[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Na I'm gonna have to say stay away form the torrents!!!

Thanx for the update Zap, although 1 question runs to mind if I already have RevDCM does it mean that I have to completely uninstall RoM2 and then reinstall with RoM2+Patch+RevDCM3.0?

Or can I just get away with what Kalimakhus posted?
Just follow Kalimakhus instructions and you should be good to go :)

So, can I use 2.01 and can handle my save game that made be 2.0 + bombarment+ Rev mod?
Version 2.0 save games won't work with 2.01 so I suggest playing your previous game to end (if you want to) before updating the mod.

"Just follow Kalimakhus instructions and you should be good to go"

Where? Please add link to every info because I'm not familiar here.

The link for RevDCM addon given on the first page seems to actually link to the version for 2.0. If i start a game with it i cannot see the interface and choosing Options from the menu does nothing. Also in the CvModName.py file it says:
#CvModName.py
modName = "Rise of Mankind"
modVersion = "2.0"
Also date added indicated is 12 april.

Thanks for the reply. I don't know what the problem is then. I followed the install instructions corectly (delete python folder for RevDCM and so on) about 3 or 4 times. Still seems weird that Date added shows April 12. Anyway, love your mod, keep up the good work :)

@danielseses

Check that there isn't this folder after you install the addon: '..\mods\Rise of Mankind\Rise of Mankind\'. If there is, then the location of addon is incorrect. You'll have to cut the 2nd Rise of mankind folder and paste it over to the 1st folder so that files get overwritten. This might happen with some programs that people use to unpack the files.

Nope it's not that. Either way Rise of Mankind is great even without that addon. I'll just wait for the next patch maybe then it'll work (I didn't have this problem with 2.0).

You could try copy CvPath.py file from Rise of Mankind main mod zip file and overwrite the same file in RoM python folder after you have installed the RevolutionDCM addon. This file was updated in v2.01 and works bit differently than before. Let me know if this helped to solve the problem.

Ok I figured out the problem. Apparently I must have been drunk (or rather completely ******ed) when I first installed RevDCM because........... well............. I took a look in \Beyond the Sword\Assets and what do you know there's no Python folder (I'm assuming there should be one) :lol:. So yeah I know how to fix my problem now. I feel so stupid :mad:

Zappara
From time to time I still get a CTD. The problem with the wierd mixed-up graphics remains every thirty turns or something. What should I do?

Great mod by the way, just a question, when i make a custom game and make a gigantic map and use 34 civs, i get a msg which says something along the lines of "memory allocation problem" then crashes... what is that and what causes that? I have tons of memory... 4 gigs of ram, 500+ gig mem available?

Great mod by the way, just a question, when i make a custom game and make a gigantic map and use 34 civs, i get a msg which says something along the lines of "memory allocation problem" then crashes... what is that and what causes that? I have tons of memory... 4 gigs of ram, 500+ gig mem available?

There is a thread in.. "civ4 bugs" about this. Basically, BTS exe has the right flag set by Firaxis, so your part is to add a flag in boot.ini to tell xp that programs can use more memory (/3GB). That should get rid of the MAF errors.

Also, if you use hibernate this has to be re-done (delete c:\hibernate.sys, turn off/on hibernate in power options to recreate the file. Otherwise the power will stay on!!!! and it will complain about "insufficient resources to complete API". microsoft.com will only tell you to download some patches...... but if you have sp2 already then this is all that is necessary.

but i use vista, and can't seem to find a boot.ini file, not that i would know what to do if i did find it with instructions like add a flag lol.... but if anyone would like to help me out with a little bit better info that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks that actually work perfect! i can now run gigantic maps with 34 civs!!!!!

Ok now my 2nd problem, Please help! I was having an issue with not being able to see any menu or options or civics and stuff like that after installing the newest 2.0 mod with all the other files, it was suggested to me to take out the python folder from the Mankind\assets .... so i did and it looked like it worked perfect! menu's and all options returned! but after playing a few minutes i now notice upon clicking in the civics for example, its hard to explain but in the civics options are all spread out and i can even see the education or healthcare civics :( and under Religion options i can see the last one and one is cut off... :( any ideas?

@joelrehel

You installed RevolutionDCM Add-on after you removed the python? '\Mods\Rise f Mankind\Assets\Python' -folder should be only deleted when you are going to install RevolutionDCM Add-on. If you did this, make sure you have installed now that Add-on properly ie. there should be again python folders. Add-On also overwrites xml files. If you only installed Rise of Mankind + patch and not Revolution add-on, you should not delete python files from the mod as those are essential part of the mod.

Some observations from my RoM 2 game.

Hellenism religion movie, nicely done!

AI is asking for steel while they cant use it yet.

Inquisitorial too many good things but not enough bad effects imo.

garrison builds military units 20% faster, does this go for ships also?

AI move their capitals to the new world (terra map)

Gunships attacking ships should have some sort of a neg bonus, i havent heard of heli's attacking ships.

transport heli's should only be able to defend imo.

some air promotions give the same bonusses on first lvl (air missiles and interception iirc)

There are lots of buildings that give spaceship build bonus.

SDI is now 75% could it be made 66%? I dont have anything to back up my vote but it seems more reasonable.

A nuclear war seems more possible that way. I was witnessing a nuclear war while i had SDI but the others didnt, including the one i was at war with. He never tried to nuke me. Could be he used his nukes on the other AI it was at war with. If he had been only at war with me who knows. I havent seen many nuclear wars in my civ4 experience.

Top Bottom