2.13. Perhaps that's the problem?

Sorry but the different version is the problem & I'm not aware of any way to roll back your Warlords version, nor would I really recommend it. If you have BtS, there are some good mods out there such as Chiyu's Extra mod or MarnzMod which is not being updated anymore but I believe it runs on BtS 3.13

I actually don't have Warlords installed anymore and am working on getting everything running on BtS. It is taking me a little while longer than other modders because I stopped modding for about 7-8 months and only came back to it a few months ago.

You can only go back with a reinstall of Warlords....you don't have to do plain Civ however.

Okay everyone,

Amra v3 Basic has been posted at this link:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=267748

Please let me know if you encounter any problems as I just did not have enough time to test it as much as I would have liked. I think it is all okay but I am only human. :crazyeye:

Hi,

i tried to play CIV after a few month once again. I don't have BTS yet, so i still play warlords.
I play 2.08, as commended

I really like the mod and so i would like to play with it as before. I've downloaded the version 2.10a on the first post and if i try to load it it does as normal.
But there are no changes exept of the name "amra's modpack version..." is written in the corner on the starting screen.
No new civs, no units, absolutly nothing.
This problem seems to be familiar to me, but i can't remember exactly and don't know how i fixed it before.
Would be nice if someone could tell me how to fix it. It might be important to know that i use german language in game, but it doesn't make any difference if i change the it

If found a post of amra that solved my problem:

Check to see what directory it is installed in. If the screen text in the corner is saying "Amra's ALH mod V1.52" then you may have accidentally extracted it to "Mods\Amra's ALH mod V1.52\Amra's ALH Modpack" as that text will usually be the folder name the mod is in.

Top Bottom