Do you change your mobilization?

• Yes

Votes: 32 33.0%
  • No

Votes: 65 67.0%

• Total voters

Lord_all_Mighty

Watching....
When you are at war with someone, do you change the mobilization to wartime, or do you just leave it alone?

If I'm in a "win the war or lose the game" situation I will mobilize. But usually I have the game under control by the industrial age and concentrate on building infrastructure for my eventual win.

Coming in strong in the industrial age as I normally do, none of my 'war-time worthy' wars actually start until the modern ages (which is not out of conquering, but other reasons, such as resources, territory invasions, or just cause I don't like a particularly like so said leader(s) or his or her attitude) and by then I'm usually building the spaceship, which is my most preferred win (besides histo-graph). So no, not really.

My wars are usually determined by what I already have, not what I will have. I don't mobilize so I don't get stuck with quantities of useless troops or wasted shields in peacetime.

I only mobilize in a 'do or die' situation.
Its not worth the chance of getting stuck in a phoney war situation for 20 turns(or a long time), and there is almost never a time when some cities wouldn't be better off building something more useful than military.

I would if it weren't for the HORRIBLE feature that your culture output is halved.

Voted no, becasue I usually never mobilize. If my civ has few luxury resources and is unable to secure more through trades, then I'll mobilize. But, I've found w/ enough luxuries and effective war strategies, the negatives of mobilization can be avoided. IMHO.

I rarely mobilize. By the industrial age you already get huge production bonuses.

If you could mobilize early on in the game it would be very very powerful.

-Sirp.

I've only mobilized once. The production hit on cities building improvements and the culture hit were too great a price to pay.

I mobilize when the war is touch and go and I need every ounce of production for my military.

I mobilise if i havent built that many factories in the game (which is VERY rare), or like Davemcw, when it really is a crucial war.

I used to mobilize when I first started playing (never knew about the half culture thing and used to wonder why I never had as much as the AI). Now, I rarely use it. Maybe if I want to have 10+ cities with 100spt or more (one tank), I might.

I like to be prepared for war. When a war either threatens my continued existence and prosperity, or when it offers significant prospects of gain, I'll devote my efforts to full mobilization, except maybe building a wonder in the capital. If it's a war against a civ three continents away, I don't bother. :)

It depends on how large the Civ is that I'm fighting with, if I have to mobilize I will make sure I am at war with two civs, the big one I"m fighting against and a small Civ that I can make peace with if I want to get out of war time mobilization.

I tend to mobilize in late-industrial wars. If my cities are fully developed, mobilization is a powerful tool. (1 unit per turn cities even in unfavorable terrain).

i dont usually mobilize. i did once, and found that it was annoying because i wanted to build peacetime stuff.

the only time i used this, caused my loss, egypt was much bigger and declared war. i mobilized, thinking "20 turns and it's gone, the war will be over." it wasn't. and babylon built the spaceship all by himself, alone!

I almost never use the mobilization option. Because I'm such an avid builder, I need to build every building in every city. With mobilization I can't build anything (except the military improvements).

Top Bottom