Science openings?

PrettyRevenge

Chieftain
I have trouble for the first 100 turns for science focus (bab, Korea and Venice ). I understand growth, tradition tree etc. for Babylon and Korea I beeline straight to philosophy, build nc then settle 2 cities. For others I tend to follow the 3 city start guide. If someone posts a guide or links or something it would be awesome :D

I don't want to make a another thread but could someone also point me to a domination victory guide? I'd prefer early mid rushes rather early rushes ( dont like crippling my empi at the beginning)

I've been finding that regardless of which civ I have (Venice is the exception of course), I build at least 1 expansion city before my nation wonder. Of course building 2 expansion cities is almost always better for science, but if I'm trying to rush out Petra, I'll make it easier on myself by only having 1 expansion so I can get the nation college built in time for me to finish Petra. Otherwise, I find having 2-3 cities early outweighs having the NC built sooner. All that extra population quickly passes up the early NC.

That might be different if your cap has incredible dirt, and the expansion cities would not. That is about the only time I could imagine 1 city to be better. Or Domination victories.

Top Bottom