[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Chalid said:
In this case Kael will have to release very late, as his conscience will not allow him to keep others from working. So now all know if it is late Aeon221 will be to blame.

It will probably be released at about 3pm EST.

Hmm.. Now I'm in a complex.. Do I start playing FFH2 which looks awsome.. Or start FFH1... :confused: And Kael. Your the best! :goodjob: As I looooved AOW with a passion, and you managed to bridge AOW and CIV4 to an extent, its like every fantasy strategy gamers dream. :king:

Thats just great. Thanks a lot Aeon! :p
Oh what do I care, I won't be able to play this because I won't be near my desktop for a while. :cry:

I just read the latest sucession teaser game (a Perpentach game, woohoo!) and some of the unique Belseraphs buildings sound freaking hilarious. I was just curious what effects things like Freak Shows and People Pens had?

Kael said:
It will probably be released at about 3pm EST.

That's fine. I'll probably be home some time later but with a bit of luck the initial download frenzy will be over and the links will be pretty much usable ;)

I'll ask again... Is there going to be 1kb music version? Not necessarily this release, but is it planned?

And the races planned for later stages - will they appear in the recent version and be remade later on or won't they be here?

And why do elves have three leaders while some of the others have only one?

Not that I'll stop bugging you but I've just realised I'm pretty inquisitive lately.

Cheers

Chalid said:
@Nimai: Start playing FfH1 now. Play it till tomorrow. Play FfH2 for the weekend and play FfH1 tehreafter until a finished Version of FfH2 - Light is released. :)
Hmm good idea Chalid :D Well I better get playing.. Wasted precious FFH minutes already! hehe. And let me rephrase before.. Good Job Team FFH you guys rock! :goodjob: *disappears for a month mysteriously* [civ4]

Chammadai said:
That's fine. I'll probably be home some time later but with a bit of luck the initial download frenzy will be over and the links will be pretty much usable ;)

I'll ask again... Is there going to be 1kb music version? Not necessarily this release, but is it planned?

I'll remove them and see hwo much difference it make in the download size (the files actually get compressed twice when they are packed) if there is a significant difference I may most a non-music version.

And the races planned for later stages - will they appear in the recent version and be remade later on or won't they be here?

No plans for other races except for an idea Chalid has bouncing around in his crazy head, but I dont know when or if that will implemented.

And why do elves have three leaders while some of the others have only one?

Hmm.. I dont know. Im not a fan of patterns so I have no desire to make every civ have a matching number of leaders or anything like that. I just added leaders where i thought they were needed. I guess for the elves I wanted an arcane, spiritual and military leader so you could play them in any of those forms.

Kael said:
I'll remove them and see hwo much difference it make in the download size (the files actually get compressed twice when they are packed) if there is a significant difference I may most a non-music version.
Music files don't compress - they already have very good compression. If there's alot of music (and it sounds like there might be), then I'm guessing the size will plummit.

The Great Apple said:
Does this mean you're going to make the forum public now?

Yeap, Thunderfall is going to turn the forum public.

PriestOfDiscord said:
Thats just great. Thanks a lot Aeon! :p
Oh what do I care, I won't be able to play this because I won't be near my desktop for a while. :cry:

I just read the latest sucession teaser game (a Perpentach game, woohoo!) and some of the unique Belseraphs buildings sound freaking hilarious. I was just curious what effects things like Freak Shows and People Pens had?

Freak Shows give great artist points and allow you make human, elven, dwarven and orcish slaves into the pen attractions (similiar to how animals are handled for the other civs). Because the Balseraphs can pen people and animals they have the most effective carnivals, and an amazing culture force if they fill one up.

Does this mean you're going to make the forum public now?

Yes. Given the amazing level of activity that's been in just one official thread so far, though, we shudder to think what you will do when faced with 30 threads:)

About the new forum...please read first, post second. :) A lot of stuff will eventually be explained if you keep reading. Plus, it's great fun to do while at work!

woodelf said:
About the new forum...please read first, post second. :) A lot of stuff will eventually be explained if you keep reading. Plus, it's great fun to do while at work!
You should make a sticky saying that...

The Great Apple said:
You should make a sticky saying that...

Theres a sticky, but it mostly covers snacks and the pool Kraken.

Sticky the part about reading at work. That gets bosses off of your back. If they don't like it then they get rubbed down by Gary Coleman and fed to the Kraken. ;)

Kael said:
No plans for other races except for an idea Chalid has bouncing around in his crazy head, but I dont know when or if that will implemented.

I think the question was really.. those races/civs that show to be released in Shadow/Fire/Etc( Light is your initial release right?)... will they be in the initial Beta in some form, or not at all until those later releases?

Cheers!

BlazeRedSXT said:
I think the question was really.. those races/civs that show to be released in Shadow/Fire/Etc( Light is your initial release right?)... will they be in the initial Beta in some form, or not at all until those later releases?

Cheers!

Ahh. They are in as non-human playable. They haven't had much done with them so they play much like a FfH1 civ, but we didn't see any reason not to include them.

Kael said:

I meant the Illians, for example, who appeared in a succession game but are supposed to be introduced during the Ice phase. And I demand a merchant civ :p They could concentrate on the money making aspect of the Runes and always playing it safe, trying to support whoever seems to be most worth supporting (in terms of their profits, of course). Heh, just an idea, though I don't think it suits your vision...

Kael said:
Hmm.. I dont know. Im not a fan of patterns so I have no desire to make every civ have a matching number of leaders or anything like that. I just added leaders where i thought they were needed. I guess for the elves I wanted an arcane, spiritual and military leader so you could play them in any of those forms.

While I understand the lack of need for making patterns I still think it may be limiting. Since the elves have the most leaders to choose from they will probably tend to be most versatile and be the most picked up race while others won't ever change and will act the same all the times... But honestly, I'm just not very fond of elves ;)

Top Bottom