Does the achievement We Are Family work?

Drawmeus

Emperor
Standard size, Standard speed map, every city in the world had my religion (King difficulty), no achievement.

Does this achievement work? Is there a trick to it?

EDIT: The only thing I can think of is that I controlled two of the capitals - Babylon and Sukhothai.

It is currently believed to be bugged. About the only thing not tried yet is getting it in the Renn scenario if that is even possible.

Well that makes me feel better. I actually did this achievement in my last game but didn't get it because I was using a mod at the time. I was originally annoyed at myself for missing out on this achievement just so I have the Pastafarian mod installed but if I wouldn't have gotten it anyway due to a bug then I feel a lot better about it. Hopefully it will be patched soon.

Keep a saved game and reload after its fixed? Unless there is some hidden requirement, such as all civs have to control their original capitals - I got my religion into every city but I had captured 3 or 4 caps.

Might be a weird way to do it, but this achivement is really easy to do in a hotseat game.

Just create a hotseat game and make sure that every player have a religion(it does not have to be the same, as long as EVERY capital has a religion) and you should get the achivement.

I got this achivement while playing with a few buddies, did not know we could even get achi in multiplayer!

Wait so you got this achievement while playing multiplayer?

Can you give us more details on the game you were playing? Maybe there is something everyone else was missing or maybe its actually a multiplayer achievement?

Edit: I just tried what the previous poster said. I started a hotseat game against myself.

I did
Celts
Byzantine
all rest city states
large map
west vs east

I focused on getting to religions and founded a separate religion in each of my 2 capitals. I did not get an achievement. I did not try converting the other capital to one of the religions, but that would be the next logical step.

Can you give us more details on your game? If anything it may be a bug that you GOT it.

Might be a weird way to do it, but this achivement is really easy to do in a hotseat game.

Just create a hotseat game and make sure that every player have a religion(it does not have to be the same, as long as EVERY capital has a religion) and you should get the achivement.

I got this achivement while playing with a few buddies, did not know we could even get achi in multiplayer!
Tried this and got achievement.

Hotseat, 5 players on standard map. (I thought that since max # of religion on standard is 5, this would work. but no one knows.)
When I founded religion with 3 players and some more turn after I got achievement.

This is weird. I didn't founded all religion, and 2 capitals didn't had religion(pantheon only), and I didn't got achievement when I founded 3rd religion - Sometime later. What is exact criteria for this?

Anyways, thanks for sharing this.

Think it's 8 civs minimum.

Hum, I quickly wanted to get this and made a game just for that. Settler, Pangea, Standard size, quick speed, Byzanthine with Texts and Preacers > homogenous religion. But no Achievement.

I did get this, but at a random time in the (contrived) game.

Settings: Hotseat, Prince, 2 player (both me!), random civs, Standard map, Pangea, NO CITY STATES.

Situation: Ended up with Huns and Maya. Settled one city each civ, beelined for faith. Both got Pantheons, then both got great prophets and founded different religions. Then nothing.

Kept playing for around 20 more turns, then it popped for no seeming reason. It might have been another prophet, or enhancing a religion, or number or faith points. The two civs never even found each other!

Maybe it's a multiplayer achievement? Anyone gotten it in single player?

Well, I tried what Haphaz did, but on single player.

So it may just be that multiplayer is the key to this.

It seems more than a little odd that it should be a multiplayer achievement, when the vast majority of achievements are unachieveable in multi... heck, is there ANY other multiplayer-enabled achievements, other than perhaps the 'endurance' ones? (like 1000 roads, 1000 mines, ect.)

Combined with it popping up at random times when the criteria set out in its description haven't even been fulfilled, and the only logical explanation is that it's bugged, but in such a way that you can make the game award it to you if you tickle it just right.

Still... there also IS a chance that the only 'bugged' part of it is that you can get it by that circuitous route, and that the 'normal' method for getting it just requires some additional factors to be right. The most obvious potential explanation would be that you require at least 8 civs (the default for a Standard-sized map, counting yourself), and that you need to spread your religion to every capital while they're still in the hands of the original owners - in other words, you have to prevent the AI from fighting itself, which might be attainable through a combination of low difficulty (Settler), choosing peaceful enemy civ-leaders (Gandhi and... who else, really? Haile Selassie?) and setting all of the AI's to the same team.

If somebody tries that, and it still doesn't work, then I think it's safe to say that it is well and truly bugged.

I played on a large map (10 civs), all had their original capitals, and all the capitals followed Shinto; no achievement.

I'm still waiting for someone from 2K to get back to me.

I played on a large map (10 civs), all had their original capitals, and all the capitals followed Shinto; no achievement.

I'm still waiting for someone from 2K to get back to me.

Assuming that YOU founded Shinto (which I'll assume), that pretty much shoots a hole in the theory, and confirms that the achievement is bugged - even if there's a glitchy way to trick the game into awarding it. :(

Assuming that YOU founded Shinto (which I'll assume), that pretty much shoots a hole in the theory, and confirms that the achievement is bugged - even if there's a glitchy way to trick the game into awarding it. :(

:) Heh...yes, I was the Shinto Pope. I wonder, also, if it might have had something to do with the way I went about converting the cities. In some cases I just walked a Great Prophet up to a capital and converted just that city, rather than converting the surrounding cities?

Hi, I also had problems with this achievement and I've tried three different ways:

1) normal game, standard size map, prince difficulty - all capitals have the same religion, including the city states.
No achievement, but I captured 2 capitals before they assume my religion.

2) Hot seat game, standard size map, settler difficulty, all 8 players controlled by me.
5 different religions (I think thats the max number with this settings).
Also no achievement, after all capitals assume the same religion...

3) Same settings as suggest by Haphaz (except the map type):
Hotseat, Prince, 2 player (both me!), random civs, Standard map, CONTINENTS, NO CITY STATES.
Player 1 (Arabia) explored a religion (Buddhism, establish in rd 84)
Player 2 (Persia) has only a pantheon
After round 91, the achievement popped for no seeming reason... No idea why... :):D

I've attached my savegames: rd 91, the rd before I get the achievement ans rd 92, the magic round for "we are family" :)
Maybe someone wants to look at my game and can explain WHY I get in in that special round. (path for the savegames is ...\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\hotseat\auto\)

so long, MrOz80

Sorry for spelling mistakes or wrong "Civilization terms", english is not my native language :crazyeye:

Attachments

• weAreFamily.zip
    669.4 KB · Views: 5,078
thanks MrOz80, I used your 91 turns save and get the achievement at turn 95: after the Great Mosque was finished and a great prophet born / new religion founded.

Top Bottom