World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

wow. just wow.

beutyful art work on the tech screen and such,

very comprehencive mod,

must have beed off alot of work to do all the art, buttons and such.
and the technologies them selfs. very original.

wonderfull work,
keep it up,

from one modder to another.

Sorry to tell you this, but I cannot play your game at all, the reason why I can't play your mod is because this mod lags every time I end the turn. It lag so bad that I thought it will destroy my computer (which I don't want to do yet)

My two cents:
1939 Scenario
- Costs: technology, building and unit costs are way too high
-- Time: 1 week = 1 turn would fit to current costs
- Victory conditions: create different unique and historical victory conditions for each nation/team. You can ask Rhye about this. It was insane to achieve diplomatic victory in August '42 while playing Germany, score almost 1 Million.
- Nations and alliances: please create more civs. This Nation League thing is horrible. At least Spain, Greece, Turkey, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslawia, Egypt and Iraque are needed. Iraque and Egypt as vassals of Britain. Create preassigned alliances like Britain/France/Greece and later after the fall of Paris remove France and add Poland and also create Germany/Italy/Romania. After the fall of Paris France should become a german vassal and all french european cities should become german. Beirut should from now on attend to Free France, which is just added in-game as a new civ. Paasky handled that well in his mod. Same for fall of England.
- Cities: Please rework the buildings in cities. Preset factories and everything that has already been built that time. I think every city needs rework. You cannot go to war while building up your basic infrastructure.
- Additional wonders: What about event triggered wonders like the "Atlantikwall" or the "Ostwall"? Just like the great wall. If certain cities are captured the buildings will be available. A WWII style border defence line was published some days ago in the graphics section.
- Backgrounds: the images are great! But it is weird to look at some screens, because the information gets lost. All backgrounds in black and white would also look very nice. Also the blue interface colour doesn't fit to the mod.
- Remove or change United Nations. An agreement not to built nuclear weapons in 1940 makes no sense, remove diplomatic victory
- Mussolini: He has some red spots on his head
- Russian Waffen SS??? How come? I got attacked by those!?
- Infantry IV in many neutral cities just in the beginning? Impossible to conquer.
- Make USA stay neutral until '41 or certain events.
- Gibraltar was under american control
- Germany has no state religion in the beginning
- Germany should have Blitzkrieg in the beginning, when I researched this tech, the whole war was just over.
- Fill empty places on map with cities (Turkey, Iraque, East Russia, Finland), settlers founded way too many new cities.
- Weird promotions for preset units. They just have proms which same later built units cannot get.
- Settler in central Germany cannot build Wolfsburg due to minimum distance to other cities.
- Please find a german translator!!
- So much for now

Anyways great start for a mod with great potential!!:goodjob:
New graphics, buildings and units are just amazing!!

My two cents:
1939 Scenario

- Nations and alliances: please create more civs. This Nation League thing is horrible. At least Spain, Greece, Turkey, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslawia, Egypt and Iraque are needed. Iraque and Egypt as vassals of Britain. (DONT FORGET HUNGARY!) Create preassigned alliances like Britain/France/Greece and later after the fall of Paris remove France and add Poland and also create Germany/Italy/HUNGARY/Romania. After the fall of Paris France should become a german vassal and all french european cities should become german. Beirut should from now on attend to Free France, which is just added in-game as a new civ. Paasky handled that well in his mod. Same for fall of England.

Need to add Hungary for sure!

Britain ought to have more of an air force in the 1939 scenario.

Would like to see some of the Hurricane, Spitfire and Lancaster in the RAF stead.

And let me know when the patch is ready...those Sherman Tanks are super killers.

