[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

i never couuld have imagined you would have included this many units...

how do the unique leaders work? is sort of like civ 3 where units win and then become that? or are there points for it or something?

@Strategyonly- we cleaned up up alot of of the previous code and it was runnig very well before we added the SDK Religion and Raze City Mod. We took a litle performce hit when we did that but even though we haven't play a whole game through the performance for most of it was just fine and we are looking at cleaning up this code to to increase the performance for a patch installment.

We didn't want to hold up the Release any longer so are counting on this wonderful community to help us find some of the issues it still has. Please report back any Bugs and other issues you might experience in the game. I would also appreciate some feedback on how the flow of the game is with the different Civ's through out the Era's. You should be able to research most of the Tech in the particular time alotted but not all and you should also not have cannons in the Classical Era so it should take you most of the appionted turns to get to a particular Era.

Enjoy.............:thumbsup:

P.S. Watch your back as the Barbs and AI are vicious..... :borg:

Well guys, downloading the mod has suddenly prompted me to do a little thingie I've been up to a long ago - I've up and reskinned your Teutonic knight to make it look a bit more... Teutonic. Fleur-de-Lys is not exactly the symbol of the order, so I replaced it with Teutonic cross. Hope you like it.

Hope to see a functional multiplayer (at least hotseat) soon.

Attachments

• Teutonic.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 420
Rabbit said:
Looks great Houman. :thumbsup:

I especially like the idea of taking several turns to raze a city. Is that available as a separate mod, or is it something unique to TR?

Thanks Rabbit. This mod got so big meanwhile it is way not a one-man-project anymore. Honestly without the Team this would never have been possible.

12Monkey is working for us as Free lancer since he didn't want to join the team as a whole member. Sometimes we have visions after a good meal or lack of sex and tell him our ideas and he tries as best as he can to make them come true.

RazeCity (SDK) was the first one. After he asked us to make this Mod components public, which is was ok with us. You can find the mod component in the Mod Components forum.

The Second Mod "ReligionMod" (SDK) has never been released before. Even we don't have it as a seperate mod, since it is a merged one of RazeMod and ReligionMod + our SDK stuff.

Greetz
Houmie

Walter Hawkwood said:
Well guys, downloading the mod has suddenly prompted me to do a little thingie I've been up to a long ago - I've up and reskinned your Teutonic knight to make it look a bit more... Teutonic. Fleur-de-Lys is not exactly the symbol of the order, so I replaced it with Teutonic cross. Hope you like it.

Hope to see a functional multiplayer (at least hotseat) soon.

Very good observation. Indeed this Teutonic Knight has been manipulated...two version ago by my bare hands. :D

It is a huge problem having Units with religious sign on them. What if the history went differently and let say the Germans were Buddhists instead of Christians? Would their Teutonic knight have the cross on their dress? At that time I have no idea what to do and just replaced his cross against a Fleur-de-Lys. :D

There is no unit with religious symbols in TotalRealism Mod but one. Because of laziness.....who can guess which one it is? ;)

Regards
Houman

Houman said:
...12Monkey is working for us as Free lancer since he didn't want to join the team as a whole member. Sometimes we have visions after a good meal or lack of sex and tell him our ideas and he tries as best as he can to make them come true....

Does that mean I have to choose to be a hamburger or a sex-toy? ;)

Who says a hamburger can't BE a sex-toy? :hmm: :mischief: :vomit:

VERY NICE :goodjob:
just d\l started works fine
has your new interesting ideas as well as some of the best of others
will play though see what i find \
have already found this however ?
shouldn't there be a figure on this horse ?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 2,015
i hurried up and played it, instead of doing more important things, i love the music gives it a more ethnic or tribal or cultural feel to the game

Brave Sir Robin said:
VERY NICE :goodjob:
just d\l started works fine
has your new interesting ideas as well as some of the best of others
will play though see what i find \
have already found this however ?
shouldn't there be a figure on this horse ?

:lol: That looks fantastic. I just checked the files. It is no bug, just a 'weird' feature. As you can see your horse has lost some hitpoints, which indicates that your scout has been in a battle. Unfortunatelly your Scout has died, but his horse is still alive and carry an the job. Let your horse heal few rounds and the scout shall come back. :D

We got new units from Rabbit white, we might change the scouts for next version then.

The work is remarkable!

But here is some remarks:
It'll be good to add some helicopters(plenty of them were done here) and planes for all nations.
It's strange that middle-eastern, african and etc civilizations have russian t-72? but russia doesn't have it... Maybe t-80 will be a suggestion.

I'll post some more after playing it on...

Spartan117 said:
i hurried up and played it, instead of doing more important things, i love the music gives it a more ethnic or tribal or cultural feel to the game

I am glad you like it. :) I have borrowed the sound track of a famous Iranian Movie (2004) about the beginning of Iran-Irak war. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_(Iranian_film)

Houman said:
Sometimes we have visions after [...] lack of sex...
So basically you're saying you get tons of visions... :rotfl:

Just kidding :joke:

Nightravn said:
Who says a hamburger can't BE a sex-toy?
Way way! too much info Nightravn. :D

brilliant guys !! gonna have to try it ... when I find the time :)

Houman said:
Very good observation. Indeed this Teutonic Knight has been manipulated...two version ago by my bare hands. :D

It is a huge problem having Units with religious sign on them. What if the history went differently and let say the Germans were Buddhists instead of Christians? Would their Teutonic knight have the cross on their dress? At that time I have no idea what to do and just replaced his cross against a Fleur-de-Lys. :D

There is no unit with religious symbols in TotalRealism Mod but one. Because of laziness.....who can guess which one it is? ;)

Treasure galleon?

You have very good reasons there, but to my mind, first of all, the very same cross later became symbol of Prussia and, even later, of united Germany, and as such is not tied to religion that strongly (and both A7V and German biplane have crosses on them too). So I tend to view it as a heraldic, not religious symbol. Just as England is always having st. George's cross on their flag all the time, despite not being christian most of the time.

Still, if you have a policy on that stuff, then it's OK. BTW, if Germans were Buddhists, would they have crusading religious orders? ;)

SoI said:
The work is remarkable!

But here is some remarks:
It'll be good to add some helicopters(plenty of them were done here) and planes for all nations.
It's strange that middle-eastern, african and etc civilizations have russian t-72? but russia doesn't have it... Maybe t-80 will be a suggestion.

I'll post some more after playing it on...

The problem lies in that each unit type can only have one UU. We still had the Ukranian T84 and didn;t know what to do with it. So the Russians got it. Since most middle eastern countries have the T72, so we gave T72 to them.

You are right about Helis. We have implemented plenty of new Submarines but no new choppers. They will come with a new functionality. (It is already finished we still have to test it)

Helicopters would be able to land on Carriers and on Forts. They are able to go on Ocean tiles and hunt Submarines.

We will implement 2 or 3 new types of Choppers in the next patch. We got the F15 though. ;)

I am new to Civ 4, I like this Mod so far, but what is the tile for where it looks like a baton being handed off? Thanks for any help.

Houman said:
The problem lies in that each unit type can only have one UU.
What do you mean??
In my Ethnically Diverse Units mod, there are several "UUs" for each type of unit, they are not true UUs because their stats are exactly the same but it's still the same mechanic - i.e several Civs have a different version of the same unit.

Top Bottom