[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

I have 1.61 installed but the mod installer setup loads to 100% and then it says 'This mod requires Civ 4 1.61 patch' and then nothing happens. Suggestions?

Cai said:
I have 1.61 installed but the mod installer setup loads to 100% and then it says 'This mod requires Civ 4 1.61 patch' and then nothing happens. Suggestions?

Search the thread.

Alternatively: Download the fixed installer, read the installation instructions and go play.

Ty for getting back to all of us so quickly. Yet those little square icons across the middle of our screens what do they do? I cant find any info on them? Also it does seem to matter if I load the Mod or Map 1st I tried and they both seem to work good. Yet I did clear the cache anyways and did what you said. So what are those icons for now?

Also I have the following

2.4 Ghz PIV
1 Gig Ram
256 Meg ATI Raddeon 9550
Dell Computer

Should the Earth map work ok? Are you going to make a slightly smaller version of it also?

Civtroy said:
Ty for getting back to all of us so quickly. Yet those little square icons across the middle of our screens what do they do? I cant find any info on them? Also it does seem to matter if I load the Mod or Map 1st I tried and they both seem to work good. Yet I did clear the cache anyways and did what you said. So what are those icons for now?

Also I have the following

2.4 Ghz PIV
1 Gig Ram
256 Meg ATI Raddeon 9550
Dell Computer

Should the Earth map work ok? Are you going to make a slightly smaller version of it also?

The earth map should work acceptable for you. Those buttons are from the Plotlist Enhancement Mod, go and check out the readme in the inclusions folder for their purpose.

@Beschallung - Thanks for pointing out this issue and posting it in the bug tracker. could you please update your comments with your other findings as it will help in the squashing process. And thanks for replying to Civtroy for us.:)

@Jeppson - I believe you have experienced a slave revolt. Were you running the slavery Civic at the time? If you read my response to Fr8monkey in post 93 it explains it more. As for the issue with the culture not expanding it is a bug that we think is with the culture decay mod and we are trying to get fixed for a patch. It happens when a city cultures drops to zero and there are no culture producing building left once the city comes out of unrest. If the city has a religion or some type of culture producing building it wont be an issue. If you don't want to use the worldbuilder to fix this until we have a patch then I suggest building Stonehenge and later in the game have missionaries ready for deployment in a newly captured city.

@Civtroy - I don't plan on making a smaller World Map as that would make it impossibly crowded but the Europe one is a little bit smaller in dimension and you can always use a Random map with this Mod.

Beschallung said:
The earth map should work acceptable for you. Those buttons are from the Plotlist Enhancement Mod, go and check out the readme in the inclusions folder for their purpose.

Ty you very much for taking the time to explain that.

obviously i'm ******ed here.....i don't get the instructions for installation directories seem to have no "cache" folder

dernnnnk

Nightravn said:
@Beschallung - Thanks for pointing out this issue and posting it in the bug tracker. could you please update your comments with your other findings as it will help in the squashing process. And thanks for replying to Civtroy for us.:)

Sure thing.

/e: Done.

I have a prob, Everything installs just fine, when I go to load the mod it gets to the xml part of loading and just stops. And sais error send the error or not. I want to try the new version plz help.THANKS

@Drew,

As said in the installation, delete your cache, restart your computer start the game, if error, click on ok, and start the game again this time without cleaning the cache.

Read Page 3 for more info

Regards
Houman

Jeppson said:
I played a game as the japanese on the world map.

Maybe this is not a bug but barbarians are spawning inside my borders right next to my cities.

This one happened once. After conquering a barbarian city and after the unrest was over the city didnt get its nine square to work on, so the city starved from 6 to 1 and when it reach one it gained its nine squares.

Conquering a city now eliminates it's old culture it seems. You need to found a religeon in there or pop in an obelisk very quickly if you plan on keeping the city.

I however am an angry despot and prefer razing a city to the ground and founding a fresh, clean city ready to go. Well ok unless it has a useful wonder then I'll let the pit of foriegn despair exist within my borders tainting somewhat my cultural purity.

Hard to believe I'm a community outreach director by day? :lol:

joshuakira said:
obviously i'm ******ed here.....i don't get the instructions for installation directories seem to have no "cache" folder

dernnnnk

You must goto file options and put on view all files and folders. Then goto C:Drive and then My Documents Folder. Then look for the Applications Data folder and under there you will find the Civ4 folder. Under that you will find the Cache folder you need to delete.

Good luck! :)

Pisces said:
Conquering a city now eliminates it's old culture it seems. You need to found a religeon in there or pop in an obelisk very quickly if you plan on keeping the city.

I however am an angry despot and prefer razing a city to the ground and founding a fresh, clean city ready to go. Well ok unless it has a useful wonder then I'll let the pit of foriegn despair exist within my borders tainting somewhat my cultural purity.

Hard to believe I'm a community outreach director by day? :lol:
yes, we already know about this bug as mentioned before .... it will be addressed in next patch (together with adjusting merc and resolving religion bug)

Civtroy said:
You must goto file options and put on view all files and folders. Then goto C:Drive and then My Documents Folder. Then look for the Applications Data foler and under there you will find the Civ4 Folder. Under that you will find the Cache folder you need to delete.

Good luck! :)
hmm..maybe in next patch i will also create shortcut for delete cache..it seems to be much addressed problem :)

Mexico said:
hmm..maybe in next patch i will also create shortcut for delete cache..it seems to be much addressed problem :)

So how long till the patch? No point in playing if its bugged. I want to play so hurry up! :)>

I'm confused about the deletion of the custom assets folder. What if I want to keep mods like Enhanced Domestic and Foreign Advisors for games when I'm not using this mod?

OK SWEET JOB!! Def. some problems with the C++ code, if you want to send me the files u are using i can take a look at the performance issues. However i cant compile them right now... frustrating.. The 'bug' when capturing a city i think should stay. Throughout history no one has just captured a city and started producing from it. (Couple exceptions here and there) Also it is makes for more strategic gameplay when capturing cities. Awesome job guys best mod and map i have seen so far.

Question: Do people read???? seriously , same five questions came up every other post as i read through the 6 pages.. took 5 minutes....

"I however am an angry despot and prefer razing a city to the ground and founding a fresh, clean city ready to go. Well ok unless it has a useful wonder then I'll let the pit of foriegn despair exist within my borders tainting somewhat my cultural purity." Hillarious Pisces

This mod is proving to be absolutely fantastic. Europe is gradually falling to me, and the inclusion of the mercenary mod, well. Ive never had so much gold in this stage in the game. I too would like more affordable lvl 3-5 mercenaries, but you can afford the lvl 15 and twenties if you offer a number of your units to foreign powers. Last night i was Spain taking Assyria and Babylon with a samurai horse archer! I wonder how much i will get for conquistadors?

So if the mercenary mod is changed and made more usable, could we make the level range from lvl 1 to insanely powerful. I still like the option of burning an entire treasury on one unit. :lol: Perhaps lvl 2-3 should be most common, because mercenaries should have some experience.

Top Bottom