[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

Welcome back, Amra. Your mod dramatically expands the scope of the game, to the point where it is a ton more fun - thanks!

Some minor stuff.

1. Is it possible to turn off the allegiance stuff? Or even better, patch it so
that barbarian animals don't get captured?

2. The picture for Alexander Fleming has a typo - 'wehat' instead of 'what'.

3. I finished a game yesterday, cut the map size to large hoping to avoid the
CTD problem. When I completed research on 'Composites' a screen popped up:

Icon loading error

Msg was 'Icon size mismatch. 64 size is only allowed by the city indicator compositor'.

I clicked OK and continued, so a very minor issue. I looked then at the
completed research screen, and noticed that where the units I could now
build are displayed, the Merkava picture was a few pixels larger than the others and didn't have rounded corners, probably the culprit.
(Obviously I was playing the Israeli's, this is UU for them replacing
modern armor).

I am SO glad you found the CTD problem! Time to download the fix!

Thanks again, Alondin

PS - Patch installed, my previously exploding save game now runs. Thanks!!!
PPS - In the patch, Keshik and Keshik Archer are the two Mongolian unique units,
both with strength of 6??? Something seems wrong....

Alondin, Master of the Obvioius

Amra, i downloaded your patch and installed it, ran my saved game, but it still crashed.

gutted.

im going to start a new game, so fingers crossed... i dont think i can face into another new game, but looks like ive no choice...

Mithris said:
Yes, I play marathon when I play on large+ maps.

I am on a large map currently. I can upload it if you'd like. Though it will be a bit delayed research wise due to many many wars. The chinook bug is visible in this game as well.

I use a map script to generate maps so I can't really say I'm on one of them. Though this one seems to be 75% land or so, which would contribute to higher research. There were also 16 civs in this game, but many are dead.

Btw, How do I attach a save game?

In the reply section there is upload option if you scroll down to the bottom you will find it. I think it has to be matching the file extensions they like. ANd I think it may prefer zip over rar though I could be wrong.

I am in a multiplayer game with around 1762 and I am just barely into gunpowder (I have been focuusing on wonders and culture lol)on smartmap. I dont have an overabundance of resources since i am on smaller continents but some here or there so it doesnt seem out of balance. I imagine though once you have the majority of the map and control more land your science goes crazy powerful. What I like about having some human oppnents is that you just cant go and take everything over so fast because the human player is no cpu and there are human politics to consider also. And the territory is harder to come by since it is more challanging to take over the human player

When I get to industrial age I will try the Chinooks. I havent tried the update patch Amra put out since I already had to strip the interface to get it to work on all the vid cards.

niall777,

do you have a save game? plz post it and i will fix it for you.

i am working on a new version of amra -with my 5uu mod+dale.

**amra**

say,
if i wont update the dip;omacyinfo on the interface folder,
and add some new civs, what will be the cause of it?

Arma, your mod is awesome, so much adding to the gaming experience, one thing i did notice is that, when i build a Chinook it has unlimited experience and when i tell it to explore the game freezes

I had the same problem with the Chinook, unlimited experience and game freezes when I try and move it, any fixes for it? right now I just don't use it.

got a ctd with smartmap, agressive AI, 18 civ in a tiny map(for fun lol), a lot of crazy configurations in smartmap(but I already did it before in warlords vanilla and no ctd) and with japan..it did ctd after 5 turns or so :/ Even with your patch installed!

Alondin said:
Welcome back, Amra. Your mod dramatically expands the scope of the game, to the point where it is a ton more fun - thanks!

Some minor stuff.

1. Is it possible to turn off the allegiance stuff? Or even better, patch it so
that barbarian animals don't get captured?

2. The picture for Alexander Fleming has a typo - 'wehat' instead of 'what'.

3. I finished a game yesterday, cut the map size to large hoping to avoid the
CTD problem. When I completed research on 'Composites' a screen popped up:

Icon loading error

Msg was 'Icon size mismatch. 64 size is only allowed by the city indicator compositor'.

I clicked OK and continued, so a very minor issue. I looked then at the
completed research screen, and noticed that where the units I could now
build are displayed, the Merkava picture was a few pixels larger than the others and didn't have rounded corners, probably the culprit.
(Obviously I was playing the Israeli's, this is UU for them replacing
modern armor).

