Realism Invictus

I think you may need to change the text description that shows up for the Organised Religion civic to "Allows building of missionaries for a few religions without monasteries." You can't even build some missionaries with a monastery - the buddhist one requires the cathedral. Toaist appears to be the first for which the original statement is correct.

The mod looks great and I love the terrain art !

This is what makes me say that Firaxis should have let the community make Civ 5 :)

I think you may need to change the text description that shows up for the Organised Religion civic to "Allows building of missionaries for a few religions without monasteries." You can't even build some missionaries with a monastery - the buddhist one requires the cathedral. Toaist appears to be the first for which the original statement is correct.

All missionaries require monasteries. Some also require a tech other than the one founding their respective religion. Buddhism is not an exception.

Downloaded full version three times - it lets me run through the setup options but can't read any files - I choose skip just to see and it can't read the next file. I'm trying the light version now.

Lite version doesn't work either. I don't think they are corrupt downloads. I use Windows 7 64bit - tried the install both as administrator and not. The installer was not able to detect the path, which is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword

I do have version 3.19

The exact error message is "Error opening file for writing"

I've got the same problem, the same error and the same error message.
I've downloaded the full setup three times and got all times the same thing.
i've installed Bts into another hd but no others mod gave me this kind of error, so...could be the setup corrupted?
Have u others ideas? I don't know what to do now... :(

The problem with installer reported, working on it. So far, the assumption is that it won't work when it can't autodetect the path to Civ 4. We'll try to fix that. As a temporary measure, I will probably try to upload a non-installer archive for those with installer errors later today.

So, no idea which music of Shostakovich was used for the main menu? And no idea if you will be replacing more of the music in the game?

The point that was being made earlier by another user about metal lore and metalworking (for example) is simply that they aren't the same thing. Using one when the other is meant makes something feel a little off. And as the number of similar incidents grow, so does that feeling.

Does this mod accept mods ?

I want to add some flavor units (ex the VBL Panhard for the French as Humvee) but without altering the files of the original Mod.

So I created a folder named "modules", put my module in it but it doesn't load.

So, no idea which music of Shostakovich was used for the main menu? And no idea if you will be replacing more of the music in the game?

Sorry, missed the question. Indeed the installer music is Shostakovich - the opening to this piece, one of my personal favorites.

It is the only custom music piece we brought to our mod. Ancient era music was a component created by another person on CFC (couldn't quickly find a link). Actually, I sometimes blame myself for being too lazy and not adding more nice music to the mod.

The point that was being made earlier by another user about metal lore and metalworking (for example) is simply that they aren't the same thing. Using one when the other is meant makes something feel a little off. And as the number of similar incidents grow, so does that feeling.

Well, as I clarified above, metalworking was not meant by that tech. And indeed, the tech does not allow players to work metals in any way, only to gather them.

Does this mod accept mods ?

I want to add some flavor units (ex the VBL Panhard for the French as Humvee) but without altering the files of the original Mod.

So I created a folder named "modules", put my module in it but it doesn't load.

No idea, really - never tried that. One suggestion is to look at xml structure of the mod, it is somewhat different from vanilla, especially where it comes to units. BTW, I was under the impression that Panhard was already in the mod.

OK I played a test game of about 150 turns as Julius Caesar to evaluate the mod; my initial impressions:
  1. Really impressive tech tree; lots of nice techs.
  2. Beautiful terrain graphics...especially the ice and snow terrain!
  3. Love the flavor units for Rome; it really felt like I was commanding the Roman Army.
  4. Looking at the Civopedia, I like all the new unit types you added; especially Naval units.
  5. Never liked Raging Barbs how can I disable the default? OTOH I like the GG points from Barb Combat...got 2 GGs from the Barbs.
  6. Did some reading on Amber, while it can be harvested from the water it is usually gathered from shore....so I edited the XML so that it appears on land instead (used Mamba's Amber module from Diversica). Also I am thinking of add OrionVeteran's Shrimp resource to compensate.
  7. I noticed there are very few if any Buildings in the early game that boost happiness....happiness will limit early expansion.
  8. Also be careful of maintainence costs....especially if you have the Populist trait.

[/LIST]

5. Play custom games instead of "Play now"; it is among other options.
6. Yeah, mostly collected from the shores (although trawling from boats is also a very valid technique). But there was no obvious way to tie it to shores from land side via xml (basically, to prevent it spawning inland), while it is possible to restrict it to only coastal water. Also, gameplay reasons - there is already plenty of land resources as it is. Still, as you are handy with xml, you can of course set it any way you want it to behave.
7. Much as intended. Until about mid-Classical, happiness is very limited. Also keep in mind that each new era starting with Medieval will bring with it an unhappiness hit, so it is wise to keep your cities 2 pops away from happiness limit when you are about to switch eras.
8. True. It is very easy to overextend early on.

