Is it possible to play Civilization 5 without an internet connection?

Heathcliff

Tactician
I like to play computergames on my laptop where I have no access to an internet connection. I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to play Civilization 5 without having an internet connection? I cannot start the game without having internet right now, but I'm new to steam so maybe there is a way.

2. If your internet connection goes down while playing Civilization 5 will you get kicked out of Civilization 5 - which could solve problem 1 by simply always have civilization 5 running in the background. if you are kicked out when the internet goes down like in starcraft 2 singleplayer - remember to save often.

Once you're activated on Steam you can play offline.

Nothing happens if you get disconnected during play. Not in my experience any way.

You only need an internet connection when you first install the game. After this, you are free to play without any internet connection. If you don't have internet, start Civ 5 and it should ask you if you want to start Steam in offline mode (alternatively, you can put steam in to offline mode from the Steam menu [top right] when it is already running and then it will stay in offline mode by default. You can then play the game as normal (albeit without multiplayer, but without internet, I'm guessing you weren't expecting multiplayer :p)

You're right, I can start the game if I press the steam to start in offline mode. Thanks.

Top Bottom