My two cents:
1939 Scenario
- Costs: technology, building and unit costs are way too high
-- Time: 1 week = 1 turn would fit to current costs
- Victory conditions: create different unique and historical victory conditions for each nation/team. You can ask Rhye about this. It was insane to achieve diplomatic victory in August '42 while playing Germany, score almost 1 Million.
- Nations and alliances: please create more civs. This Nation League thing is horrible. At least Spain, Greece, Turkey, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslawia, Egypt and Iraque are needed. Iraque and Egypt as vassals of Britain. Create preassigned alliances like Britain/France/Greece and later after the fall of Paris remove France and add Poland and also create Germany/Italy/Romania. After the fall of Paris France should become a german vassal and all french european cities should become german. Beirut should from now on attend to Free France, which is just added in-game as a new civ. Paasky handled that well in his mod. Same for fall of England.
- Cities: Please rework the buildings in cities. Preset factories and everything that has already been built that time. I think every city needs rework. You cannot go to war while building up your basic infrastructure.
- Additional wonders: What about event triggered wonders like the "Atlantikwall" or the "Ostwall"? Just like the great wall. If certain cities are captured the buildings will be available. A WWII style border defence line was published some days ago in the graphics section.
- Backgrounds: the images are great! But it is weird to look at some screens, because the information gets lost. All backgrounds in black and white would also look very nice. Also the blue interface colour doesn't fit to the mod.
- Remove or change United Nations. An agreement not to built nuclear weapons in 1940 makes no sense, remove diplomatic victory
- Mussolini: He has some red spots on his head
- Russian Waffen SS??? How come? I got attacked by those!?
- Infantry IV in many neutral cities just in the beginning? Impossible to conquer.
- Make USA stay neutral until '41 or certain events.
- Gibraltar was under american control
- Germany has no state religion in the beginning
- Germany should have Blitzkrieg in the beginning, when I researched this tech, the whole war was just over.
- Fill empty places on map with cities (Turkey, Iraque, East Russia, Finland), settlers founded way too many new cities.
- Weird promotions for preset units. They just have proms which same later built units cannot get.
- Settler in central Germany cannot build Wolfsburg due to minimum distance to other cities.
- Please find a german translator!!
- So much for now

thx, many of yours sugestions is alright and now its fixed.

The mod is great. I hope you will confine your energies to fixing the bugs in the current build, and not worry about adding units/buildings. There are already a lot of units, though flavor units for each civ would be good.

When do you think the new patch will be ready?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

I think this weekend (I'm not sure if i would have time ths weekend to finish patch) if not next week weekend

It wil removes bugs that appeared since released (in mod for sure, in scenarios it can take more time, but they will be more balanced)
I'll see what we can add :)

@darkedone02 - we'll see what we can do to drop the computer requirements

we wants relase fisrst patch in weekend :)

Surely German units (and anyone else with aggressive... USSR I think) aren't supposed to start with ALL of the combat 1 promotions... (infantry combat, plane combat, tank combat, artillery combat... did I get that right?)

There was a bug in the Firaxis code. I fixed it but the scenario maps were done previously to the fix. The maps need to be redone with all the units removed and replaced by new ones of the same type. The new units will have the proper promotions.

Maybe randomize it so that unites can escape or be capturer after what the random number says like 1 capture 0 escape

Yup it would be great - some randomization - for example around 40% to be destroyed, 30% to esape 30% to be captured

Is there a new 1939 scenario the one I have crash when I hit end turn then it works some time and then black screen where do I turn on auto save

dont forget to merge dales work asap....since its crutial to the type of your mod, and would make it even greater:)

of course - when we clean the source code for sure we will use dale's bombardment, and missile mod :)
and thx :)

@ arithegreat - send us save before end turn

And I have some problem with V1 and and the ballistic missile the don´t attack.
And later units adds would be nice to have some allied jet fighter like Gloster Meteor, and the jump from mig-3 to mig-15 is so big so maybe MiG-9 would be good. And maybe scud missile but they entered service 1957 so maybe not

M4 Shermans and MK VI Crusader tanks have 1 to 51 first strikes. Im sure this is a bug, else my precious tigers are kitty litter =)

Ideas for later builds perhaps...
Would it be possible to get up with Kael and others about implementing a retreat system for defending units? This was done in FFH2 I believe. It would be a great feature to have as it would reduce the necessary number of units required. Perhaps throw in some code so that 'outflanked' units are annihilated. Outflanking could be done by checking if there arent any open squares that aren't adjacent to enemy units or squares controlled by friendly units.

That would be a huge tactical addition to the game as the German's favorite tactic was a pincer attack followed by encirclement and destruction.

Another thing I would personally like to see is cultural conquest. Where military units 'flip' the culture of the square they occupy. So to liberate cultural land, the home force would actually have to move a unit back over the 'flipped' square to flip it back to the first owner.

Top Bottom