Neanderthal Civilization Idea

Iannewton80

Chieftain
Leader: Neander the Thal

Neanderthal Golden Age: +10 production in all cities until the beginning of the classical age.

Special unit: Neanderthal Warrior: Replaces warrior and has 12 strength unlike the warrior who has eight.

Special building: Great Fire: Provides +5 :c5culture:, + 2 faith and + 2 happiness :) maintenance free. When the Classical era begins the "building" disappears.

Additional notes: Playing as the Neanderthals would have some amazing benefits during the ancient era; your production would be great, you would strong military units and if you built the Great Fire you would have a good amount of culture, faith and happiness. Most of these benefits would end however as soon as you enter the dreadful classical Era.

That's a very primitive early civilization. The warrior could be op.

Hmm. How many str12 units would you have to chain-produce with your effective double Mines of Solomon city tile to Zerg an early capital capture before they can deploy an archer to see you off?

At the very least limit the UA and perhaps UB to unoccupied cities, or else there's a very real possibility of nothing being able to stop this carpet of soldier ants.

10 free producton is OP. You can stay "primitive" and get every single ancient wonder plus 2 settlers just like that.

10 free production plus str 12 resourceless unit is better than workshop plus pikemen.

Ha, I think I like that neanderthal civilization idea.. xD

Maybe just make the bonus production not apply to the great wonders because none of the wonders was built by them.. if they did have some, we probably smashed them long time ago <.<

Warriors take 40 hammers.

10 hammers from the UA.

3 from the palace

Let's just say 2 from working tiles.

15 hammers, you can poop out a warrior every 3 turns. Let's go to war.

1.5:1 strength ratio our warriors vs enemy warriors.

We should be dealing about 40 damage and they deal 20 to us, assuming I understand this guide's table correctly: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=170194443

Yeah, they're toast. DoW on sight, make a couple warriors and archers, easy capital.

We're superior to spearmen (11 strength), which ask for 56 hammers, so we'll still be ahead of the ballgame even if those are coming out just because we have 1 more strength and can poop out warriors faster. Hell, swordsmen are 14 strength, need a resource, and take a whopping 75 hammers, we can make almost two 12 strength with that!

But wait, we'll go honor.

Great general from Honor makes our warriors 13.8 strength, the policy for it gives us +15% production towards warriors. We could very likely get a warrior every 2 turns with production focus (maybe you're pop 3, got God of Craftsmen and worked a couple hills).

Let's grab a barracks and the heroic epic. Don't worry, it should only take like 13 turns or so, more if you're getting beyond our base 15 hammers by now. 15% great general, 15% Morale, a promotion of your choice. I'm getting Discipline next for another 15% bonus since we're zerging. I forget how promotions stack but the LEAST generous stacking of them gives me a 17 strength unit that I can fart out every 2, 3 turns. Note that this doesn't have shock/drill applied just yet, add that too if you're on the right terrain, it'll probably be like 19.

The mighty Legion swordsmen, 17 strength and 75 hammers, can be matched by our neanderthal power. Even better, we can make two for every one legion soldier, and they're limited by iron. We stand toe to toe against Pikemen, and only finally start to drop off with Longswordsmen and Knights, when %-based boosts can't pump 12 base strength hard enough. I might dare say they could hold their own against Impi, depending on who gets the first strike.

And once we get promotions.

Oh boy, once we get promotions.

I'd play it.

Warriors take 40 hammers.

10 hammers from the UA.

3 from the palace

Let's just say 2 from working tiles.

15 hammers, you can poop out a warrior every 3 turns. Let's go to war.

1.5:1 strength ratio our warriors vs enemy warriors.

We should be dealing about 40 damage and they deal 20 to us, assuming I understand this guide's table correctly:

Yeah, they're toast. DoW on sight, make a couple warriors and archers, easy capital.

We're superior to spearmen (11 strength), which ask for 56 hammers, so we'll still be ahead of the ballgame even if those are coming out just because we have 1 more strength and can poop out warriors faster. Hell, swordsmen are 14 strength, need a resource, and take a whopping 75 hammers, we can make almost two 12 strength with that!

But wait, we'll go honor.

Great general from Honor makes our warriors 13.8 strength, the policy for it gives us +15% production towards warriors. We could very likely get a warrior every 2 turns with production focus (maybe you're pop 3, got God of Craftsmen and worked a couple hills).

Let's grab a barracks and the heroic epic. Don't worry, it should only take like 13 turns or so, more if you're getting beyond our base 15 hammers by now. 15% great general, 15% Morale, a promotion of your choice. I'm getting Discipline next for another 15% bonus since we're zerging. I forget how promotions stack but the LEAST generous stacking of them gives me a 17 strength unit that I can fart out every 2, 3 turns. Note that this doesn't have shock/drill applied just yet, add that too if you're on the right terrain, it'll probably be like 19.

The mighty Legion swordsmen, 17 strength and 75 hammers, can be matched by our neanderthal power. Even better, we can make two for every one legion soldier, and they're limited by iron. We stand toe to toe against Pikemen, and only finally start to drop off with Longswordsmen and Knights, when %-based boosts can't pump 12 base strength hard enough. I might dare say they could hold their own against Impi, depending on who gets the first strike.

And once we get promotions.

Oh boy, once we get promotions.

This theoretical Neanderthal civilization would lose the 10 hammers upon entering Classical Age, which you enter upon unlocking Iron Working (which is required for Heroic Epic). Not that it makes the Super neanderthal warrior any less good, just that you're giving them more strength than they'd have.

But regardless, you'd basically be unstoppable early game, with insane production giving you essentially any wonder of your choosing.

I'll admit I forgot the Heroic Epic involves entering the classical era, but it's not as if the Neanderthal Warrior loses its 12 strength when you enter Classical either. The main thing staying Ancient gives you is the bonfire and +10 hammers, which certainly helps in pumping them out quickly, but is by no means necessary to continue producing 40-hammer-cost better-than-spearmen. You only really need to stop when you have longswordsmen or pikemen, and even then with promotions the warriors would have a bit of a fighting chance to a fresh recruit.

Top Bottom