I am SO glad you found the CTD problem! Time to download the fix!

Thanks again, Alondin

PS - Patch installed, my previously exploding save game now runs. Thanks!!!
PPS - In the patch, Keshik and Keshik Archer are the two Mongolian unique units,
both with strength of 6??? Something seems wrong....

Alondin, Master of the Obvioius
Hey Alondin, Sorry I missed your earlier post on these items. I'll try to respond to them here.

1. I don't believe there is an option in the Unit Allegiance ini file to turn it off. However, if you do not want it in the modpack at all then try using this EventManager.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/86979/CvCustomEventManager_Alondin.rar

Just backup the CvCustomEventManager.py file in the Warlords\Mods\Amra's Modpack v2\Assets\Python directory and then copy the new file into that same directory. This should remove the Unit Allegiance mod from the modpack. I haven't tested it yet so let me know if it gives you any problems. It should work, though. However, it may not be compatible with any save games.

2. Wehat do you maen their iz a mispelld word? Owl ad that two my patch lisst. :D

3. Another thing to look at. :crazyeye: Thanks for pointing it out.

Regarding the Keshik. I think my mind is elsewhere and I need to adjust the stats on one (the Knight). Sorry.:mischief:

To everyone else, I will go thru the other posts and respond to as many as possible in a couple hours. Gotta do some family stuff with my kids now but I will get back online after I get them to bed.

Hey Amra, Great MOD thanks for the hard work.
Any idea when plotlist will be finished?
Thanks again

Davetripd said:
Hey Amra, Great MOD thanks for the hard work.
Any idea when plotlist will be finished?
Thanks again
The PLE Mod gives me odd little errors whenever I try to integrate it into my modpack. I'm not a python expert so I'm not really sure what causes the errors but I do know from reading the PLE thread that 12monkeys was working on fixing about a dozen errors when he disappeared from this forum. I'm not sure if the mod will ever be fixed or updated to Warlords but perhaps TheLopez will take it on eventually.

If anyone wants to try my modpack with the PLE mod, I actually have included the files in the main Version 2 download. You just have to rename a couple files first.

Rename
Warlords\Mods\Amra's Modpack v2\PlotListEnhancements.ini_backup
To
Warlords\Mods\Amra's Modpack v2\PlotListEnhancements.ini

And then rename
Warlords\Mods\Amra's Modpack v2\Assets\Python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py_PLE
To
Warlords\Mods\Amra's Modpack v2\Assets\Python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py

If you want to change back to no PLE mod, then use the CvMainInterface.py_No_PLE file (rename it first) located in the same directory.

Be aware that I wasn't getting any error messages and it appeared to work for a while until I ordered a Great Prophet to sleep and then tried to awaken him a few turns later. I could not do so until I removed the PLE mod component so I left the modpack without the PLE mod.

Like I said, though, if anyone wants to try using the PLE mod then please do (the files are included). I just can't offer any support or advice on how to fix any problems with it. Sorry.

Okay, I'll try to get thru as many posts & replies as I can here.

jollyroger3 said:
I can build Coal Power Plant without Electricity :mischief:
Could you fix it in next patch ?
As far as I can remember, I did not mess with the Coal Power Plant and I believe Firaxis has it set up to require the "Assembly Line" tech which can be researched prior to Electricity so you are correct but I don't have any plans to change that.

However, if you would like to it is fairly simple and can be done in Notepad. Just open the "CIV4BuildingInfos.xml" file located in my modpack's Assets\XML\Buildings directory.