Congratulations on the mod. I updated the SVN. By the year 1682 the game is well balanced.:)

I want to apologize for not having completed the study of the locations of the smaller tribes of South America. I hope to continue contributing (even slightly) to the success of this mod that I love very much.:blush:

The only little bug I noticed was the first contact with the Greeks, in which the text appears wrong and how the appearance of the Incas who are like the Greeks.
:goodjob:

seems great, but unfortunately around 840 b.c. it crashes, whatever previous load I try. I dont have this problem with other mods, and I play many of them, all the time. my game is the dvd complete version, no problem with vanilla game either.

Sorry, missed the question. Indeed the installer music is Shostakovich - the opening to this piece, one of my personal favorites.

Ah, no wonder I didn't know it. I'm very familiar with his 1st, 4-6, 8-11, and 13-15. I've just never gotten around to spending much time with the 7th. Will have to do that. Thanks.

It is the only custom music piece we brought to our mod. Ancient era music was a component created by another person on CFC (couldn't quickly find a link). Actually, I sometimes blame myself for being too lazy and not adding more nice music to the mod.

If you should ever decide to add music and seek suggestions, let me know. I'd be happy to assist in any fashion.

The mod sounds really great! I'm very interested, JUST the creativity and vastness of content I look for in mods. I have one question though: does the mod have revolutions that are made by the players own civilization because of unhappiness, sickness, distance from capital, debt, etc?

The only little bug I noticed was the first contact with the Greeks, in which the text appears wrong and how the appearance of the Incas who are like the Greeks.
:goodjob:

Didn't really understand the part about Incas. :confused:

seems great, but unfortunately around 840 b.c. it crashes, whatever previous load I try. I dont have this problem with other mods, and I play many of them, all the time. my game is the dvd complete version, no problem with vanilla game either.

32-bit OS, I guess? All there in the manual, you have run into a MAF. Nothing we can really do about it, as it is the fault of game engine itself. There are ways to compensate for it (see above), but not get away from it completely. And anyone with 32-bit OS should keep away from the World Map - you will be able to play for a decent time on random maps, provided they aren't huge.

If you should ever decide to add music and seek suggestions, let me know. I'd be happy to assist in any fashion.

Well, all help is good. While music will probably not be our immediate priority now, feel free to post your suggestions on our forum.

The mod sounds really great! I'm very interested, JUST the creativity and vastness of content I look for in mods. I have one question though: does the mod have revolutions that are made by the players own civilization because of unhappiness, sickness, distance from capital, debt, etc?

Nope; I guess you are referring to Revolution modcomp - we will probably integrate it sometime in future, but no promises here.

I have noticed a bug in the text of various IFV (file Units_Misc.xml).

In english they have their real names but for the other language it's IFV AMX10-P
(IFV from England, Japan and Spain).

Here is the changed code :

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_MOBILE_ENGLAND</Tag>
<English>IFV Warrior</English>
<French>
<Text>IFV Warrior</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</French>
<German>
<Text>IFV Warrior</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</German>
<Italian>
<Text>IFV Warrior</Text>
<Gender>Female</Gender>
<Plural>0:1</Plural>
</Italian>
<Spanish>
<Text>IFV Warrior</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_MOBILE_JAPAN</Tag>
<English>IFV Type 89</English>
<French>
<Text>IFV Type 89</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</French>
<German>
<Text>IFV Type 89</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</German>
<Italian>
<Text>IFV Type 89</Text>
<Gender>Female</Gender>
</Italian>
<Spanish>
<Text>IFV Type 89</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_MOBILE_SPAIN</Tag>
<English>IFV Pizarro</English>
<French>
<Text>IFV Pizarro</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</French>
<German>
<Text>IFV Pizarro</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</German>
<Italian>
<Text>IFV Pizarro</Text>
<Gender>Female</Gender>
</Italian>
<Spanish>
<Text>IFV Pizarro</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
</Spanish>
</TEXT>

I have noticed a bug in the text of various IFV (file Units_Misc.xml).

In english they have their real names but for the other language it's IFV AMX10-P
(IFV from England, Japan and Spain).

Here is the changed code :

Other languages of the mod are not supported. English is supposed to be the only playable language.

32-bit OS, I guess? All there in the manual, you have run into a MAF. Nothing we can really do about it, as it is the fault of game engine itself. There are ways to compensate for it (see above), but not get away from it completely. And anyone with 32-bit OS should keep away from the World Map - you will be able to play for a decent time on random maps, provided they aren't huge.

You really should edit the first post to say in big letters that this is a 64-bit only mod. It's unreasonable to expect people to download the manual and read a section with the obscure heading of "MAF errors" to discover this.

According to some random page I found on the Internet :) only 10% of Steam users have 64 bit computers. Given that BtS is now the non-Steam version of Civ, the percentage of BtS users who have 64-bit is presumably even lower. So this mod, which appears to be the result of an enormous amount of work by a dedicated team, is only useful to a small minority.

A useful analogy: If someone made a Mac-only mod, I'd imagine they'd be polite enough to mention the fact from the start :)

Good luck and thank you for your work

Top Bottom