Search for "BUILDING_COAL_PLANT" then scroll down a little until you see "TECH_ASSEMBLY_LINE" and change that to "TECH_ELECTRICITY"

Make sure you use all caps as I have done above.

strategyonly said:
Is there anyway, you could put a date by the "MODs name or Download" area that way "WE" know when this MOD had been revised/updated, just my opinion? Good MOD btw:goodjob:
Good idea, already done.

rockinroger said:
got a game going, everything seems to be working fine, no crashes. i noticed one thing that i think is specific to warlords. it seems to me that the great general is underpowered. i had 3 great generals leading the troops, all 3 went down to inferior units. it almost seems that they have to be protected. just my 2 cents worth, thanks
Glad to hear no crashes since the patch. Hopefully there are no more gamestopping errors. You are right about your Great General observation being specific to Warlords as I only added more GG names & artwork for the GP mod.

niall777 said:
Amra, i downloaded your patch and installed it, ran my saved game, but it still crashed.

im going to start a new game, so fingers crossed... i dont think i can face into another new game, but looks like ive no choice...
As much as I hate to say it (it means more work), let me know if you have any more crashes with the new game. Also, if possible, post a savegame file. That can sometimes help me.

flamingzaroc121 said:
...your mod is awesome, so much adding to the gaming experience, one thing i did notice is that, when i build a Chinook it has unlimited experience and when i tell it to explore the game freezes
Yeah, sorry about that. There is a known problem with the Chinook. Not sure what the cause is yet but I'm trying to find some time to work on a patch. For now, try not to use it.

agoodfella said:
Amra, for your patch,

do i replace the Sounds folder in the original Mods subfolder Assets?
Yes, just overwrite the modpack's original files. I'm a little slow in responding so you may have figured that out already. :mischief:

Arlborn said:
got a ctd with smartmap, agressive AI, 18 civ in a tiny map(for fun lol), a lot of crazy configurations in smartmap(but I already did it before in warlords vanilla and no ctd) and with japan..it did ctd after 5 turns or so :/ Even with your patch installed!
Hmm.. That may be something to do with Smartmap. Someone else pointed out that they had problems using smartmap with my modpack. I really like Smartmap so I'm hoping it is something that can be worked out.

Well, that's it for now. I'll check back as often as I can but I am finding that other things including family are taking up more of my time these days. About the only thing Civ4 oriented that I am doing right now is trying to work on another patch for this modpack that addresses many of the issues (including the chinook) that have been brought to my attention.

hey amra,

thanks for the post in my thread,

bout your chinook,

if you wish, you can use ine of the units i made its in our merged mod, i have 4 types there, so you may use it,

but i included the flying mod by roger becon so the choper can fly above water,
if you wish you can make he chopers domain to be "NONE" and it will work i think just the same (havnt tryed it though).

also mrgenie, fixed the problem with your added statistics - on air units, you get a python error, mrgenie fixed it.

we will see what we can do with the plot list.

thanks amra of cimmeria!

Amra said:
Hmm.. That may be something to do with Smartmap. Someone else pointed out that they had problems using smartmap with my modpack. I really like Smartmap so I'm hoping it is something that can be worked out.

Hum, I'm playing again already almost half way of the game and no ctd :p The only tihng I changed is that I changed the smartmap crazy options to a normal one :p But they usually worked with vanilla >.<

woohoo the patch worked!!

and i have to say, its a truely amazing play, your mod pack. really improves the game 10 fold.

only problem was rubber. or the lack there of. there was none on the first game i played after patching. which cut alot of the units out of the game,
going to start another game now, and see if it happends again.

once more, great job :)

Really liking the mod thus far!

My only problem is, well, the lack of difference between some of the UUs and the apparent superiority some UBs have - for instance, Austria:
The Austrian rifleman (K.u.K. Infantrie) is identical in every way to the Red Coat and the German's Panzer is completely outclassed by the Leopard 2 (which, coming into service in the 70s according to the 'pedia, seems ill-placed amongst tanks from the 40s.).
Likewise, the Stele and Cromlech share the same structure whilst the former gives an extra +1 Happiness, +1 Culture at a slight extra cost and the latter only a +1 Culture.

Now, I really do think the mod if fantastic but these things severely irk me at times.

niall777 said:
only problem was rubber. or the lack there of. there was none on the first game i played after patching. which cut alot of the units out of the game,
going to start another game now, and see if it happends again.

once more, great job :)

Having the same problem in my game: rubber is completely missing and there are only 3 sources of sulphur (for 7 civs) - and all of those are on a different continent... So that did cut quite a lot of units out for me...

Other than that, really a great mod! :king:

Top Bottom